What's the difference between accidentally and incidentally?
(adv.) In an accidental manner; unexpectedly; by chance; unintentionally; casually; fortuitously; not essentially.
(1) The data from this experience as well as others previously reported can yield prognostic indicators of survival in cases of accidental hypothermia.
(2) Accidentally discovered nearly 40 years ago as the first true antidepressants, the MAOIs soon fell into disfavor due to concerns about toxicity and seemingly lesser efficacy compared with the newer tricyclic compounds.
(3) He's called out for his lack of imagination in a stinging review by a leading food critic (Oliver Platt) and - after being introduced to Twitter by his tech-savvy son (Emjay Anthony) - accidentally starts a flame war that will lead to him losing his job.
(4) Accidental injury is the leading cause of death in persons between the ages of 1 and 50 years in our Western society.
(5) Women on the beat: how to get more female police officers around the world Read more Mortars were, for instance, used on 5 June when Afghan national army soldiers accidentally hit a wedding party on the outskirts of Ghazni, killing eight children.
(6) Cavernous hemangiomas of the brain stem are usually discovered accidentally during evacuation of a hematoma, and successful surgical treatment of these lesions is seldom achieved.
(7) The time of insertion had no effect on the rate of accidental pregnancy (p less than .05).
(8) A case history is presented of a 10-year-old patient, who accidentally injured her maxillary central incisor.
(9) Doctors refuse to discharge 'Baby Asha' because of fears for safety on Nauru Read more It’s understood the baby girl, who is about a year old and is known as Asha, suffered burns when boiling water was accidentally spilt on her on Nauru.
(10) Early charcoal administration may be of value therefore in reducing the toxicity of mefenamic acid after deliberate or accidental overdosage.
(11) The gastrostomy catheter can be easily removed when treatment is ended and conveniently replaced if accidentally dislodged.
(12) Rapid heart beat was found accidentally by auscultation.
(13) This study analyzes data on accidental falls for those aged 65 and older.
(14) There was nothing accidental about Saffiyah Khan’s easy nonchalance, grinning through the spitting rage of Ian Crossland at the EDL rally in Birmingham city centre at the weekend; Ieshia Evans knew there was more power in calm when she approached the police in Baton Rouge last summer.
(15) A deformed hip joint which was accidentally found in a test pig is described.
(16) Nonfatal complications specifically related to splenectomy occurred in 15 per cent of patients with multi-organ injury and in 18 per cent of patients with incidental-accidental splenic removal.
(17) It is concluded that, from the individual's perspective, the influence of situational factors means that part of his consumption is determined by more or less accidental circumstances like the opportunities to drink, the size of the drinking group and group pressure.
(18) But it would be also thinkable that it is an accidental combination of diseases, the number of which increases at growing age.
(19) Active Surveillance decreases the possibility of misidentifying abuse related deaths as accidental, and allows state agencies to follow abuse fatalities, collecting pertinent information and adjusting policy accordingly.
(20) The atherosclerotic involvement of coronary branch vessels (first diagonal, first septal, posterior descending, left and right marginals, conus and the vessels supplying the conduction system) was investigated in 450 apparently healthy subjects aged 11-55 years who died of accidental causes.