(1) According to histopathologic aspect the patients were divided into two groups: I--with active lymphocytic myocarditis (ALM); II--without ALM: 51 patients.
(2) The recent proposal that acral lentiginous melanoma (ALM) is a distinct clinico-histological entity, however, is more difficult to accept.
(3) The presence of helminthic invasion of the liver--opisthordiasis resulted in hepatitis, pancreatitis that would not respond to therapy in patients with ALMS.
(4) 'If you meet, you drink …' Thus introduced to intoxicating liquors under auspices both secular and sacred, the offering of alms for oblivion I took to be the custom of the country in which I had been born.
(5) However, the degree of heterogeneity of HMW-MAA within a positive primary ALM lesion, as measured by the percentage of stained melanoma cells, is lower than that of Mr 97,000 MAA and GD3.
(6) The computer-derived unidirectional flux coefficients were in keeping with active ALM transport and passive, carrier-mediated LM transport.
(7) Michaelis constants and maximal velocities measured at 33 degrees C, for UK and ins-UK, were identical when ALMe was used, but slightly different with AGLMe.
(8) Further characterization of the ALM is warranted in an effort to explain the enhancement of the bactericidal capacity of alveolar macrophages by most, but not all, H-ALM tested.
(9) These antigenic differences do not reflect an antigenic paucity of ALM cells, since ALM lesions express a higher level of T4-tyrosinase than NM lesions and a level of HLA Class I antigens similar to that of NM lesions.
(10) Since protein-bound AGEs recognized by the antibodies were labile to acid hydrolysis, the antibodies were further characterized by using the AGE-alpha-acetyl-L-lysine methyl ester (AGE-ALME) with a brown and fluorescent property as well as the AGE-proteins.
(11) This doses of Alm did not cause significant vasoconstriction during normoxic gas ventilation compared with malic acid.
(12) Responses to angiotensin II were not decreased by Alm.
(13) In addition, we discussed ALM precancerous lesions called plantar premalignant melanosis, which consist of B- and C-phases only.
(14) Pigment formed by alm-1 microsclerotia from (+)-scytalone had chemical and physical properties identical with those of melanin in the wild-type fungus.
(15) There was no difference in the uptake of the bacteria by PAM when ALM was present.
(16) Previous reports indicate that the in vitro bactericidal activity of rat alveolar macrophages (AM) is dependent on the lipid fraction (ALM-L) of the alveolar lining material (ALM).
(17) Ventilation was not affected by ALM during air breathing and was slightly, although not significantly, increased during hypoxic rest and exercise.
(18) The differences between our results and those of earlier studies using ALM from rats may relate to interspecies differences in the composition of ALM.
(19) ALM does not make detectable levels of late viral proteins and is minimally 200-fold depressed in the accumulation of cytoplasmic polyadenylated late RNA.
(20) On the other hand, the survival of patients with ALM was inversely correlated with the expression of intercellular adhesion molecule 1 or HMW-MAA in their primary lesions.
(n.) The wood of the agalloch.
(n.) A genus of succulent plants, some classed as trees, others as shrubs, but the greater number having the habit and appearance of evergreen herbaceous plants; from some of which are prepared articles for medicine and the arts. They are natives of warm countries.
(n.) The inspissated juice of several species of aloe, used as a purgative.
(1) A definite difference in plaque consistency was alos observed.
(2) Inactivation of G-protein as measured by PDE turnoff and dissociation signal recovery is found to be faster at higher than lower [GTP], consistent with the observation that the higher GTPase activity associated with the higher Km alos resides in the G-protein.
(3) We have used 2-(beta-(3-125iodo-4-hydroxyphenyl)-ethylaminoethyl)-tetr alo ne ([125I]HEAT or BE2254), an alpha 1-selective antagonist, and [3H]yohimbine, an alpha 2-selective antagonist, to demonstrate and characterize binding sites in basolateral membranes from rat kidney cortex.
(4) Patients undergoing dermabrasion or chemical peel procedures should be cautioned specifically against the use of aloe vera or vitamin E topically in the first weeks after surgery.
(5) The mechanism of action of aloe-emodin-9-anthrone, a decomposition product of barbaloin, in causing a significant increase in the water content of the rat large intestine, was investigated.
(6) It is the author's opinion that much of the macrotrauma is alos related to the biomechanical parameters of the foot type and lower leg function, indirectly or directly contributing to the mechanism of injury.
(7) The bacterium grew in PYF broth containing barbaloin and converted barbaloin to aloe-emodin anthrone.
(8) These antagonists alos reduced concentration dependently the near-maximal amylase response to bombesin, the concentration required for 50% reduction (IC50) being about 10(-7) M for RC-3095 and RC-3100 and 10(-6) M for RC-3120.
(9) At 2.3 h after oral administration of sennoside C, nearly equimolar amounts of aloe-emodin anthrone and rhein anthrone were detected in the large intestine of mice.
(10) Aloe vera preparations were evaluated for topical anti-inflammatory activity using the croton oil-induced edema assay.
(11) The tumoricidal activity was dependent on the dose of mitomycin C injected and it was alos detectable against allogeneic and xenogeneic tumor target cells.
(12) The results showed that tolbutamide and studied plants (except Aloe barbadensis) decreased significantly (p less than 0.05) the area under glucose tolerance curve, in relation with the water control.
(13) ALO 2145 appears to be effective in eliminating large, acute IOP elevations after argon laser trabeculoplasty.
(14) No antigenic relationship was found between ALO and Aerococcus viridans (NCTC 8251) in crossed immunoelectrophoretic assay.
(15) The total effective sGPT-lowering rate of Aloe injection on 38 patients of chronic hepatitis with positive HBsAg was 86.8%.
(16) The following agents were applied daily for a period of 27 days: scarlet red ointment, benzoyl peroxide lotion, bacitracin ointment, silver sulfadiazine cream, aloe vera gel, tretinoin cream, capsaicin cream, and mupirocin ointment.
(17) And when I got sunburnt, Roberto cut a fresh leaf of aloe vera for its soothing gel.
(18) Several biologically active substances, such as aloenin (1), magnesium lactate, aloe-emodin (4), barbaloin (5), and succinic acid, were found to be contained in the leaf juice of Aloe arborescens Mill.
(19) The intracanial and spinal subarachnoid space alos was invaded by disseminated embryonal carcinoma.
(20) ALO 2145 1% was shown to be effective and well tolerated in the dosage regimen employed in this study.