(1) The nurses who enjoyed the field most were of the androgynous or masculine type and had high levels of self-esteem.
(2) Previous research by Bem has indicated that androgynous individuals of both sexes display "masculine" independence when under pressure to conform as well as "feminine" nurturance when interacting with a kitten.
(3) Those androgynous looks helped him play a resilient 1970s transvestite in Breakfast On Pluto, for example.
(4) Androgyny had a significant main effect on spatial ability, the more androgynous subjects being superior.
(5) He favoured tall, thin, androgynous-looking teenagers, many from London.
(6) Androgynous males most frequently identified with a nonstereotypic mother combining masculine and feminine qualities, whereas undifferentiated males more often identified with a stereotypically feminine mother (p less than .01).
(7) Sex-stereotyped women typically gave ratings similar to those given by androgynous women while sex-stereotyped men, when they differed from androgynous men, generally gave less positive ratings.
(8) Sexually androgynous alcoholics (N = 21), those able to affirm about themselves characteristics ordinarily attributed to both males and females, scored significantly lower on MMPI scales D, PD, PT, and SI and and higher on MA than a nonandrogynous group (N = 21) of alcoholics.
(9) The cover features the androgynous, skin-and-bones singer in an angular, narrow, cropped suit.
(10) The homosexual sample was "androgynous", and the heterosexual sample was highly "masculine sex typed," by definition (Bem, 1974).
(11) The relation between sex role self-concept (masculine, feminine, undifferentiated, and androgynous) and both relationship quality and dysfunctional relationship beliefs was examined in 370 monogamous partners who represented four types of couples (married, heterosexual cohabiting, gay, and lesbian).
(12) Lucky enough to catch him playing its songs at New York’s Ritz early in 1981, I was instantly won over by his thrilling talent and androgynous swagger.
(13) Rotary pursuit performance (time on target) and reminiscence data were collected for 113 androgynous and feminine men and women under massed or distributed practice conditions.
(14) On her own, Perkins tended to look game in her alert, coolly androgynous way, yet also a little lost, as if waiting for a prompt that wasn’t coming.
(15) Foxx explains that he changed his name to ensure better slots on the open-mic circuit, reasoning that female performers were usually called up first and that an androgynous tag might prove an advantage.
(16) A national sample of 131 male and 120 female therapists showed that male therapists tend to be sex-typed and female therapists are predominantly androgynous.
(17) In 20 women with marked androgynism or testosterone concentrations being suspected for a tumor blood samples were taken by selective retrograde catheterization of the ovarian and suprarenal veins via vena femoralis.
(18) Big Bang Facebook Twitter Pinterest Big Bang, stablemates of 2NE1 at the hugely successful label YG Entertainment, owe nothing to the accessible charm and androgynous features of your typical boyband.
(19) Elevated basal blood level of this enzyme cannot be regarded as a sufficiently reliable criterion in the differential diagnosis of the adrenal or ovarian origin of androgynism.
(20) However, masculine men did not differ from androgynous men in over-all corrugator response activity.
(n.) A twilled cotton cloth.
(1) That's why the big dreams have come from the smaller candidates such as the radical left's Jean-Luc Mélenchon.
(2) His bracelets and his hair, neatly gathered in a colourful elasticated band, contrast with his unflashy day-to-day uniform of checked shirts, jeans or cheap chinos and trainers.
(3) We will together face the terrorist menace,” said Jean-Claude Juncker , president of the European commission, whose headquarters lie just a few hundred metres from the metro.
(4) And if the fathers of Europe, Jean Monnet and Robert Schuman , were alive today, they would see that their aim, to get Europe to move to a proper union through a series of crises, has moved a step closer.
(5) Crisis engulfs Gabon hospital founded to atone for colonial crimes Read more At least seven people died and more than 1,000 were arrested in violent protests following the announcement of the election result earlier this month, which the leader of the opposition, Jean Ping, said Bongo, the incumbent, had rigged.
(6) Facebook Twitter Pinterest Ramzan Kadyrov is joined by Jean-Claude Van Damme and Hilary Swank at his birthday party in Grozny in 2011.
(7) Some women attended the protest wearing jeans and T-shirts, while others took the mission of reclaiming the word "slut" – one of the stated objectives of the movement – more literally and turned out in overtly provocative fishnets and stilettos.
(8) At Montpellier, the director, Jean-Paul Montanari, said he expected the whole festival industry to collapse but blamed the centre-right government's lack of interest in culture.
(9) The Front National, founded by Jean-Marie Le Pen in 1972, has never been this close to installing its leader inside the gilded rooms of the Élysée Palace.
(10) In his V-neck sweater, dad jeans and white New Balance sneakers, Michael Lewis doesn’t look like a troublemaker.
(11) Angela Merkel has thrown her weight behind Jean-Claude Juncker for the next European commission leader, dealing a blow to David Cameron's attempts to block Luxembourg's former prime minister from taking up the role.
(12) That is how it was discovered that entries relating to the Hillsborough disaster had been offensively edited from an address in Whitehall and – as the Guardian reports – so too have entries relating to the shooting of Jean Charles de Menezes.
(13) • David Hinds (Barbados), Mark Bob Forde (Barbados), Richard Groden (Trinidad & Tobago), Yves Jean-Bart (Haiti) and Horace Reid (Jamaica) all received a warning.
(14) Sitting opposite her as she eats croissants and fixes on espresso it is hard to equate the immaculate perfection of Guillem the performer, in bobbed wig and suspenders last night, with the awkwardly engaging and somewhat bed-headed Guillem in skinny jeans and T-shirt this morning.
(15) So maybe there’s another union that needs a little taming.” He also said that Trump was not a fan of the EU, described it as “supranational and unelected” and attacked the European commission’s president, Jean-Claude Juncker.
(16) The only entirely original stage work from this period was the spectacular one-man show Needles And Opium in 1991, which intermingled stories of love and addiction from the lives of Jean Cocteau and Miles Davis with an account of the meltdown of one of Lepage's own long-term relationships.
(17) "Ninety per cent of our customers can walk in and spend $35,000 in one visit without thinking about it," store director Jean Miguel Darde said.
(18) Shortly afterwards, he was reported to have had a son, Jean, with a French-Cambodian woman.
(19) Luxembourg’s foreign minister, Jean Asselborn, said: “After the Trump victory and the Brexit vote, Austria’s voters have shown that reason, tolerance and humanity are not foreign concepts for elections in the European Union.
(20) With the final senate results still awaited, the Socialist leader, Jean-Christophe Cambadélis, played down the scale of his party’s defeat, saying it had feared greater gains by the opposition right-wing parties.