(adv. & conj.) In addition; besides; as well; further; too.
(adv. & conj.) Even as; as; so.
(1) In April, they said the teenager boarded a flight to Turkey with his friend Hassan Munshi, also 17 at the time.
(2) Results by these three assays were also highly reproducible.
(3) AEDs may also have differential effects on nighttime sleep.
(4) First results let us assume that clinically silent TIAs also (in analogy to clinically silent brain infarctions) could be detected and located.
(5) A former Berlusconi aide, Valter Lavitola, is also on trial for being the alleged intermediary in the bribe.
(6) We also show that proliferation of primary amnion cells is not dependent on a high c-fos expression, suggesting that the function of c-fos is more likely to be associated with other cellular functions in the differentiated amnion cell.
(7) We have determined the genomic structure of the fosB gene and shown that it consists of 4 exons and 3 introns at positions also found in the c-fos gene.
(8) He is also the foremost theorist of the Tijuana-San Diego border in terms of what happens when the urban culture of the developing world collides with that of the developed world.
(9) These studies led to the following conclusions: (a) all the prominent NHP which remain bound to DNA are also present in somewhat similar proportions in the saline-EDTA, Tris, and 0.35 M NaCl washes of nuclei; (b) a protein comigrating with actin is prominent in the first saline-EDTA wash of nuclei, but present as only a minor band in the subsequent washes and on washed chromatin; (c) the presence of nuclear matrix proteins in all the nuclear washes and cytosol indicates that these proteins are distributed throughout the cell; (d) a histone-binding protein (J2) analogous to the HMG1 protein of K. V. Shooter, G.H.
(10) It is suggested that the Japanese may have lower trabecular bone mineral density than Caucasians but may also have a lower threshold for fracture of the vertebrae.
(11) Stimulation is also observed with mixtures of APC expressing DPw3 and APC expressing A1, and likewise, DPw3+ APC become stimulatory when preincubated with supernatants from A1-positive cells.
(12) Glucocorticoids have numerous effects some of which are permissive; steroids are thus important not only for what they do, but also for what they permit or enable other hormones and signal molecules to do.
(13) This death is also dependent on the presence of chloride and is prevented with the non-selective EAA antagonist, kynurenic acid, but is not prevented by QA.
(14) Coronary arteritis has to be considered as a possible etiology of ischemic symptoms also in subjects who appear affected by typical atherosclerotic ischemic heart disease.
(15) In some cervical nodes, a few follicles, lymphocyte clusters, and a well-developed plasmocyte population were also present.
(16) In addition, DDT blocked succinate dehydrogenase and the cytochrome b-c span of the electron transport chain, which also secondarily reduced ATP synthesis.
(17) Lp(a) also complexes to plasmin-fibrinogen digests, and binding increases in proportion to the time of plasmin-induced fibrinogen degradation.
(18) The second amino acid residue influences not only the rate of reaction but also the extent of formation of the product of the Amadori rearrangement, the ketoamine.
(19) King also described how representatives of every country at this month's G7 meeting in Canada seemed to be relying on an export-led recovery to revive their economies.
(20) The planned development (october 1989) is also depicted.
(adv.) Alt. of Beside
(prep.) Over and above; separate or distinct from; in addition to; other than; else than. See Beside, prep., 3, and Syn. under Beside.
(1) In oleate-labeled particles, besides phosphatidic acid the product of PLD action radioactivity was also detected in diglyceride as a result of resident phosphatidate phosphohydrolase, which hydrolyzed the phosphatidic acid.
(2) These observations demonstrate further that other mechanisms for viral entry, besides CD4 binding, must be considered for HIV.
(3) However, in the 'responder' acromegalics, the infusion of DA, besides lowering baseline plasma GH, was capable of reducing the TRH-induced GH rise.
(4) Besides various skin tests with the antigens candida, trichophyton, mumps, streptokinase-streptodornase, tuberculin, DNCB and KLH also in vitro experiments measuring the immunoglobulin- and complement concentrations, the antibody production to KLH, the lymphocyte transformation rate to PHA, Pokeweed, Con A, PPD were done nearly in all patients.
(5) Besides, it showed a high number of plasma cells secreting IgA in the stroma of the 2 tumours, the ultrastructural study performed on the epithelioma also demonstrated some similarities between epitheliomatous cells and epithelial cells of cystadenolymphomas (outlined epidermoid or glandular differentiation, numerous mitochondria).
(6) Besides the 15 cases reported in 1984, 6 additional cases of anti-vWF alloantibodies were reported, i.e., one from Spain (a relative of a previously reported case), two from Venezuela (brother and sister) and three from North Carolina (unrelated patients).
(7) The mosquitoes coming to bite in bedrooms were monitored with light traps set beside untreated bednets.
(8) The results showed that patients with and without GOR disease cannot be separated solely on the basis of the standard manometric test, even adopting more parameters besides the traditional DOS pressure measurement.
(9) His greatest legacy, besides his three children, is the joy and happiness he offered to others, particularly to those fighting personal battles.
(10) Besides the rough, wrinkled, and brown or black surface of the fingertips, microwrinkles of the epidermis occur on the skin ridges, which have so far not been described.
(11) Therefore, additional factors besides hyperinsulinemia per se may be responsible for a major component of obesity-associated hypertension.
(12) Besides, it is possible to consider that "central" benzodiazepine receptors are not homogeneous, and are presented by two populations which fulfil different physiological role.
(13) Besides, one can ses neuroendocrine disorders (hypophyseal nanism, hypogonadism ) and the signs of immunodeficiency.
(14) Considering the construction of the bite, beside the two usual procedures: a direct and indirect method with the different steps of the laboratory, we can realize a mixed one which all the advantages without the defects of both.
(15) These results suggest that besides the maternal leucocytes, sufficient trophoblast nucleated fetal cells can be obtained using cell enrichment by sorting.
(16) The following points should be emphasized: Besides the right proximal blocks, which are more frequent, right distal ones can also be diagnosed by the presence of slurred R wave and delayed onset of the intrinsicoid deflection in only some right leads.
(17) The ordered aspect of the genetic code table makes this result a plausible starting point for studies of the origin and evolution of the genetic code: these could include, besides a more refined optimization principle at the logical level, some effects more directly related to the physico-chemical context, and the construction of realistic models incorporating both aspects.
(18) However, besides these obligatory alterations a high inter- and intraindividual variability of structural aspects is found in MS lesions.
(19) Besides tolerating commercial espionage via hacking, it also allows the hosting of thousands of sites that help spammers rip people off around the world.
(20) Synthetic oligonucleotides were used to construct artificial mitochondrial presequences that contained, besides the initiator methionine, only arginine, serine, and leucine.