What's the difference between affectingly and touchingly?
(adv.) In an affecting manner; is a manner to excite emotions.
(1) The urinary excretion of PGF2 alpha was not affected by atenolol.
(2) Age difference did not affect the mean dose-effect response.
(3) Thirteen patients with bipolar affective illness who had received lithium therapy for 1-5 years were tested retrospectively for evidence of cortical dysfunction.
(4) alpha 1-Adrenergic agonists, phenylephrine and norfenefrine, did not affect the synthesis.
(5) Coronary arteritis has to be considered as a possible etiology of ischemic symptoms also in subjects who appear affected by typical atherosclerotic ischemic heart disease.
(6) A progressively more precise approach to identifying affected individuals involves measuring body weight and height, then energy intake (or expenditure) and finally the basal metabolic rate (BMR).
(7) Serum samples from 23 families, including a total of 48 affected children, were tested for a set of "classical markers."
(8) This article describes a number of syndromes affecting the nail unit.
(9) We conclude that the SHBG concentration strongly affects this estimation.
(10) When perfusion of the affected lung was less than one-third of the total the tumour was found to be unresectable.
(11) We postulate that FAA may affect the human peripheral and mucosal immune system.
(12) These results suggest that the pelvic floor is affected by progressive denervation but descent during straining tends to decrease with advancing age.
(13) The statistical T value calculated for the LP-TAE group showed that the administration of LP, the tumor size, intrahepatic metastasis, portal vein infiltration, and serum total bilirubin and alpha-fetoprotein levels significantly (P < 0.01) affected the patients' survival.
(14) "We have a good reputation, so this won't affect us at all.
(15) Extensive studies during recent years have shown that the interaction between hormone and membrane-bound receptor can affect the receptor characteristics in at least two ways.
(16) The correlates of three characteristics of familial networks (i.e., residential proximity, family affection, and family contact) were examined among a national sample of older Black Americans.
(17) It was concluded that the significant factors affecting outcome are tumor cell type and presence or absence or mitoses.
(18) The specific activities of extracts from cells grown under phototrophic and aerobic conditions were similar and not affected by the concentration of iron in the growth media.
(19) Periodontal diseases are a collection of disorders that may affect patients throughout life.
(20) The pH gradient measured with dimethyloxazolidine-2,4-dione and acetylsalicylic acid was very small in both bacteria at a high pH above 8, and was not affected significantly by the addition of CCCP.