(n.) An extended ridge of sand, gravel, and bowlders, in a half-stratified condition.
(1) You can also enjoy the gorge from the Pine Creek Rail Trail : a 62-mile biking and horseback riding path that runs from the town of Jersey Shore in the south to Stokesdale in the north, passing through the heart of the gorge in the middle.
(2) Police, some on horseback, began to gain control of a 200-metre stretch of the high road by around midnight, allowing fire-engines to tackle the raging fires.
(3) Other attempts to boost his image as a tough man of action have included photos of him hunting, arm wrestling, riding horseback and fitting a collar to a tranquilised polar bear.
(4) Police charged the 1,000-strong group on horseback.
(5) Photograph: Dan Chung These days travellers along the route come by bus or plane rather than camel or horseback; laden with cameras rather than goods.
(6) Soldiers on horseback charged into the crowd, and water cannon were used in an attempt to push back the protesters.
(7) The Sudanese government responded by unleashing the janjaweed (Arabic for devil on horseback) militia on the rebels.
(8) In March, up to 400 elephants were killed in a few hours in a park in Cameroon by a Sudanese gang on horseback bearing machine guns .
(9) The point is profit.” It easy to laugh at some of the creations, and some will surely travel to the city just to see the hilariously clumsy statues of painters wielding paintbrushes, large-breasted maidens, and the dozens of rugged warriors on horseback.
(10) To sceptics, he was an opportunist prone to gimmicks – such as the attractive policewomen who paraded around Dalian on horseback when he ran the city.
(11) This report summarizes a study by the North Carolina Office of the Chief Medical Examiner (OCME) to characterize all horseback-riding-associated deaths during 1979-1989 and to determine what proportion of riders had used alcohol before death.
(12) Officers were making extra patrols on foot, in vehicles, on bicycles and on horseback.
(13) The article surveys some of the scientific fundamentals of hippo- and riding therapy, and its methods using the characteristic horseback three dimensional rhythmic movement impulses for its therapeutic values, particularly in cerebral palsy.
(14) At Thursday's MPA meeting, Joanne McCartney, a MPA member, pressed Stephenson to clarify the situation over the horseback charge by officers.
(15) In our family, one of the more “liberal” in our church, we were usually allowed to wear pants at home (when we weren’t around other ATI families and for activities like horseback riding), but jeans were strictly forbidden.
(16) After one lieutenant was doused in water from a bottle hurled from the crowd, five officers on horseback arrived from behind the station and positioned themselves around five yards from the police front line.
(17) Charles I had good reason to be grateful to his favourite portraitist who, in paintings such as a famous barn door-sized image of the king in armour on horseback, made his diminutive form into a towering emblem of wisdom and majesty.
(18) About 3,000 officers will be on duty, with another 120 on horseback.
(19) An easygoing ride on horseback is the best way to take in the scenery and, within a couple of hours, I'm beginning to get used to Tango and his ways.
(20) Only about 200 Pegida supporters were present in the Dutch city, outnumbered by police and leftwing demonstrators who shouted: “Refugees are welcome, fascists are not.” Dutch riot police detained several people as officers on horseback intervened to separate the two groups.