(1) Astrocyte conditioned medium (ACM) enhanced the survival of neurons and the proliferation of astrocytes in embryonic cortical cultures grown in serum-free defined medium.
(2) Race 4 transconjugants containing avrB0 induced a dark brown necrotic HR within 24 h on the soybean cultivars Harosoy and Norchief, whereas race 4 transconjugants containing avrC induced a light brown necrotic HR within 48 h on the soybean cultivars Acme, Peking, Norchief, and Flambeau.
(3) Posterior fossa decompression with obex plugging (the Gardner operation) was the procedure of choice for SM-ACM and for idiopathic holocord syringomyelia.
(4) A variety of protected peptides up to tetradecapeptides have been chromatographed at pressures of 50 to 150 psi and obtained in analytically pure from within 2 to 4 h. With such commonly used protecting groups as N-benzyloxycarbonyl (Z), N-2-(p-biphenylyl)-2-propyloxycarbonyl (Bpoc), N-t-butyloxycarbonyl (Boc), O- and S-t-butyl (But), and S-acetamidomethyl (Acm), compounds were sufficiently soluble in chloroform, alcohols, acetic acid, or mixtures of these solvents for column loading.
(5) Material was fixed in buffered-formalin solution and embedded in metacrylate or Durcupan ACM.
(6) In a phase I-II study, 19 patients with acute lymphoid leukemia (ALL) and 8 patients with non-Hodgkin lymphoma (NHL) were given ACM alone according to the regimen designated treatment 1 described above.
(7) The lack of significant abnormalities in post-ictal polysomnograms corresponds to a functional integrity of the brainstem structures involved in the global organization of sleep and may represent a useful laboratory feature in the diagnosis of ACM.
(8) Proliferation of CFU-acm can be controlled by humoral factors and this allows us to conclude that they are not identical to CFUs and probably belong to the compartment of early hemopoietic cells of the granulocyte series.
(9) Sequential studies of the self-limited HgCl2 GN showed that glomerular PCA, proteinuria and glomerular fibrin deposits peaked concomitantly at the acme of the disease, suggesting that immunologically mediated glomerular damage had triggered the extrinsic coagulation pathway.
(10) The ACMS said the mining industry ads ignored the impacts of industrialisation, which it called “the fastest growing threat to the reef”.
(11) Conversely, the exposure of cells to the anthracycline compounds at 0 degree C resulted in almost complete disappearance of cell kill effects except with ACM; ACM retained substantial cell kill effects even at the given low temperature.
(12) With the MM cells, hyperthermia potentiated the cytotoxic effects of doxorubicin (ADM), daunorubicin, mitoxantrone (DHAD), and quelamycin but did not enhance that of aclacinomycin (ACM).
(13) These data lead us to conclude that ACM-DOX association partly reverses the DOX resistance at clinically achievable concentrations.
(14) The significance of these observations was discussed in terms of possible interactions at the level of ACM and CAF biotransformation and the potential for interactions of CAF with other xenobiotics.
(15) That triumphal speech was his apex, the acme, the zenith of his career.
(16) The therapeutic value of these compounds for established ACME remains uncertain.
(17) The structural basis of this bleeding disorder has been further assessed by studying the interaction of the following Val(12)-substituted human fibrinogen-like peptides with bovine thrombin in aqueous solution by use of two-dimensional NMR spectroscopy (including TRNOE): Ala-Asp-Ser-Gly-Glu-Gly-Asp(7)-Phe-Leu-Ala- Glu-Val(12)-Gly-Gly-Val-Arg(16)-Gly(17)-Pro-Arg-Val-NH2 (F16), Ala-Asp-Ser-Gly-Glu-Gly-Asp(7)-Phe-Leu-Ala-Glu-Val(12)-Gly-Gly-Val- Arg(16) (tF16), Ala-Asp-Ser-Gly-Glu-Cys(Acm)-Asp(7)-Phe-Leu-Ala-Glu-Val(12)-Gly-Gly-Val- Arg(16)-Gly(17)-Pro-Arg-Val-Cys(Acm)-NH2 (F17), and Ala-Asp-Ser-Gly-Glu-Cys(Acm)-Asp(7)-Phe-Leu-Ala-Glu-Val(12)-Gly-Gly- Val-Arg(16) (tF17).
