(prep.) In the immediate neighborhood of; in contiguity or proximity to; near, as to place; by or on (one's person).
(prep.) Over or upon different parts of; through or over in various directions; here and there in; to and fro in; throughout.
(prep.) Near; not far from; -- determining approximately time, size, quantity.
(prep.) In concern with; engaged in; intent on.
(prep.) On the point or verge of; going; in act of.
(prep.) Concerning; with regard to; on account of; touching.
(adv.) On all sides; around.
(adv.) In circuit; circularly; by a circuitous way; around the outside; as, a mile about, and a third of a mile across.
(adv.) Here and there; around; in one place and another.
(adv.) Nearly; approximately; with close correspondence, in quality, manner, degree, etc.; as, about as cold; about as high; -- also of quantity, number, time.
(adv.) To a reserved position; half round; in the opposite direction; on the opposite tack; as, to face about; to turn one's self about.
(adv.) In a circle; circularly; on every side; round.
(adv.) In a circuit; here and there within the surrounding space; all about; as, to travel around from town to town.
(adv.) Near; in the neighborhood; as, this man was standing around when the fight took place.
(prep.) On all sides of; encircling; encompassing; so as to make the circuit of; about.
(prep.) From one part to another of; at random through; about; on another side of; as, to travel around the country; a house standing around the corner.
(1) Since fingernail creatinine (Ncr) reflects serum creatinine (Scr) at the time of nail formation, it has been suggested that Ncr level might represent that of Scr around 4 months previously.
(2) DI James Faulkner of Great Manchester police said: “The men and women working in the factory have told us that they were subjected to physical and verbal assaults at the hands of their employers and forced to work more than 80-hours before ending up with around £25 for their week’s work.
(3) As May delivered her statement in the chamber, police helicopters hovered overhead and a police cordon remained in place around Westminster, but MPs from across the political spectrum were determined to show that they were continuing with business as usual.
(4) Facebook Twitter Pinterest With a plot based around fake (or real?)
(5) The purpose of this paper is to discuss the potential for integrating surveillance techniques in reproductive epidemiology with geographic information system technology in order to identify populations at risk around hazardous waste sites.
(6) Migrant voters are almost as numerous as current Ukip supporters but they are widely overlooked and risk being increasingly disaffected by mainstream politics and the fierce rhetoric around immigration caused partly by the rise of Ukip,” said Robert Ford from Manchester University, the report’s co-author.
(7) They are best explained by interactions between central sympathetic activity, brainstem control of respiration and vasomotor activity, reflexes arising from around and within the respiratory tract, and the matching of ventilation to perfusion in the lungs.
(8) The radius is estimated to be around 1.7 nm, which shows a moderate degree of hydration.
(9) All of this in the same tones of weary nonchalance you might use to stop the dog nosing around in the bin.
(10) The popularly used procedure in Great Britain is that in which a sheet of Ivalon sponge is sutured to the sacrum and wrapped around the rectum thus anchoring it in place.
(11) High mortality, severe destruction of pancreatic B-cells and presence of sporadic mononuclear infiltrations in islets and around excretory ducts were observed.
(12) We examined 10 life areas clustered around the general categories of "substance use," "social functioning," and "emotional and interpersonal functioning."
(13) Wright said he had recently shown a family moving from London around a four-bedroom house with a paddock, on sale for £375,000.
(14) If we’re waiting around for the Democratic version to sail through here, or the Republican version to sail through here, all those victims who are waiting for us to do something will wait for days, months, years, forever and we won’t get anything done.” Senator Bill Nelson, whose home state of Florida is still reeling from the Orlando shooting, said he felt morally obligated to return to his constituents with results.
(15) Among the epileptic patients investigated by the stereotactic E. E. G. (Talairach) whose electrodes were introduced at or around the auditory cortex (Area 41, 42), the topography of the auditory responses by the electrical bipolar stimulation and that of the auditory evoked potential by the bilateral click sound stimulation were studied in relation to the ac--pc line (Talairach).
(16) It is resilient, but like all reefs around the world, it is also facing challenges.
(17) Travel around Fukushima today and there is little evidence of disaster or trauma.
(18) October 27, 2013 7.27pm GMT Around the league And here’s how things look elsewhere, as we head into the fourth quarter: Cowboys 13-7 Lions Browns 17-20 Chiefs Dolphins 17-20 Patriots Bills 10-28 Saints Giants 15-0 Eagles 49ers 35-10 Jaguars 7.25pm GMT End of 3rd quarter: 49ers 35-10 Jaguars The quarter ends with the Jaguars facing a third-and-one at their own 32.
(19) Amid all of the worry about her health, the difficult decisions around the surgery, and how to explain everything to the children, the practicalities of postponing the holiday was a relatively minor consideration.
(20) Severity of leukoaraiosis around the frontal horns of the lateral ventricles correlated significantly with severity of leukoaraiosis of the centrum semiovale adjacent to the bodies of the lateral ventricles.