(adv.) In a bad manner; poorly; not well; unskillfully; imperfectly; unfortunately; grievously; so as to cause harm; disagreeably; seriously.
(1) City badly missed Yaya Touré, on international duty at the Africa Cup of Nations, and have not won a league match since last April when he has been missing.
(2) For viewers in the US, you get the worst possible in-game managerial interview in Mike Matheny, one that's so bad, it's actually great!
(3) Former lawmaker and historian Faraj Najm said the ruling resets Libya “back to square one” and that the choice now faced by the Tobruk-based parliament is “between bad and worse”.
(4) In London, diesel emissions are now so bad that on several days earlier this summer, children, older people and vulnerable adults were warned not to venture outside .
(5) Following mass disasters and individual deaths, dentists with special training and experience in forensic odontology are frequently called upon to assist in the identification of badly mutilated or decomposed bodies.
(6) "Seller reports are key to identifying bad buyers and ridding them from our marketplace," says eBay.
(7) Botswana, Kenya, Somalia and the Democratic Republic of the Congo have also been badly hit.
(8) We are better off in.” Out campaigners have claimed that the NHS could be badly hit by a decision to stay in the EU.
(9) However, the City focused on the improvement in the fortunes of its Irish business, Ulster bank, and its new mini bad bank which led to a 1.8% rise in the shares to 368p.
(10) Urban hives boom could be 'bad for bees' What happened: Two professors from a University of Sussex laboratory are urging wannabe-urban beekeepers to consider planting more flowers instead of taking up the increasingly popular hobby.
(11) Pupils who disrupt the learning of their classmates are dealt with firmly and, in many cases, a short suspension is an effective way of nipping bad behaviour in the bud."
(12) On a weekend that sees the country celebrate 50 years of independence it is certain that despite all things – good and bad – that have taken place in 2013, the next 50 years will be transformed by personal technology, concerned citizens and the media.
(13) Meanwhile the Brooklyn Nets, who have been dealing with nothing but bad news since the start of the regular season, will be without Paul Pierce for 2-4 weeks, also due to a right hand fracture.
(14) It's bad enough that they're so thin,” said Kilbourne.
(15) "I am in a bad situation, psychologically so bad and confused," one father said, surrounded by his three other young sons.
(16) Later, Lucas, also a former party leader, strongly defended Bennett, saying it was a “bad day for Natalie” but there was also “kind of a gloating tone that strikes one as having something to do with her being a woman in there too”.
(17) Another five years of Tory rule with all the terrible consequences that will have is bad enough.
(18) We suggest that sick districts can be affirmed on the basis of the total amount of fluoride intake, the prevalence rates of dental fluorosis, bad incomplete teeth, milk-teeth and the mean output of urinary fluoride between 8 and 15 years of age.
(19) Two hundred forty-six fetuses had at least one abnormal biophysical profile variable with the risk of bad outcome, for a single abnormal variable, ranging from 8% (body movements) to 100% (tone) and increasing from 14% (any variable abnormal) to 63% (all variables abnormal).
(20) This is bad constitutional reform, but it is a reform anyway.
(2) The Super Eagles pushed France hard in their last-16 match in Brasilia only for Paul Pogba's late header and a last-gasp own-goal by Yobo to seal a 2-0 win for Les Bleus .
(3) In fact, the defence, which included Joseph Yobo at centre-half, were all over the place.
(4) France 2-0 Nigeria (Griezmann 90 +1) (Yobo) Nigeria concede possession again needlessly, Omeruo passing the ball back and out for a corner down the right.
(5) The toe of Yobo ensures the ball doesn't reach Benzema in a dangerous position on the left-hand edge of the area.
(6) If there was an element of good fortune about the way Dean Marney's side-footed shot was deflected by Tim Cahill's block, wrong-footing Howard in the process, Moyes must have been furious about the manner in which Yobo gave Hunt a second chance to make the cross.
(7) He fires it low into the six-yard box, where Griezmann gets ahead of Yobo and Enyeama at the right-hand post, and flicks into the empty net.
(8) Updated at 6.55pm BST 6.53pm BST 90 min +4: That's a Yobo own goal, looking again, I'm afraid.
(9) Stephen Keshi has announced he is stepping down as the Nigeria coach following the World Cup defeat to France, while defender Joseph Yobo has retired from international football.
(10) Social Media's Peter Odemwingie has been included in Nigeria's preliminary World Cup squad, alongside Mikel John Obi, Joseph Yobo, Victor Moses and Shola Ameobi.
(11) The Former Everton defender Yobo is also on his way out.
(12) Oh, and Nigeria coach Stephen Keshi and defender Jospeh Yobo stepped down after their team's exit .
(13) Subs: Yobo, Uzoenyi, Gabriel, Egwuekwe, Odemwingie, Odunlami, Ejide, Babatunde, Nwofor, Uchebo, Agbim, Ameobi Referee: Carlos Vera (Ecuador) Updated at 7.17pm BST 1.09pm BST Preamble Iran v Nigeria.
(14) Antoine Griezmann, Joseph Yobo and Vincent Enyeama look at the ball as it rolls towards the goal.
(15) The set piece, aimed towards Yobo at the near post, comes to nothing, but this is a nice open start.
(16) Nigeria make one enforced change, with Victor Moses replacing Michael Babatunde, who broke his left wrist against Argentina (or had it broken for him by a shot from the Gigi Riva de nos jours , his own team-mate Ogenyi Onazi): Enyeama, Ambrose, Yobo, Oshaniwa, Omeruo, Musa, Onazi, Mikel, Moses, Odemwingie, Emenike.
(17) On comes Joseph Yobo, who's making his 98th appearance for Nigeria.
(18) Stephen Hunt's cross from the left, made into a high looping delivery by a deflection off the head of Joseph Yobo, should have been easily dealt with but Sylvain Distin and Leighton Baines got in each other's way and the ball sat up nicely for Jozy Altidore to shoot.
(19) The president’s in favour and so is the sporting director.” Moyes talks about watching Joseph Yobo at Marseille, getting Tim Cahill, Andy Johnson and Phil Jagielka from the Championship, writing 24 reports on Joleon Lescott before eventually signing him, endless drives to Molineux.