What's the difference between allowably and permissibly?
(adv.) In an allowable manner.
(1) To examine the central nervous system regulation of duodenal bicarbonate secretion, an animal model was developed that allowed cerebroventricular and intravenous injections as well as collection of duodenal perfusates in awake, freely moving rats.
(2) Senator Bernie Sanders of Vermont, who is also seeking the Democratic presidential nomination, recently proposed a bill that would ease the financial burden of prescription drugs on elderly Americans by allowing Medicare, the national social health insurance program, to negotiate with the pharmaceutical companies to keep prices down.
(3) Finally the advanced automation of the equipment allowed weekly the evaluation of catecholamines and the whole range of their known metabolites in 36 urine samples.
(4) At the heart of the payday loan profit bonanza is the "continuous payment authority" (CPA) agreement, which allows lenders to access customer bank accounts to retrieve funds.
(5) A chronic cannulation procedure is described which allows for sampling vomeronasal organ (VNO) contents repeatedly in freely moving conscious subjects.
(6) In the measurement, enzyme-labeled and unlabeled antigens (Ag* and Ag) were allowed to compete in binding to the antibody (Ab) under conditions where Ag* much less than Ab much less than Ag.
(7) "At the same time, however, we cannot allow one man's untrue version of what happened to stand unchallenged," he said.
(8) The hprt T-cell cloning assay allows the detection of mutations occurring in vivo in the hypoxanthine-guanine phosphoribosyltransferase (hprt) gene of T-lymphocytes.
(9) The presently available data allow us to draw the following conclusions: 1) G proteins play a mediatory role in the transmission of the signal(s) generated upon receptor occupancy that leads to the observed cytoskeletal changes.
(10) Meanwhile, reductions in tax allowances on dividends for company shareholders from £5,000 down to £2,000 represent another dent to the incomes of many business owners.
(11) Sewel is also recorded complaining about the level of appearance allowances at the House of Lords .
(12) Human gingival fibroblasts were allowed to attach and spread on bio-glasses for 1-72 h. Unreactive silica glass and cell culture polystyrene served as controls.
(13) Writing in the Observer , Schmidt said his company's accounts were complicated but complied with international taxation treaties that allowed it to pay most of its tax in the United States.
(14) Madrid now hopes that a growing clamour for future rescues of Europe's banks to be done directly, without money going via governments, may still allow it to avoid accepting loans that would add to an already fast-growing national debt.
(15) This mobilization procedure allowed transfer and expression of pJT1 Ag+ resistance in E. coli C600.
(16) As increases to the Isa allowance are based on the CPI inflation figure for the year to the previous September, the new data suggests the current Isa limit of £15,240 will remain unchanged next year.
(17) This experimental system allows separation of three B lymphocyte developmental stages: early differentiation in vitro, progression to IgM secretion in vivo, and late differentiation dependent upon mature T lymphocytes in vivo.
(18) There is precedent in Islamic law for saving the life of the mother where there is a clear choice of allowing either the fetus or the mother to survive.
(19) Subthreshold concentrations of the drug to induce complete blockade (5 x 10(-8)M) allowed to observe a greater depression of bioelectric cell characteristics in primary than in transitional fibres.
(20) One hundred and ninety-nine children aged 7-14 and 177 adolescents in remission and minimal manifestations of rheumatoid arthritis (RA) were examined before and after fangotherapy with allowance for activity of the process, age-related reactivity.