(adv.) By the length; in a line with the length; lengthwise.
(adv.) In a line, or with a progressive motion; onward; forward.
(adv.) In company; together.
(prep.) By the length of, as distinguished from across.
() (Now heard only in the prep. phrase along of.)
(1) Arterial compliance of great vessels can be studied through the Doppler evaluation of pulsed wave velocity along the arterial tree.
(2) It is supposed that delta-sleep peptide along with other oligopeptides is one of the factors determining individual animal resistance to emotional stress, which is supported by significant delta-sleep peptide increase in hypothalamus in stable rats.
(3) A modification of Mason's vertical banded gastroplasty for morbid obesity is presented, along with experience from 62 treated patients.
(4) Along the spectrum of loyalties lie multiple loyalties and ambiguous loyalties, and the latter, if unresolved, create moral ambiguities.
(5) The aetiological factors concerned in the production of paraumbilical and epigastric hernias have been reviewed along structural--functional lines.
(6) Now, as the Senate takes up a weakened House bill along with the House's strengthened backdoor-proof amendment, it's time to put focus back on sweeping reform.
(7) Then, when he was forgiven, he walked along a moonbeam and said to Ha-Notsri [Hebrew name for Jesus of Nazareth]: “You know, you were right.
(8) The kidney disease was characterized by diffuse beaded deposition of rat gammaglobulin along the glomerular capillaries and proteinuria.
(9) But the Franco-British spat sparked by Dave's rejection of Angela and Nicolas's cunning plan to save the euro has been given wings by news the US credit agencies may soon strip France of its triple-A rating and is coming along very nicely, thank you. "
(10) This is a report concerning a unique combination of Alzheimer's disease with the following refluxes: buccosalivary, gastroesophageal, vesicoureteral, urethroprostatic and urethrovesicular, along with neurogenic bowel and neuropathic bladder.
(11) Of great influence on the results of measurements are preparation and registration (warm-up-time, amplification, closeness of pressure-system, unhurt catheters), factors relating to equipment and methods (air-bubbles in pressure-system, damping by filters, continuous infusion of the micro-catheter, level of zero-pressure), factors which occur during intravital measurement (pressure-drop along the arteria pulmonalis, influence of normal breathing, great intrapleural pressure changes, pressure damping in the catheter by thrombosis and external disturbances) and last not least positive and negative acceleration forces, which influence the diastolic and systolic pulmonary artery pressure.
(12) Fusiform cells were most concentrated along the lateral margin of the subnucleus interpolaris.
(13) Thin layers of carbon (20 microns) and vacuoles (30 microns) suggested a large temperature gradient along the tissue ablation front.
(14) Formation of the functional contour plaster bandage within the limits of the foot along the border of the fissure of the ankle joint with preservation of the contours of the ankles 4-8 weeks after the treatment was started in accordance with the severity of the fractures of the ankles in 95 patients both without (6) and with (89) dislocation of the bone fragments allowed to achieve the bone consolidation of the ankle fragments with recovery of the supportive ability of the extremity in 85 (89.5%) of the patients, after 6-8 weeks (7.2%) in the patients without displacement and after 10-13 weeks (11.3%) with displacement of the bone fragments of the ankles.
(15) These data indicate that the development of HCC in HBV-negative alcoholics with cirrhosis occurs in relation to the development of macronodules and loss of liver weight, most likely along with the prolongation of the life span.
(16) In contrast, newly formed secondary myotubes are short cells which insert solely into the primary myotubes by a series of complex interdigitating folds along which adhering junctions occur.
(17) He was burnt alive along with three customers as flames from the car set his carpet shop ablaze.
(18) These two enzymes may act jointly in filling up the gaps along the DNA molecule and elongating the DNA chain.
(19) Possible mechanisms for this change in nucleosome placement along the DNA are discussed.
(20) In 20 adult patients with asthma, we evaluated bronchodilation to a single administration of metered-dose glycopyrrolate aerosol (GA) to ascertain its onset and duration of action along with evaluation of safety.
(prep.) In the space which separates; betwixt; as, New York is between Boston and Philadelphia.
(prep.) Used in expressing motion from one body or place to another; from one to another of two.
(prep.) Belonging in common to two; shared by both.
(prep.) Belonging to, or participated in by, two, and involving reciprocal action or affecting their mutual relation; as, opposition between science and religion.
(prep.) With relation to two, as involved in an act or attribute of which another is the agent or subject; as, to judge between or to choose between courses; to distinguish between you and me; to mediate between nations.
(prep.) In intermediate relation to, in respect to time, quantity, or degree; as, between nine and ten o'clock.