What's the difference between absently and inattentively?
(adv.) In an absent or abstracted manner.
(1) This particular variant of rheumatoid arthritis (RA) is characterized by the presence of subcutaneous rheumatoid nodules, scanty or absent systemic manifestations and a clinically benign course.
(2) This suggested that the chemical effects produced by shock waves were either absent or attenuated in the cells, or were inherently less toxic than those of ionizing irradiation.
(3) Antral G cells increase in states of achlorhydria in man and animals provided atrophic antral gastritis is absent.
(4) The Bohr and Root effects are absent, although specific amino acid residues, considered responsible of most of these functions, are conserved in the sequence, thus posing new questions about the molecular basis of these mechanisms.
(5) It is widely seen as a counter to China’s economic might in Asia, and the world’s second largest economy is notably absent from the list of signatories.
(6) In preparations from older animals this effect was absent or there was a potentiation of the responses.
(7) Isoenzyme LDH4 was absent in the human pancreas in all the studied periods of embryonic development.
(8) Electron microscopy revealed the presence of a hitherto unreported peculiar "pilovacuolar" inclusion in numerous mitochondria, composed of an electron dense pile or rod within a vacuole, while globular or crystalline inclusions were absent.
(9) The region is distinctive in that the sequence is absent from the homologous domain of the erythroid alpha chain and diverges from the normal internal repeat structure observed throughout other spectrins.
(10) The pathway of ketogenesis in renal cortex must differ from that of the liver, as beta-hydroxy-beta-methylglutaryl-CoA synthetase is virtually absent from the kidney.
(11) This article presents the case of bilateral absent maxillary permanent molars with severe oligodontia and no other abnormalities.
(12) On the seventh day, when middle ear effusions were absent, the ciliary activity had recovered to normal.
(13) Allelic complementation was not observed, despite testing of a large number of allele pairs, and alleles suppressible by the ochre suppressor SUP11 were absent from a sample of 48 spontaneous mutants and occurred infrequently (7%) among a sample of ultraviolet-induced mutants.
(14) This phenomena is strongly marked in spastic and mixed types of drowning and is absent in aspiration and reflex types.
(15) For CT scans, these periventricular changes were graded according to their extent as absent, or partly involving the white matter, or extending up to the subcortical region.
(16) It is generally agreed upon that ERT is fruitless in the patient with severe head trauma or when vital signs were absent at the scene of the injury.
(17) Intact wild-type cells, or those of a mutant in which the core region of the lipopolysaccharide was absent, were equally resistant to pronase treatment.
(18) Following the surgery, one patient continued to exhibit PLEDs but clinical seizures were absent PLEDs recurred in the second patient due to inadequate anticonvulsant medication.
(19) Moreover, it was more apparent in less differentiated tumors in which the granular pattern was often absent or inconsistent.
(20) The characteristic heart rate deceleration shown immediately prior to the aversive stimulus by control subjects was absent in the schizophrenic group.