(1) Under their leader Panos Kammenos, who defected from the centre-right New Democracy party to form Anel at the height of the crisis in February 2012, the group has proved to be rabidly nationalistic in foreign affairs.
(2) Its parliamentary majority depends on support from the rightwing ANEL nationalist party whose leader, Panos Kammenos, holds the defence portfolio.
(3) That would require him also cutting links with his rapidly anti-austerity rightwing junior partner Anel.
(4) With Syriza and Anel outright rejecting the commitments the previous government signed up to with creditors – outlined in the onerous bailout accords that Athens agreed with the EU, European Central Bank and International Monetary Fund – they will make an extremely tough negotiating team when stalled talks resume this month.
(5) The attendees included Panos Kammenos, the new Greek defence minister and leader of the nationalist Anel party – Tsipras’s junior coalition partner.
(6) How will they return to their electoral constituencies and explain this agreement to them?” Greece debt crisis: the offer from Athens in detail Read more The government’s junior coalition partner, the small rightwing Independent Greeks party (Anel) deepended complications for Tsipras by warning it would only support an agreement that committed to some form of debt write-off.
(7) Anellation of 1,3-oxazin-, pyrimidin-, 1,2,3-triazin- or 1,4-oxazepin-cycles give hitherto unknown tri- and tetracyclic ring systems.
(8) Strain DPO 220 co-metabolized a wide range of anellated aromatics as well as heteroaromatics.
(9) Anel, like Syriza, says foreign lenders have turned the debt-crippled country into a “debt colony”.
(10) Overall, it has been a steep learning curve for the coalition formed by the radical left Syriza party and its populist rightwing partner, Independent Greeks (Anel).
(11) His friend, Anele Krawe, a 19-year-old student, added: "I do feel jealous.
(12) The enzyme is highly specific for the irreversible oxidation of the 3beta-hydroxyl group in steroids with a trans-anellated A : B ring system with either C5 or C6 double bond.
(13) The populist, rightwing Independent Greeks (Anel) would at first sight make for a strange bedfellow for the radical leftists Syriza and the deal makes an unusual alliance, but they are brought together by a mutual hatred for the bailout programme keeping Greece afloat.
(14) Independent Greeks (Anel) - a rightwing party, the junior coalition partner in the outgoing Tsipras government.
(15) Syriza’s MPs voted in a bloc for the referendum, together with their coalition partners from the radical right Anel party.
(16) Panos Kammenos, Anel’s leader, said his party would oppose a proposed VAT increase for Greek islands “even if the government falls”.
(17) The vinylogous, anellated and non-anellated dihydropyridines 4 and their coupled analogues 5 are accessible through Hantzsch-type cyclization reactions.
(18) Earlier, Panos Kammenos, Anel’s rumbustious leader, emerged from hour-long talks with Tsipras saying the two politicians had successfully formed a coalition.
(19) Tsipras’s leftwing Syriza, and his rightwing nationalist coalition partner, Anel, were joined by centre-left Pasok, liberals To Potami, and centre-right New Democracy.
(20) In memoriam: Tembelakhe Mati Hendrick Tsietsi Monene Sello Ronnie Lepaaku Hassan Fundi Frans Mabelane Thapelo Eric Mabebe Semi Jokanisi Phumzile Sokanyile Isaiah Twala Julius Langa Molefi Osiel Ntsoele Modisaotsile Van Wyk Sagalala Nkosiyabo Xalabile Babalo Mtshazi John Kutlwano Ledingoane Bongani Nqongophele Cebisile Yawa Mongezeleli Ntenetya Henry Mvuyisi Pato Ntandazo Nokamba Bongani Mdze Bonginkosi Yona Makhosandile Mkhonjwa Stelega Gadlela Telang Vitalis Mohai Janeveke Raphael Liau Fezile David Saphendu Anele Mdizeni Mzukisi Sompeta Thabiso Johannes Thelejane Mphangeli Thukuza Thobile Mpumza Mgcineni Noki Thobisile Zimbambele Thabiso Mosebetsane Andries Motlapula Ntsenyeho Patrick Akhona Jijase Julius Tokoti Mancotywa Michael Ngweyi Jackson Lehupa Khanare Elias Monesa Mpumzeni Ngxande Thembinkosi Gwelani Dumisani Mthinti Paulina Masuhlo Daluvuyo Bongo Mafolisi Mabiya
(v. t.) To smear or rub over with oil or an unctuous substance; also, to spread over, as oil.
(v. t.) To apply oil to or to pour oil upon, etc., as a sacred rite, especially for consecration.
(p. p.) Anointed.
(1) The anointed heir, Xi Jinping , commanded less attention than former general secretary Jiang Zemin, seated next to current leader Hu Jintao.
(2) An hour later, Corbyn, looking cheerful and well-rested, makes his way with difficulty by bicycle through the crowds in the Mall to the palace, where he is to be anointed.
(3) After all, every veto holder had attacked another country in defiance of the charter, but no one had ever disputed the alleged Westphalian right of each anointed thug to mistreat his "own" people.
(4) And he expounded his new vision – a United States of Africa, with Sirte as its capital, and himself as its self-anointed king of kings.
(5) And having got in, many of the newly anointed global leaders don't seem willing to widen the net further.
(6) It likes to back a winner and, remarkably, it always manages to secure a level of payback from whichever party it chooses to anoint that goes way beyond its value to them.
(7) Did it originate with the pet peeve of a self-anointed maven?
(8) Bill Kristol thinks Walker’s showing “ basic talent, hard work and real improvement .” And Bill Kristol has only run Dan Quayle’s office, anointed Sarah Palin and been wrong about every single step of the Middle East at every point of the timeline like a Shrödinger’s Cat exercise in being a moron.
(9) The apparently successful launch will have bolstered the credentials of North Korea's 29-year-old leader, Kim Jong-un, who was anointed last year after the death of his father, Kim Jong-il.
(10) Carwyn Jones will remain first minister but his anointment threatened to be overshadowed by a sexism row after Ukip’s leader at the assembly, the former Tory MP Neil Hamilton , branded two senior female assembly members “political concubines” and called Plaid a “cheap date”.
(11) The financial turmoil at St George’s University hospital, London – just one month after it was anointed with foundation status – is troubling evidence that the NHS’s financial systems are not good enough.
(12) Last week, Leahy announced he was planning to retire in March after 14 years in charge and the current head of the international business Philip Clarke was anointed chief executive designate.
(13) In Greece Papademos was sworn in, anointed by the Archbishop of Athens.
(14) Nor was there any " symbolic anointing " of him in anyone's mind other than his own.)
(15) Democrats in Iowa have reservations about Clinton , and are hostile to the idea that their role is simply to anoint the candidate-in-waiting whom they rejected eight years ago.
(16) It is clear that ingestion of anointing oil is dangerous; even topically, significant absorption of naphthalene may occur especially in infants, as it is oil-based.
(17) Britain’s fastest-growing city is not, strictly speaking, an official city, mysteriously overlooked by government officials who anoint less significant places, but its residents have always called it one.
(18) Dozens of Tea Party supporters appeared outside the inn, anointing this rural spot, 20 miles from the nearest town, Asheville, as a symbolic battleground.
(19) There is a certain duty that comes with being the anointed purveyor of truth.
(20) Poulter was recently anointed one of Hollywood’s impressive youth, included in Vanity Fair’s “next wave” issue in June, and won Bafta’s rising star award in February.