(conj.) Grant all this; be it that; supposing that; notwithstanding; though.
(1) Although the mean values for all hemodynamic variables between the two placebo periods were minimally changed, the differences in individual patients were striking.
(2) Although Jeggo's Chinese hamster ovary cells were more responsive to mAMSA, novo still abrogated mAMSA toxicity in the mutant cells as well as in the parental Chinese hamster ovary cells 2,4-Dinitrophenol acted similarly to novo with respect to mAMSA killing, but neither compound reduced the ATP content of V79 cells.
(3) Although measurements are easily obtained with a tape measure, the validity of these measurements is not known.
(4) Ursodeoxycholate was the only dihydroxy bile salt which was able to solubilize phospholipid (although not cholesterol) below the critical micellar concentration.
(5) Although solely nociresponsive neurons are clearly likely to fill a role in the processing and signalling of pain in the conscious central nervous system, the way in which such useful specificity could be conveyed by multireceptive neurons is difficult to appreciate.
(6) Although antihistamines are widely used for symptomatic treatment of seasonal (allergic) rhinitis, the role of histamines in the pathogenesis of infectious rhinitis is not clear.
(7) Historical analysis shows that institutions and special education services spring from common, although not identical, societal and philosophical forces.
(8) Radioligand binding studies revealed the presence of a single class of high-affinity (Kd = 2-6 X 10(-10) M) binding sites for ET-1 in both cells, although the maximal binding capacity of cardiac receptor was about 6- to 12-fold greater than that of vascular receptor.
(9) Although lorazepam and haloperidol produced an equivalent mean decrease in aggression, significantly more subjects who received lorazepam had a greater decrease in aggression ratings than haloperidol recipients; this effect was independent of sedation.
(10) Thus, our study confirmed that male subjects with a history of testicular maldescent have an increased risk for testis cancer, although the magnitude of this risk was lower than suggested previously.
(11) Although MR imaging can accurately show high-grade chondromalacia patellae, it is less accurate in the detection of low-grade disease.
(12) Regression curves indicate that although all three types of pulmonary edema can be characterized by slightly different slopes, the differences are statistically insignificant.
(13) According to some reports as many as 30 people were killed in the explosion, although that figure could not be independently confirmed.
(14) Although the longest period required for resolving weakness was three days, the MRI, the CT and the electroencephalogram revealed no significant abnormality.
(15) By the 1860s, French designs were using larger front wheels and steel frames, which although lighter were more rigid, leading to its nickname of “boneshaker”.
(16) Certainly, Saunders did not land a single blow that threatened to stop his opponent, although he took quite a few himself that threatened his titles in the final few rounds.
(17) The Bohr and Root effects are absent, although specific amino acid residues, considered responsible of most of these functions, are conserved in the sequence, thus posing new questions about the molecular basis of these mechanisms.
(18) Addition of extracellular mevalonate led to a concentration-dependent fall in both processes, although a higher concentration was required to produce the same effect on LDL degradation as on HMG-CoA reductase activity.
(19) Although the relative contributions of different fuels varies greatly in different organisms, in none is there a simple reliance on stored ATP.
(20) The base materials caused more pulpal inflammation than the control material, Kalzinol, although by an indirect mechanism.
(adv.) In whetever manner, way, or degree.
(adv.) At all events; at least; in any case.
(conj.) Nevertheless; notwithstanding; yet; still; though; as, I shall not oppose your design; I can not, however, approve of it.
(1) However, patients with GGBHS were significantly older (P less than .05).
(2) However, as other patients who lived at the periphery of the Valserine valley do not appear to be related to any patients living in the valley, and because there has been considerable immigration into the valley, a number of hypotheses to explain the distribution of the disease in the region remain possible.
(3) This may have significant consequences for people’s health.” However, Prof Peter Weissberg, medical director of the British Heart Foundation, which funded the work, said medical journals could no longer be relied on to be unbiased.
(4) However, when first trimester specimens were analyzed, the direct-product measurements were significantly larger than the corresponding 3H2O assay results.
(5) Unfortunately, due to confidentiality clauses that have been imposed on us by the Department of Immigration and Border Protection, we are unable to provide our full names and … titles … However, we believe the evidence that will be submitted will validate the statements that we are making in this submission.” The submission detailed specific allegations – including names and dates – of sexual abuse of child detainees, violence and bullying of children, suicide attempts by children and medical neglect.
(6) However, this deficit was observed only when the sample-place preceded but not when it followed the interpolated visits (second experiment).
(7) However, medicines have an important part to play, and it is now generally agreed that for the very poor populations medicines should be restricted to those on an 'essential drugs list' and should be made available as cheaply as possible.
(8) However, when cross-linked to anti-CD4 or anti-CD8 antibodies a markedly enhanced proliferation of the corresponding subpopulation is observed.
(9) However, CT will be insensitive in the detection of the more cephalic proximal lesions, especially those in the brain stem, basal cisterns, and skull base.
(10) However, dexamethasone was more effective than either prednisone or cortisol (P less than 0.001).
(11) However, four of ten young adult outer arm (relatively sun-exposed) and one of ten young adult inner arm (relatively sun-protected) fibroblasts lines increased their saturation density in response to retinoic acid.
(12) The extent of the infectious process was limited, however, because the life span of the cultures was not significantly shortened, the yields of infectious virus per immunofluorescent cell were at all times low, and most infected cells contained only a few well-delineated small masses of antigen, suggestive of an abortive infection.
(13) However, the degree of sedation caused by diphenhydramine was significantly greater than that caused by cimetidine (P = .0001).
(14) However, some contactless transactions are processed offline so may not appear on a customer’s account until after the block has been applied.” It says payments that had been made offline on the day of cancellation may be applied to accounts and would be refunded when the customer identified them; payments made on days after the cancellation will not be taken from an account.
(15) However, the groups often paused less and responded faster than individual rats working under identical conditions.
(16) However, ticks, which failed to finish their feeding and represent a disproportionately great part of the whole parasite's population, die together with them and the parasitic system quickly restores its stability.
(17) However it is important to recognize these cysts so that correct surgical management is offered to the patient.
(18) Surgical repair of the rheumatologic should however, is performed rarely, and should be reserved for the infrequent cases that do not respond to medical therapy.
(19) However, there was no correlation between the length of time PN was administered to onset of cholestasis and the gestational age or birth weight of the infants.
(20) In practice, however, the necessary dosage is difficult to predict.