(conj.) Grant all this; be it that; supposing that; notwithstanding; though.
(1) Although the mean values for all hemodynamic variables between the two placebo periods were minimally changed, the differences in individual patients were striking.
(2) Although Jeggo's Chinese hamster ovary cells were more responsive to mAMSA, novo still abrogated mAMSA toxicity in the mutant cells as well as in the parental Chinese hamster ovary cells 2,4-Dinitrophenol acted similarly to novo with respect to mAMSA killing, but neither compound reduced the ATP content of V79 cells.
(3) Although measurements are easily obtained with a tape measure, the validity of these measurements is not known.
(4) Ursodeoxycholate was the only dihydroxy bile salt which was able to solubilize phospholipid (although not cholesterol) below the critical micellar concentration.
(5) Although solely nociresponsive neurons are clearly likely to fill a role in the processing and signalling of pain in the conscious central nervous system, the way in which such useful specificity could be conveyed by multireceptive neurons is difficult to appreciate.
(6) Although antihistamines are widely used for symptomatic treatment of seasonal (allergic) rhinitis, the role of histamines in the pathogenesis of infectious rhinitis is not clear.
(7) Historical analysis shows that institutions and special education services spring from common, although not identical, societal and philosophical forces.
(8) Radioligand binding studies revealed the presence of a single class of high-affinity (Kd = 2-6 X 10(-10) M) binding sites for ET-1 in both cells, although the maximal binding capacity of cardiac receptor was about 6- to 12-fold greater than that of vascular receptor.
(9) Although lorazepam and haloperidol produced an equivalent mean decrease in aggression, significantly more subjects who received lorazepam had a greater decrease in aggression ratings than haloperidol recipients; this effect was independent of sedation.
(10) Thus, our study confirmed that male subjects with a history of testicular maldescent have an increased risk for testis cancer, although the magnitude of this risk was lower than suggested previously.
(11) Although MR imaging can accurately show high-grade chondromalacia patellae, it is less accurate in the detection of low-grade disease.
(12) Regression curves indicate that although all three types of pulmonary edema can be characterized by slightly different slopes, the differences are statistically insignificant.
(13) According to some reports as many as 30 people were killed in the explosion, although that figure could not be independently confirmed.
(14) Although the longest period required for resolving weakness was three days, the MRI, the CT and the electroencephalogram revealed no significant abnormality.
(15) By the 1860s, French designs were using larger front wheels and steel frames, which although lighter were more rigid, leading to its nickname of “boneshaker”.
(16) Certainly, Saunders did not land a single blow that threatened to stop his opponent, although he took quite a few himself that threatened his titles in the final few rounds.
(17) The Bohr and Root effects are absent, although specific amino acid residues, considered responsible of most of these functions, are conserved in the sequence, thus posing new questions about the molecular basis of these mechanisms.
(18) Addition of extracellular mevalonate led to a concentration-dependent fall in both processes, although a higher concentration was required to produce the same effect on LDL degradation as on HMG-CoA reductase activity.
(19) Although the relative contributions of different fuels varies greatly in different organisms, in none is there a simple reliance on stored ATP.
(20) The base materials caused more pulpal inflammation than the control material, Kalzinol, although by an indirect mechanism.
(adv. / conj.) Not the less; notwithstanding; in spite of that; yet.
(1) To this figure an additional 250,000 older workers must be added, who are no longer registered as unemployed but nevertheless would be interested in finding another job.
(2) Atmaca, who belongs to the Gregorian-Armenian church in Istanbul, said that he nevertheless holds the current pontiff in high regard.
(3) Nevertheless, this LTR does not govern efficient transcription of adjacent genes in a transient expression assay.
(4) Nevertheless, acquisition of thermotolerance can be induced at any stage of the life cycle.
(5) Nevertheless a small proportion of the largest molecules (excluded from Sepharose 2B) was present even in the first extract.
(6) Nevertheless, the patterns of chromosomal abnormalities, and consequently that of associated malformations, were related to the different types of renal defects.
(7) Nevertheless, Richard Bacon MP, a member of the Public Accounts Committee, who has tirelessly tracked failings in NHS IT, said last night: "I think the chances that Lorenzo will be turned into a credible and popular product are vanishingly small.
(8) Nevertheless, they are still being widely used, since in most cases only the epidemiology of the disease points to the etiologic role of A. cantonensis.
(9) Nevertheless the difference was too little to suggest abandoning one treatment in favour of the others.
(10) Nevertheless, the structure of the signal peptide and propeptide in the N-terminal region is different in these two chains.
(11) Nevertheless we know that there will remain a large number of borrowers with payday loans who are struggling to cope with their debts, and it is essential that these customers are signposted to free debt advice.
(12) Nevertheless, XA is transcribed into a stable 2.6-kb polyadenylated RNA that is expressed uniquely in the adrenal gland.
(13) Nevertheless between 18% and 20% appear to have done so – a stunning result for the far right.
(14) Nevertheless, a wide clinical spectrum was found varying from pictures correlating with the topography and extent of the MRI-detected anomaly to conditions indicating wider cerebral involvement.
(15) Nevertheless, with respect to public health approaches, there seems to be a shift in consciousness.
(16) Nevertheless, oxidation of the phenyldiazene-treated enzyme with ferricyanide provides the NA and NC regioisomers of N-phenylprotoporphyrin IX in a 40:60 ratio.
(17) Nevertheless some technical variations are required, to maintain the typical homogeneity of photon beams.
(18) Nevertheless, there are farms on which satisfactory results are obtained in rearing calves with low Ig levels.
(19) Nevertheless, it is the black male group between the ages of 25 and 34 years that bears the brunt of both suicide and homicide.
(20) These findings of enhanced breakage by FUdR exposure in vitro, nevertheless, may suggest that leukemic cells in general are more susceptible to breakage than normal cells, thereby predisposing the former to secondary chromosome rearrangements.