(adv.) With approximation; so as to approximate; nearly.
(1) Between 25 and 40 degrees C, the thermal dependencies of VR and f were approximately constant (Q10's of 1.31 and 1.36 got VR and f, respectively).
(2) The proportion of teeth per child with calculus was approximately 8 percent for supragingival and 4 percent for subgingival calculus.
(3) 5-Azacytidine (I) stability was increased approximately 10-fold over its stability in water or lactated Ringer injection by the addition of excess sodium bisulfite and the maintenance of pH approximately 2.5.
(4) This time is approximately six months for the neuroleptics given orally, one month for antidepressants, and five and a half half-lives for benzodiazepines.
(5) After 55 days of unrestricted food availability the body weight of the neonatally deprived rats was approximately 15% lower than that of the controls.
(6) In the clinical trials in which there was complete substitution of fat-modified ruminant foods for conventional ruminant products the fall in serum cholesterol was approximately 10%.
(7) Only the approximately 2.7 kb mRNA species was visualized in Northern blots of total cellular and poly(A+) RNA isolated from cardiac ventricular muscle.
(8) The enzyme was solubilized by Triton X-100 and purified approximately 480-fold by gel filtration and affinity chromatography on alanine methyl ketone-AH-Sepharose 4B.
(9) The Cao-dependent Na+ efflux was half-maximally activated by [Ca2+]o = 2.0 mM in LiSW and 7.2 mM in Tris-SW; at saturating [Ca2+]o, [Ca2+]i, and [Na+]i the maximal (calculated) Cao-dependent Na+ efflux was approximately 75 pmol#cm2.s.
(10) The DNA untwisting enzyme has been purified approximately 300-fold from rat liver nuclei.
(11) The molecular weight of antigen RFB2 was estimated to be approximately 85,000 daltons based on the results of gel filtration on Sepharose CL-6B.
(12) Approximately 90% of the patients have a lambda light chain myeloma protein and almost all patients excrete Bence-Jones protein.
(13) With glucose and protein as intraduodenal stimulus (no pancreatin added), the plasma amino acids rose significantly less (by approximately 50% of the control experiment) and the increment in insulin (but not C-peptide) concentrations was significantly reduced by loxiglumide.
(14) Plasma fibrinogen decreased by approximately 7% due to hemodilution caused by plasma volume expansion.
(15) The estimated DNA compaction ratio (approximately 3-fold) is consistent with a significant degree of nucleosome unfolding in the hyperstimulated BR genes.
(16) Each species has approximately 500 core histones cluster repeats per haploid genome.
(17) This gene, termed cbbE', codes for a putative surface protein of approximately 55 kDa, termed the E' protein.
(18) The total content of both thyroid hormones in the oocytes increased throughout most of the ovarian cycle as the oocytes increased in size from less than 2 mg to approximately 6.5 mg by ovulation.
(19) Sonographic images of the gallbladder enable satisfactory approximation of gallbladder volume using the sum-of-cylinders method.
(20) Replacement of Na+ by K+ or Li+ did not alter uptake, whereas replacement of Cl- by HCO-3 or gluconate- reduced uptake by approximately 40%.
(adv.) In a probable manner; in likelihood.
(1) Without medication atypical ventricular tachycardia develops, in the author's opinion, most probably when bradycardia has persisted for a prolonged period.
(2) PMS is more prevalent among women working outside the home, alcoholics, women of high parity, and women with toxemic tendency; it probably runs in families.
(3) In dogs, cibenzoline given i.v., had no effects on the slow response systems, probably because of sympathetic nervous system intervention since the class 4 effects of cibenzoline appeared after beta-adrenoceptor blockade.
(4) Results indicated a .85 probability that Directive Guidance would be followed by Cooperation; a .67 probability that Permissiveness would lead to Noncooperation; and a .97 likelihood that Coerciveness would lead to either Noncooperation or Resistance.
(5) This may be due to efficient replacement of Leu by Phe at CUC (and, probably, CUU) codons throughout the genome.
(6) Quantitative determinations indicate that the amount of PBG-D mRNA is modulated both by the erythroid nature of the tissue and by cell proliferation, probably at the transcriptional level.
(7) This difference is probably secondary to the different rates of delivery of furosemide into urine.
(8) Estimates of the risk probability for each dose level and sacrifice time are found utilizing the sample likelihood as the posterior density.
(9) Because of the short detachment interval, and the absence of underlying pathology or trauma, the recovery process described here probably represents an example of optimum recovery after retinal reattachment.
(10) A re-examination of the literature indicates that many phagocytes previously unidentified or considered to be microglial cells are probably beta astrocytes.
(11) That suggests they are being replenished by sulphur dioxide, most probably from volcanoes.
(12) Asthma is probably the commonest chronic disease in the United Kingdom, and its attendant morbidity extends outside the possible scope of the hospital sector.
(13) It is concluded that fibroblast replication is an important mechanism leading to the pathologic fibrosis seen in graft versus host disease and, by analogy, probably other types of immunologically mediated fibrosis.
(14) Probability distributions are fitted to these data and it is shown that the log-series distribution best fits the data for two subgroups.
(15) The increased muscular strength in due to a rise of calcaemia, improved muscle contraction and probably also due to the mentioned nutritional factors.
(16) At 100 microM-ACh the apparent open time became shorter probably due to channel blockade by ACh molecules.
(17) Of the 16 cases, 14 (88%) were diagnosed as TSS or probable TSS by the attending physician, although only nine (64%) of the 14 diagnosed cases were given the correct discharge code.
(18) These results indicate that both racemic and L-baclofen inhibit trigeminal transmission in man, probably because they interfere with excitatory transmission through the interneurons of the lateral reticular formation.
(19) A second Scottish referendum has turned from a highly probable event into an almost inevitable one.
(20) However, since these levels were unaltered by reducing the antiandrogen dosage, the main action of the therapy is probably that of the antiandrogen within the target cells.