(18) A sensitive enzyme immunoassay method (EIA) for an anticancer drug, aclacinomycin A (ACM), has been developed.
(19) A comparison of the ACM aa sequence with the aa sequences of other proteins in the NBRF data base reveals that ACM has strong similarity to the N-O-diacetylmuramidase secreted by the fungus Chalaropsis.
(20) None of the 8 patients suffering from ovarial cancer benefitted from ACM therapy.
(n.) A pustular affection of the skin, due to changes in the sebaceous glands.
(1) In both cases there was no history of previous trauma and acne.
(2) The mean acne scores, derived from grading and counting lesions and comedones, fell from 63.3 to 6 in the Diane 50 and from 64.2 to 4.5 in the Triphasil group.
(3) However, in GF rats and in rats monoassociated with viable P. acnes, parenteral injection of killed P. acnes antigen inhibited the plaque-forming cell response to sheep erythrocytes.
(4) In deep forms of acne, particularly acne conglobata, Akne-Mycyna may be a valuable supplementation of systemic treatment.
(5) A water based 5% benzoyl peroxide gel (Benzac W5) was compared with topical 1% clindamycin phosphate solution (Cleocin T) in the treatment of acne vulgaris using a randomized, investigator blind study design.
(6) A questionnaire was presented to 2009 18--19 year old military recruitment candidates which enabled assessment of antipathy towards patients with severe acne vulgaris, the occupational handicap associated with severe acne and subjective inhibitions in acne patients.
(7) Clinical severity of acne and sebum excretion decreased significantly at the end of the trial with both drugs, but significantly more with spironolactone.
(8) When we only considered the patients' responses, more of them admitted having had acne than did our controls.
(9) Clindamycin lotion completely suppressed the growth of C acnes organisms, whereas erythromycin and tetracycline did not depress the C acnes counts.
(10) Thirty patients of either sex (23 M, 7 F) ranging in age between 16 and 36 years, affected of acne vulgaris, were given 20% azelaic acid cream over a period of 6 months.
(11) PEC were then collected from mice into which either 100 micrograms of P. acnes or 1 KE of OK-432 had been injected intraperitoneally several times.
(12) Isotretinoin (Accutane Capsules) is a synthetic vitamin A compound used for treatment of recalcitrant cystic acne.
(13) Furthermore, when rats were first immunized and then challenged with active strains of P. acnes, an increased sensitivity to low doses of P. acnes and a chronic exacerbation of inflammation was observed.
(14) All stages were present from acne comedonica to acne conglobata.
(15) The aim of this work is to investigate the anti-comedo activity of 20% azelaic acid cream topically applied in a group of teen-agers affected by acne.
(16) Therefore the prevalence of acne conglobata and acne of at least a moderate degree with cysts and scars was 832,000 for women and 1,319,000 for men 15 to 44 years of age.
(17) Macrophages elicited with thioglycollate and P. acnes displayed enhanced Fn secretory activity when compared with resident unstimulated cells.
(18) Continuous culture studies using a chemostat and varying culture pH showed that highest levels of growth of P. acnes occurred at pH 6.0 and that two clear 'peaks' of histamine production were apparent at pH 4.5 and at pH 7.5.
(19) Skin impurities and fatty hair associated with acne were side effects in 22.5% of 378 patients during the first evaluation and in 10.8% of 369 patients at the second evaluation.
(20) Within 2 months following birth the infants had facial acne and edema, swelling of the eyelids, loss of facial hair including eyelashes, and hyperpigmentation of the skin.