(prep.) In or to a higher place; higher than; on or over the upper surface; over; -- opposed to below or beneath.
(prep.) Figuratively, higher than; superior to in any respect; surpassing; beyond; higher in measure or degree than; as, things above comprehension; above mean actions; conduct above reproach.
(prep.) Surpassing in number or quantity; more than; as, above a hundred. (Passing into the adverbial sense. See Above, adv., 4.)
(adv.) In a higher place; overhead; into or from heaven; as, the clouds above.
(adv.) Earlier in order; higher in the same page; hence, in a foregoing page.
(adv.) Higher in rank or power; as, he appealed to the court above.
(adv.) More than; as, above five hundred were present.
(imp. & p. p.) of Mention
(1) There was no mention of remaining problems regarding 16 of the 28 omphalocoele patients and 10 of the 16 gastroschisis patients.
(2) Of the 622 people interviewed, a large proportion (30.5%) believed that the first deciduous tooth should erupt between the age of 5-7 months; the next commonly mentioned time of tooth eruption was 7-9 months of age; and 50.3% of the respondents claimed to have seen a case of prematurely erupted primary teeth.
(3) The increased muscular strength in due to a rise of calcaemia, improved muscle contraction and probably also due to the mentioned nutritional factors.
(4) Direct limiting effects of hypothermia on tissue O2 delivery and muscle oxidative metabolism as well as vasoconstriction and arteriovenous shunting associated with CPB procedures are likely to be involved in the above mentioned alterations of cell metabolism.
(5) In self-opinions on own appearance the children mentioned teeth as a feature which they would like to change as first.
(6) The authors suggest that the outstanding high sensitivity of the above mentioned two tests applied parallelly reveals that they highlights partially different aspects of coronary artery disease, and that is why the overlapping between the methods is relatively small.
(7) Taking into account the calculated volume and considering the triangular image as one face of the particle, it is suggested that eIF-3 has the shape of a flat triangular prism with a height of about 7 nm and the above-mentioned side-lengths.
(8) Subgingival plaque was sampled and the presence or absence of the above mentioned bacteria assessed with BANA reagent cards (Perio Scan).
(9) Four of the tumours, 2 adenomas and 2 intramucosal carcinomas, having a remarkable macroscopic appearance like a large mucosal fold are especially mentioned.
(10) The evaluation of the data of unknown test persons of a pilot study in 96% resulted in a correct classification in patients with heart and circulatory diseases or persons with healthy heart and circulation, the classification in the above mentioned groups of diagnosis was performed on an average to 57%.
(11) The use of UEBP-deficient female rat liver cytosol revealed that the afore-mentioned steroids are ineffective with respect to estrogen reception.
(12) The Guardian neglects to mention 150,000 privately owned guns or that Palestinians are banned from bearing arms.
(13) It is mentioned that the lack of a valuable status for industrial physicians may adversely affect the evolution of training programs in Switzerland.
(14) Essien, by the way, has been decent so far, other than the error just mentioned.
(15) In healthy persons the supernatant of lymphocytes preincubated with PHA and ALG was found to show a stimulating effect to clonogenic properties of marrow progenitors, the mentioned effect being not in proportion to the concentration value.
(16) But mention the words "eurozone crisis" to other Finns, and you could be rewarded with little more than a confused, albeit friendly, smile.
(17) Wimbledon said the world No1 Williams had been suffering from a viral illness and it was a sad and bizarre end to the American’s tournament, not to mention a worrying sight, seeing her hardly able to play.
(18) The essentials of standardizations of bronchial provocation tests from the clinical point of view are mentioned.
(19) However, there's been very little mention of what happened in Manchester today – shame on you.
(20) CoQ10 suppressed the mentioned phenomenon in regenerating liver.