What's the difference between awfully and deucedly?
(adv.) In an awful manner; in a manner to fill with terror or awe; fearfully; reverently.
(adv.) Very; excessively.
(1) But at the same time I didn't feel like, 'Aw, I'm home!'
(2) It seems like an awfully long way from the ground.” He added: “When I was younger, I dreamed of being an astronaut, but I also wanted to be a policeman or a firebreather.
(3) EEG waves were similar during Aw and Qw but they diminished in amplitude and frequency when passing from these states to Qs, and both parameters increased during As.
(4) In vitro blastogenic responses of peripheral blood mononuclear cells (PBMN) to heterogeneous schistosome-derived antigens (eggs, SEA; adult worms, AW; and cercariae, CERC) were evaluated.
(5) Asked whether the loss of control of the streets was embarrassing, Sir Paul replied: "Well the one thing I would say is that it must have been an awful time for the people trying to go about their daily business in those buildings.
(6) By contrast, storage fungi, especially Aspergillus spp., are able to grow at low water activities (aw, 0.70-0.75) enabling them to initiate grain spoilage.
(7) It was a bit of a nightmare … there wasn't an awful lot I could do."
(8) It’s very, very difficult to feel any optimism about this summit or what it will do for people looking for a safe place for them and their families right at this moment, nor tackle the awful actions of countries who are now thinking, ‘If other countries won’t help take responsibility, then why should we?’ and are now driving back desperate people.
(9) It has been awfully hard-won, carved slowly out of a big block of human agony.
(10) AW: Well, I think a rather terrific movie, actually.
(11) For the AW group the occurrence rate becomes 0.00043 per chromosome per generation for all aberrations and 0.00041 for inversions.
(12) Third, we must do more to strengthen the old principle of contribution: there are lots of people right now who feel they pay an awful lot more in than they ever get back.
(13) "We welcome a consultation, but default filters are awful," said ORG executive director Jim Killock.
(14) All samples are well detected by anti-B from AW, Aend, Ax, Am but none is detected by anti-B from ABx, Cis AB, or by an auto-anti-B.
(15) I even suspect that if Charlotte had truly known what marriage to a man so teeth-gnashingly awful really meant – in a way that no woman without the experience of going out with, let alone sleeping with, someone inappropriate can – she would have made a different choice.
(16) To determine whether the presence of small-intestinal malabsorption is associated with the development of AWS in human immunodeficiency virus (HIV)-infected patients with chronic diarrhea, we retrospectively reviewed the results of D-xylose testing performed in the clinical evaluation of 21 consecutive HIV-infected patients with chronic diarrhea.
(17) The atmospherics between the Athens government and its antagonists, which is now just about every player of importance in the rest of Europe, have been awful for weeks and have got more poisonous as they have neared the crunch.
(18) Cell lines AW 13516 and AW 8507 were derived from poorly differentiated SCC and epidermoid carcinoma of the tongue respectively.
(19) We worked awfully hard for this Premier League status and we don’t want to give it up.” Gylfi Sigurdsson’s 61st-minute strike – his sixth goal in 10 games – settled a scrappy Liberty Stadium contest that failed to spark into life until the Iceland international finished from substitute Leroy Fer’s pass.
(20) 9.27pm BST 67 min: The Argentinian fans are making an awful lot of noise here.
(1) But Murray drags it back to deuce, a lob from him and a missed slice from Federer making it so.
(2) During deuce, we are treated to some absurdity from both players, but Kyrgios then misses a forehand to give Nadal another set point.
(3) He somehow scrambled to deuce and delighted in forcing Dimitrov to chase in vain from one side of the court to the other to go 6-5 up.
(4) In the first set Miss Round was at her best, in command of the match, and only two games went to deuce.
(5) A simple missed volley at deuce gives breakpoint and a gradually takes control of a long rally before forcing a Wawrinka error.
(6) Murray’s first double fault at deuce brought an angry response - and a pair of aces to hold for 2-1 - from one of the game’s most demanding perfectionists.
(7) Murray, who does not like wearing a cap, repeatedly caught the sun in his eyes on his ball toss to double-fault twice, aced and fought through three deuce points to hold in the eighth game.
(8) Djokovic, though, blew a cross-court forehand for deuce – but not the forehand he drilled for a winner and break.
(9) He misses three presentable forehands (see last tiebreak) as it goes to deuce and after more than 10 minutes Rafa breaks.
(10) 2.46pm BST First set: Djokovic*4-3 Nadal No sooner do I write that about Nadal's serve than Djokovic finds himself at 30-30 and then at deuce – the first time we've seen one of those.
(11) That takes it to 40-15, but a great crosscourt service return and an unforced error from Nadal later it's deuce, and Djokovic has a sniff, a chance.
(12) But we go to deuce and Dimitrov will be pleased to see how much he's making Murray scamper around the baseline.
(13) On deuce, a second serve from Murray is called out, only for the umpire to correct the call.
(14) A service down the line, into the deuce court, is too much for Djokovic, and another winner concludes the transaction.
(15) Giants up by a deuce, and here comes Jeff Jones, Tigers pitching coach to have a word with his man.
(16) Donovan in that role would probably step on Deuce's toes.
(17) A vicious forehand from centre to the deuce court saves one, and there follows the best point so far - a Nadal lob wins the advantage, as he can only flip it back - but he stays in the rally, and another winner saves another.
(18) He was artful and resolute, also, in getting to deuce on Murray’s serve in the fourth game but the Scot would not crack.
(19) She double-faulted to give Cornet two breakpoints only to recover before, at 1-1, deuce, the umpire called them off.
(20) Another ace at deuce gives Wawrinka game point, but Djokovic fights back with a brilliant double-hander down the line.