What's the difference between anyplace and anywhere?
(adv.) In any place.
(1) He can open doors anywhere and they would at least have someone else to blame.
(2) Maybe it’s because they are skulking, sedentary creatures, tied to their post; the theatre critic isn’t going anywhere other than the stalls, and then back home to write.
(3) It also has one of the highest female university rates anywhere in the world.” The UAE-based Rotana hotels is planning to open a number of hotels in Iran, and France’s leading hotelier, Accor, is involved in at least two four-star hotels in the country.
(4) "We were the ones with the most over-indebted banks, the most over-indebted households and we had the biggest budget deficit of virtually any country, anywhere in the world.
(5) As a proportion of our workforce we have got more PhDs per head of population in Copeland than anywhere else in the UK.
(6) Oregon’s governor on Wednesday signed trailblazing legislation that will raise the minimum wage to nearly $15 in six years, and do so through a three-tiered system that has not been tried anywhere else in the country.
(7) "Unless we give people better content and better coverage, we ain't going anywhere.
(8) "Maybe that's why they can't afford anywhere bigger: because they're always late for work."
(9) Maintaining air links between cities as far apart as Inverness and London makes sense, but at the same time we must invest in improvements to our rail network and make it easy to use technology to do business from anywhere in Scotland.
(10) Yet Texas’s big cities are some of the most diverse in the nation, and last year 7,214 refugees were resettled in the state – more than anywhere else in the country .
(11) These results display the sensitivity of simple H-exchange measurements for finding and characterizing effects on structure and dynamics that may occur anywhere in the protein and help to define conditions for higher resolution approaches that can localize the changes observed.
(12) Angioleiomyomas are rare smooth-muscle tumors that occur anywhere in the body.
(13) A study of 425 patients demonstrated that a pyodestructive process, located anywhere, affects platelet functional properties, resulting in the first place, in disorders of spontaneous cell disaggregation.
(14) The New Economics Foundation guessed that it could be anywhere between 3.4 and 8.3p ; 8.3 pence was so far beyond what anyone else forecast that I treated it as scarcely credible.
(15) Big organisations, whether in the private, public or charitable sectors usually have independent internal audit before getting anywhere near the external auditors.
(16) As Llewellyn and others reached for their briefcases Ashdown roared that nobody was going anywhere.
(17) The judge noted the “seriousness of these offences and impact on road traffic, particularly given the number of fines previously issued against BT by TfL for similar offences.” Firms undertaking work anywhere in London need a permit before digging up the roads, allowing highway authorities to coordinate work to minimise disruption.
(18) In 1985, Omura, Y. discovered that, when specific molecules were placed anywhere in the close vicinity of the path of a light beam (laser), their molecular information, as well as information on electrical & magnetic fields, is transmitted bi-directionally along the path of this light beam.
(19) The "golden postcodes" of Knightsbridge, Belgravia, Mayfair and Chelsea, says one agent, "offer among the most desired places to live anywhere in the world".
(20) After 10 years in prison I feel safe pretty much anywhere,” he said.