(adv.) Agreeably; correspondingly; suitably; in a manner conformable.
(adv.) In natural sequence; consequently; so.
(1) Typological and archaeological investigations indicate that the church building represents originally the hospital facility for the lay brothers of the monastery, which according to the chronicle of the monastery was built in the beginning of the 14th century.
(2) ), nosological frontiers are still unclear and accordingly justify a comparative serological study of M.M., W.M., and B.M.G.
(3) It was the purpose of the present study to describe the normal pattern of the growth sites of the nasal septum according to age and sex by histological and microradiographical examination of human autopsy material.
(4) 53 outpatients with HIV-infection classified according to the Walter Reed staging system (WR1 to WR6).
(5) A statement from the company said it had assigned all its assets for the benefit of creditors, in accordance with Massachusetts' law.
(6) The patients were classified into two groups according to the presence (n = 166) or absence (n = 176) of documented episodes of atrial fibrillation preoperatively.
(7) According to the finite element analysis, the design bases of fixed restorations applied in the teeth accompanied with the absorption of the alveolar bone were preferred.
(8) According to some reports as many as 30 people were killed in the explosion, although that figure could not be independently confirmed.
(9) More than £26bn was wiped off the value of Britain's top companieson Tuesday, according to FTSE Group.
(10) A 45-year-old mother of four, named as Hediye Sen, was killed during clashes in Cizre, while a 70-year-old died of a heart attack during fighting in Silopi, according to hospital sources.
(11) According to the national bank, four Russian banks were operating in Crimea as of the end of April, but only one of them, Rossiisky National Commercial Bank, was widely represented, with 116 branches in the region.
(12) The pathogenicity of Mycoplasma pneumoniae in atypical pneumonias can be considered confirmed according to the availabile literature; its importance for other inflammatory diseases of the respiratory tract, particularly for chronic bronchitis, is not yet sufficiently clear.
(13) Our results on humoral and cellular components of immunity in dependence of age, according to SENIEUR protocol admission criteria are presented.
(14) Accordingly, when bFGF, complexed to heparin, is treated with pepsin A, an aspartic protease with a broad specificity, only the Leu9-Pro10 peptide bond is cleaved generating the 146-amino acid form.
(15) We studied the effect of low-dose intrathecal morphine (0.00-0.20 mg) on pain relief and the incidence of side effects after cholecystectomy in 139 patients divided into eight groups according to intrathecal morphine dose: groups 1 (0.00 mg), 2 (0.04 mg), 3 (0.06 mg), 4 (0.08 mg), 5 (0.10 mg), 6 (0.12 mg), 7 (0.15 mg), and 8 (0.20 mg).
(16) The authors analyze the biomechanical effectiveness of pelvic osteotomy according to the Chiari method.
(17) And, according to a letter leaked to the BBC last week , he reckons he has found one: default-on.
(18) On the assumption of a distribution in properties of the suspension according to the theory of Bruggeman, the capacitance is calculated to have a value of about one half this.5.
(19) According to the experience of clinical trials the recommended ciprofloxacin dose varies between 100 and 500 mg b.i.d.
(20) According to the OFT, banks receive up to £3.5bn a year in unauthorised overdraft fees - nearly £10m a day.
(adv.) By consequence; by natural or logical sequence or connection.
(1) It was found that the skeletal muscle enzyme of the chick embryo is independent of the presence of creatine and consequently is another constitutive enzyme like the creatine kinase of the early embryonic chick heart.
(2) This may have significant consequences for people’s health.” However, Prof Peter Weissberg, medical director of the British Heart Foundation, which funded the work, said medical journals could no longer be relied on to be unbiased.
(3) As a consequence, similar response curves were obtained for urine specimens containing morphine or barbiturates.
(4) The observed relationship between prorenin and renin substrate concentrations might be a consequence of their regulation by common factors.
(5) Also we found that the lipid deposition in the glomeruli of patients with Alagille syndrome is related to an abnormal lipid metabolism, which is the consequence of severe cholestasis.
(6) The origins of aging of higher forms of life, particularly humans, is presented as the consequence of an evolved balance between 4 specific kinds of dysfunction-producing events and 4 kinds of evolved counteracting effects in long-lived forms.
(7) To clarify the functional roles of His40, Glu58, and His92, we analyzed the consequences of several amino acid substitutions (His40Ala, His40Lys, His40Asp, Glu58Ala, Glu58Gln, and His92Gln) on the kinetics of GpC transesterification.
(8) Consequently, the present data indicate that training-induced changes in the CS-evoked activity of PFCm cells are significantly related to aversively conditioned bradycardia in rabbits.
(9) It is concluded that TRH is a specific activator of enteric excitatory pathways and that duodenal inhibition seen in control animals is a consequence of gastro-duodenal inhibitory reflexes.
(10) These findings may not indicate a redistribution of renal blood flow through resistance changes in specific parts of the renal vasculature but may represent the consequences of focal cortical ischaemia, most prominent in the outer cortex.
(11) The patoc antigens types reacted with the control group in 7.24, 86.95 and 84.05% of the samples, and consequently were eliminated from the present study.
(12) This study describes the consequences of acute prostaglandin synthesis inhibition on the hemodynamic effects of nitroglycerin in patients with stable angina pectoris.
(13) Consequently, it is important to predict accurately dose for such fields to ensure adequate coverage of the target region and sparing of healthy tissues.
(14) In electrophysiological studies with neurons of Lymnaea stagnalis, THA inhibited the slow outward K+ current and consequently increased the duration of the action potentials.
(15) The following model is suggested: exogenous ATP interacts with a membrane receptor in the presence of Ca2+, a cascade of events occurs which mobilizes intracellular calcium, thereby increasing the cytosolic free Ca2+ concentration which consequently opens the calcium-activated K+ channels, which then leads to a change in membrane potential.
(16) Interphase death thus involves a discrete, abrupt transition from the normal state and is not merely the consequence of progressive and degenerative changes.
(17) In one case an infection of the axillary region developed, which disappeared after removal of the catheter without any consequences.
(18) This is interpreted to be a consequence of the adsorption of Ca2+ on the vesicle bilayers.
(19) Conservatively treated compressed fractures of the distal radius dorsal metaphysis healed despite primarily good reduction and consequent treatment with a decrease in dorsal length.
(20) The authors discuss the results of the diagnosis and treatment of abscesses of the right hepatic lobe which were consequent upon ischemic necrosis; they were encountered after cholecystectomy in 0.15% of cases.