(n.) A pustular affection of the skin, due to changes in the sebaceous glands.
(1) In both cases there was no history of previous trauma and acne.
(2) The mean acne scores, derived from grading and counting lesions and comedones, fell from 63.3 to 6 in the Diane 50 and from 64.2 to 4.5 in the Triphasil group.
(3) However, in GF rats and in rats monoassociated with viable P. acnes, parenteral injection of killed P. acnes antigen inhibited the plaque-forming cell response to sheep erythrocytes.
(4) In deep forms of acne, particularly acne conglobata, Akne-Mycyna may be a valuable supplementation of systemic treatment.
(5) A water based 5% benzoyl peroxide gel (Benzac W5) was compared with topical 1% clindamycin phosphate solution (Cleocin T) in the treatment of acne vulgaris using a randomized, investigator blind study design.
(6) A questionnaire was presented to 2009 18--19 year old military recruitment candidates which enabled assessment of antipathy towards patients with severe acne vulgaris, the occupational handicap associated with severe acne and subjective inhibitions in acne patients.
(7) Clinical severity of acne and sebum excretion decreased significantly at the end of the trial with both drugs, but significantly more with spironolactone.
(8) When we only considered the patients' responses, more of them admitted having had acne than did our controls.
(9) Clindamycin lotion completely suppressed the growth of C acnes organisms, whereas erythromycin and tetracycline did not depress the C acnes counts.
(10) Thirty patients of either sex (23 M, 7 F) ranging in age between 16 and 36 years, affected of acne vulgaris, were given 20% azelaic acid cream over a period of 6 months.
(11) PEC were then collected from mice into which either 100 micrograms of P. acnes or 1 KE of OK-432 had been injected intraperitoneally several times.
(12) Isotretinoin (Accutane Capsules) is a synthetic vitamin A compound used for treatment of recalcitrant cystic acne.
(13) Furthermore, when rats were first immunized and then challenged with active strains of P. acnes, an increased sensitivity to low doses of P. acnes and a chronic exacerbation of inflammation was observed.
(14) All stages were present from acne comedonica to acne conglobata.
(15) The aim of this work is to investigate the anti-comedo activity of 20% azelaic acid cream topically applied in a group of teen-agers affected by acne.
(16) Therefore the prevalence of acne conglobata and acne of at least a moderate degree with cysts and scars was 832,000 for women and 1,319,000 for men 15 to 44 years of age.
(17) Macrophages elicited with thioglycollate and P. acnes displayed enhanced Fn secretory activity when compared with resident unstimulated cells.
(18) Continuous culture studies using a chemostat and varying culture pH showed that highest levels of growth of P. acnes occurred at pH 6.0 and that two clear 'peaks' of histamine production were apparent at pH 4.5 and at pH 7.5.
(19) Skin impurities and fatty hair associated with acne were side effects in 22.5% of 378 patients during the first evaluation and in 10.8% of 369 patients at the second evaluation.
(20) Within 2 months following birth the infants had facial acne and edema, swelling of the eyelids, loss of facial hair including eyelashes, and hyperpigmentation of the skin.
(p. pr. & vb. n.) of Cleanse
(1) The consequences for Syria have been multiple massacres, ethnic cleansing, torture, a humanitarian crisis and the risk of the country's breakup.
(2) Colonic cleansing was better with polyethylene glycol electrolyte lavage (90 percent optimal cleansing vs. 75 percent).
(3) In a cross-sectional study of 144 slaughterhouse workers, a cumulative prevalence of current and anamnestic cases of protein contact dermatitis of 22% was found, with the highest prevalence in workers eviscerating and cleansing gut.
(4) It is assumed that one function of grooming behaviour may be a merely cleansing one.
(5) The need to reappraise methods of reducing transient skin flora in 'hygienic' hand cleansing and the tests used for this purpose are discussed.
(6) The technique requires only three major steps: (1) decortication limited to the parietal sides of the peel's sac, (2) cleansing the empyemic cavity, and (3) drainage.
(7) The ingestion of Iso-Giuliani represents a safe, effective and well-accepted method of colon cleansing, and is our elective method of preparation for colonoscopy.
(8) Maréchal-Le Pen, who was six months old at the time of the attack, said her grandfather's name was wrongly sullied in Carpentras and never "publicly cleansed", that her election would be "a wink at history".
(9) Prolonged continuous proteolysis (for about 100 hours) of the caseous-necrotic content in an open cavern with the help of the enzyme reduces the term of full cleansing of an open cavern to 7-12 days.
(10) In others (such as the Homs region, where Assad's men have burned the property registry), the strategy looks like a more permanent ethnic cleansing.
(11) It is argued that consent by the patient to reuse dialyzers which have been mechanically cleansed is not required provided adequate standards of practice and safety are utilized.
(12) Decisions about how to cleanse a wound and which dressing to use are often complicated by unexpected changes in the patient's condition, or the sudden occurrence of a wound infection.
(13) It is recommended that incubator humidity is raised for babies under 30 weeks' gestation in the first days of life but meticulous attention should be paid to fluid balance, avoiding overheating, and cleansing of the humidifier reservoir.
(14) The majority of respondents (104 or 51 percent) used cathartics and enemas as the primary method of mechanical bowel cleansing.
(15) Surface hydrophobicity, surface electrokinetic potential and the ability to adhere to nitric-acid cleansed glass surfaces has been assessed throughout the growth, in batch culture, of Escherichia coli and Staphylococcus epidermidis.
(16) Skin type, season, and environmental conditions are factors to be considered when determining a proper cleansing regimen for the face.
(17) Two years ago, the United Nations tried to square the circle of avoiding wars between states while fulfilling its pledges to "us the peoples," by adopting the "right to protect", setting out the principle of humanitarian intervention in the case of "national authorities manifestly failing to protect their populations from genocide, war crimes, ethnic cleansing and crimes against humanity".
(18) The same brushes were then compared against each other for their ability to remove artificial plaque in models of interproximal and facial surface cleansing effectiveness.
(19) They were then rebonded to the cleansed tooth surface and again subjected to a bond strength test.
(20) It was shown that collocyl as well as trypsin modified gauze and kapron accelerated cleansing the wounds of nonviable tissues, decreased their infectivity, reduced intoxication of the organism and improved the course of the wound process.