(adv.) Seemingly; in appearance; as, a man may be apparently friendly, yet malicious in heart.
(1) A slight varus angle of 2.1 degrees became apparent.
(2) Phospholipid methylation in human EGMs is distinctly different from that in rat EGMs (Hirata and Axelrod 1980) in that the human activity is not Mg++-dependent, and apparent methyltransferase I activity is located in the external membrane surface.
(3) Apparently, the irradiation with visible light of a low intensity creates an additional proton gradient and thus stimulates a new replication and division cycle in the population of cells whose membranes do not have delta pH necessary for the initiation of these processes.
(4) Cyclic AMP stimulated phosphorylation by [gamma-32P]ATP of two proteins of apparent Mr = 20,000 and 7,000 that were concentrated in sarcoplasmic reticulum, but the stimulation was markedly dependent on the presence of added soluble cyclic AMP-dependent protein kinase.
(5) From these data it is possible to predict theoretically the apparent temperature difference as seen by an infrared scanner or radiometer with a detector of which the spectral detectivity, D (lambda), is known.
(6) Western blot analysis of these mitochondria using an antibody against carnitine palmitoyltransferase II purified from beef heart demonstrates a 68-kDa protein, which under ischemic conditions apparently is decreased by 2 kDa.
(7) ASF-II was purified to apparent homogeneity by using concanavalin A-agarose affinity chromatography, DEAE-cellulose chromatography, alumina gel adsorption, and isoelectric focussing techniques.
(8) Schneiderlin, valued at an improbable £27m, and the currently injured Jay Rodriguez are wanted by their former manager Mauricio Pochettino at Spurs, but the chairman Ralph Krueger has apparently called a halt to any more outgoings, saying: “They are part of the core that we have decided to keep at Southampton.” He added: “Jay Rodriguez and Morgan Schneiderlin are not for sale and they will be a part of our club as we enter the new season.” The new manager Ronald Koeman has begun rebuilding by bringing in Dusan Tadic and Graziano Pellè from the Dutch league and Krueger said: “We will have players coming in, we will make transfers to strengthen the squad.
(9) Release of 51Cr was apparently a function of immune thymus-derived lymphocytes (T cells) because it was abrogated by prior incubation of spleen cells with anti-thymus antiserum and complement but was undiminished by passage of spleen cells through nylon-wool columns.
(10) Cellular radial expansion was apparently unaffected by exposure to electric fields.
(11) The compressive strength of bone is proportional to the square of the apparent density and to the strain rate raised to the 0.06 power.
(12) Reasonably good agreement is seen between theoretical apparent rate-vesicle concentration relationships and those measured experimentally.
(13) The product of the ugpQ gene, expressed in minicells, has an apparent molecular weight of 17,500.
(14) In normal seminal vesicle, the reaction product was apparently more abundant in columnar and basal cells than in other cell types.
(15) We present a mathematical model that is suitable to reconcile this apparent contradiction in the interpretation of the epidemiological data: the observed parallel time series for the spread of AIDS in groups with different risk of infection can be realized by computer simulation, if one assumes that the outbreak of full-blown AIDS only occurs if HIV and a certain infectious coagent (cofactor) CO are present.
(16) Pedigree studies have suggested that there may be an inherited predisposition to many apparently nonfamilial colorectal cancers and a genetic model of tumorigenesis in common colorectal cancer has been proposed that includes the activation of dominantly acting oncogenes and the inactivation of growth suppressor genes.
(17) At 100 microM-ACh the apparent open time became shorter probably due to channel blockade by ACh molecules.
(18) For SP and NKA the decrease was apparent in all brain regions and both in the right and left hemispheres.
(19) Glucocorticoids have been shown in in vitro systems to inhibit the release of arachidonic acid metabolites, namely prostaglandins (PGs) and leukotrienes, apparently, via the induction of a phospholipase A2 inhibitory protein, called lipocortin.
(20) The authors examined an eye obtained post-mortem from a patient with chronic granulomatous disease of childhood and clinically apparent chorioretinal scars.
(1) The obvious need for highly effective contraception in women with existing disorders of glucose metabolism has led to a search for oral contraceptive (OC) regimens for such women that are efficient but without unacceptable metabolic side effects.
(2) The usefulness of the proposed method is obvious in cases where the composition of a precipitate on LM scale is to be compared with the LM appearance of the surrounding tissue.
(3) They could go out and trade for a pitcher such as the New York Mets’ Bartolo Colón , an obvious choice despite his 41 years, but he would come with an $11m price tag for next season and have to pass through the waiver wires process first – considering the wily mood Billy Beane is in this year, the A’s could be the team that blocks such a move.
(4) This difference becomes more obvious in women on HRT with less than three children compared to a similar group not taking HRT.
(5) Thus, it is obvious that new measures will have to be taken if lives are to be saved in future events of this nature.
(6) Some women have clinically obvious cervical incompetence and may benefit from a cerclage operation, but criteria for early diagnosis are not universally agreed upon.
(7) Much less obvious – except in the fictional domain of the C Thomas Howell film Soul Man – is why someone would want to “pass” in the other direction and voluntarily take on the weight of racial oppression.
(8) Obviously it’s good to have all voices on the field.
(9) "This will obviously be a sensitive topic for the US administration, but partners in the transatlantic alliance must be clear on common rules of engagement in times of conflict if we are to retain any moral standing in the world," Verhofstadt said.
(10) Obvious restitution of the thymic medulla was evident about 14 days after withdrawal of FK506.
(11) The content and design of the treatment obviously had a positive influence on patient satisfaction.
(12) Symmetrical cases (the so-called siamese twins) have an obvious predominance (92.3%).
(13) He said: "While the strike on 30 November will obviously cause disruption, the figures suggested by ministers are fantasy economics.
(14) Uterine lavage affords the potential for non-invasive human blastocyst recovery, with obvious potential for preimplantation genetic diagnosis.
(15) Gallium-67 imaging is useful in the management of patients with malignant lymphoma, despite its obvious limitations.
(16) Future increasing segments of females addicted to tobacco smoking will obviously markedly influence sex difference in morbidity.
(17) Successful treatment of hypertriglyceridemic states obviously normalizes the changed composition of the lipoprotein fractions and in consequence effects also the atherogenicity.
(18) The thigh and hip manifestations can obscure the primary intra-abdominal process either due to the obvious emphysema or to the obtunded abdominal signs secondary to associated neuropathy.
(19) He praised the obvious disgust of local people in parts of south and west Manchester, where gang problems have been concentrated.
(20) The most obvious observation was a higher early mortality.