(1) Both Types I and II collagen are important constituents of the affected tissues, and thus defective collagens are reasonable candidates for the primary abnormality in adolescent idiopathic scoliosis (AIS).
(2) AIS treatment lowered serum insulin levels, serum triglyceride levels, caloric intake, weight gain, liver weight, acetate 14C incorporation into cholesterol 14C, and the percentage of liver lipid that was cholesterol.
(3) Both Apo AI (48%) and Apo AII (5.5%) were greatly diminished and Apo E was present in remarkably high amounts (39%) with two additional isoforms (Apo E'1 and Apo E'2).
(4) An enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay (ELISA) was developed for detecting antibody to type A avian influenza (AI) virus.
(5) In order to determine which second-messenger pathways mediate NE induction of TIS gene expression, the influences of the beta(B) antagonist propranolol (PR), the alpha I(AI) antagonist prazosin (PZ), and the alpha 2(A2) antagonist yohimbine (YB) were examined.
(6) China's best-known artist Ai Weiwei has been detained at Beijing airport this morning and police have surrounded his studio in the capital.
(7) The PvuII-CIII and PvuII-AIV polymorphisms were both associated with differences in apo AI levels, explaining 3.7%-5.7% of the sample variance.
(8) The standard deviations were greatest when the AI was near 50% and least when the AI was near 0% or 100%.
(9) The potential benefits [of AI research] are huge, since everything that civilisation has to offer is a product of human intelligence; we cannot predict what we might achieve when this intelligence is magnified by the tools AI may provide, but the eradication of disease and poverty are not unfathomable,” the letter reads.
(10) DSP was increased at all three levels in both AI and AIFPoSx groups.
(11) Although the crystallite widths were similar in both AI and normal enamel, the AI teeth showed areas where the crystallite order and continuity appeared disrupted.
(12) Computer says no: Amazon uses AI to combat fake reviews Read more “Imagine as the CEO of a major company you go off and spend £100m on gathering data,” Hammond says.
(13) The assay of lipid composition in red blood cells of 51 patients with iron-deficiency anemia (IDA) was conducted with the use of horizontal thin-layer chromatography, and the state of the end blood flow was studied with the ai of conjunctival biomicroscopy.
(14) These findings suggest that there is convergent, ipsilateral input onto AII from every layer in AI, and from other cortical auditory and non-auditory areas.
(15) Only biochemically determined cortical bone AI was not significantly related to basal serum AI.
(16) Moreover the fertility levels of unaffected siblings observed in other studies either matched or were below those of AIs.
(17) Several morphologically distinct types of neurons, located in laminae III through VI, were retrogradely labeled following injections of HRP into the opposite AI.
(18) AlphaGo: beating humans is one thing but to really succeed AI must work with them Read more The amazing thing is how quickly it’s happening.
(19) An increase in the proportion of the high-density lipoprotein 2 subfraction, however, was suggested by significant increases in the ratios of high-density lipoprotein 2 to high-density lipoprotein 3 cholesterol and apolipoprotein AI.
(20) As determined by calculations of the index of reproduction (IR), the 0.007 and 0.01% (AI) cyhalothrin provided 92.4 and 97.3% control, respectively; the 0.005, 0.007, and 0.01% (AI) lambdacyhalothrin provided 92.4, 98.2 (average of two treatments) and 99.3% control, respectively; and the lambdacyhalothrin pour-on treatment provided < 50% control.
(n.) A colloquial abbreviation of Sister.
(n.) Six. See Sise.
(1) Chromatographic separation revealed that the bulk (85%) of the mitogenic activity in SSV-transformed NRK cells was not due to p28v-sis but rather two distinct endothelial cell growth factors that eluted off heparin-Sepharose between 1 and 2 M NaCl.
(2) To get an insight into the nature of variant Ph translocations and the process of their formation, we examined the localization of the c-abl and c-sis oncogenes and the breakpoint cluster region (bcr) gene by chromosomal in situ hybridization in ten variant Ph translocations of CML including five simple and five complex ones as initially interpreted.
(3) Loss of a c-sis allele (allele I in all cases) was observed in 6 out of 10 tumors from heterozygous patients.
(4) Cells transformed by v-sis produce a platelet-derived growth factor-related molecule which is able to stimulate the platelet-derived growth factor receptor in an autocrine fashion.
(5) The v-sis oncogene of simian sarcoma virus (SSV) is a retroviral version of the PDGF B chain gene and SSV-transformation is mediated by an autocrine PDGF-like growth factor.
(6) Messenger RNA levels for v-sis were induced by tension in intact but not denuded vessels.
(7) In both loci, similar unique genetic sequences were found upstream of the v-sis homologous region and these hybridized to a 4.2 kbp c-sis transcript in human lung tumor cells.
(8) First, we investigated the expression of c-sis protooncogenes within cultured human glioma cell lines and also fresh glioma specimens by using polymerase chain reaction.
(9) The v-sis gene encodes chain B of platelet-derived growth factor.
(10) However, in tissue adjacent to 5 different tumors, approximately the same level of c-sis mRNA was seen.
(11) c-sis mRNA levels diminished with increased time of infection.
(12) For example, platelet-derived growth factor (PDGF) has been found in many normal tissues including the CNS, while minor changes in one of its forms (PDGF-B) converts it to the v-sis oncogene, capable of inducing sarcomas and astrocytomas in primates.
(13) SIS SVB was performed to a variety of vessel combinations using "Y" graft, continuous, or vein extension techniques achieving early patency in all limbs, despite pedal arch disease.
(14) Radiolabeled recombinant PDGF (c-sis) dissociated from Heparin-Sepharose within a concentration range of NaCl similar to that of RF I.
(15) increased cell size, reduced growth rate, megakaryocytic antigens, and expression of the sis proto-oncogene, the structural gene for the B-chain of platelet-derived growth factor.
(16) In human malignant mesothelioma cell lines elevated expression of the platelet-derived growth factor (PDGF) beta-chain (c-sis) gene was previously reported, while normal mesothelial cells barely express this gene.
(17) The same temporal dissociation was observed when a recombinant v-sis product was used instead of porcine PDGF.
(18) Reduced function of runt results in female-specific lethality and sexual transformation of XX animals that are heterozygous for Sxl or sis loss-of-function mutations.
(19) Several specific related questions are addressed in this discussion: Is the protein encoded by the v-sis gene functionally identical to PDGF?
(20) This suggests that H-ras is less efficient in relieving the insulin requirement than is sis.