(prep.) In the immediate neighborhood of; in contiguity or proximity to; near, as to place; by or on (one's person).
(prep.) Over or upon different parts of; through or over in various directions; here and there in; to and fro in; throughout.
(prep.) Near; not far from; -- determining approximately time, size, quantity.
(prep.) In concern with; engaged in; intent on.
(prep.) On the point or verge of; going; in act of.
(prep.) Concerning; with regard to; on account of; touching.
(adv.) On all sides; around.
(adv.) In circuit; circularly; by a circuitous way; around the outside; as, a mile about, and a third of a mile across.
(adv.) Here and there; around; in one place and another.
(adv.) Nearly; approximately; with close correspondence, in quality, manner, degree, etc.; as, about as cold; about as high; -- also of quantity, number, time.
(adv.) To a reserved position; half round; in the opposite direction; on the opposite tack; as, to face about; to turn one's self about.
(adv.) With approximation; so as to approximate; nearly.
(1) Between 25 and 40 degrees C, the thermal dependencies of VR and f were approximately constant (Q10's of 1.31 and 1.36 got VR and f, respectively).
(2) The proportion of teeth per child with calculus was approximately 8 percent for supragingival and 4 percent for subgingival calculus.
(3) 5-Azacytidine (I) stability was increased approximately 10-fold over its stability in water or lactated Ringer injection by the addition of excess sodium bisulfite and the maintenance of pH approximately 2.5.
(4) This time is approximately six months for the neuroleptics given orally, one month for antidepressants, and five and a half half-lives for benzodiazepines.
(5) After 55 days of unrestricted food availability the body weight of the neonatally deprived rats was approximately 15% lower than that of the controls.
(6) In the clinical trials in which there was complete substitution of fat-modified ruminant foods for conventional ruminant products the fall in serum cholesterol was approximately 10%.
(7) Only the approximately 2.7 kb mRNA species was visualized in Northern blots of total cellular and poly(A+) RNA isolated from cardiac ventricular muscle.
(8) The enzyme was solubilized by Triton X-100 and purified approximately 480-fold by gel filtration and affinity chromatography on alanine methyl ketone-AH-Sepharose 4B.
(9) The Cao-dependent Na+ efflux was half-maximally activated by [Ca2+]o = 2.0 mM in LiSW and 7.2 mM in Tris-SW; at saturating [Ca2+]o, [Ca2+]i, and [Na+]i the maximal (calculated) Cao-dependent Na+ efflux was approximately 75 pmol#cm2.s.
(10) The DNA untwisting enzyme has been purified approximately 300-fold from rat liver nuclei.
(11) The molecular weight of antigen RFB2 was estimated to be approximately 85,000 daltons based on the results of gel filtration on Sepharose CL-6B.
(12) Approximately 90% of the patients have a lambda light chain myeloma protein and almost all patients excrete Bence-Jones protein.
(13) With glucose and protein as intraduodenal stimulus (no pancreatin added), the plasma amino acids rose significantly less (by approximately 50% of the control experiment) and the increment in insulin (but not C-peptide) concentrations was significantly reduced by loxiglumide.
(14) Plasma fibrinogen decreased by approximately 7% due to hemodilution caused by plasma volume expansion.
(15) The estimated DNA compaction ratio (approximately 3-fold) is consistent with a significant degree of nucleosome unfolding in the hyperstimulated BR genes.
(16) Each species has approximately 500 core histones cluster repeats per haploid genome.
(17) This gene, termed cbbE', codes for a putative surface protein of approximately 55 kDa, termed the E' protein.
(18) The total content of both thyroid hormones in the oocytes increased throughout most of the ovarian cycle as the oocytes increased in size from less than 2 mg to approximately 6.5 mg by ovulation.
(19) Sonographic images of the gallbladder enable satisfactory approximation of gallbladder volume using the sum-of-cylinders method.
(20) Replacement of Na+ by K+ or Li+ did not alter uptake, whereas replacement of Cl- by HCO-3 or gluconate- reduced uptake by approximately 40%.