(v. i.) To gather matter; to swell and come to a head, as a pimple.
(1) Meanwhile Bradley Beal has developed into a dangerous second option and complementary sidekick in exactly the same way that Dion Waiters hasn't for the Cleveland Cavaliers.
(2) Beale said: "Our performance has been substantially affected by the low interest rate environment and the dramatic fall in commercial property valuations, which have led to compression in our margin and a sustained higher level of impairments in line with our experience during the second half of last year."
(3) Congenital contractural arachnodactyly (CCA) was described by Beals and Hecht as an autosomal dominant disorder distinct from Marfan syndrome and comprising joint contractures, arachnodactyly, scoliosis, and a distinct "crumpled ear" deformity.
(4) It has been made by in-house agency ITV Creative by producers Laurie Smith, Kirsty Beale and Grant Hawksworth.
(5) Eight members of a 3-generation kindred of Indian descent with congenital contractural arachnodactyly (Beals syndrome) have been appraised.
(6) The issue has refused to go away despite Livingstone insisting he used the company to pay three other people, including his wife, Emma Beal.
(7) We feel comfortable in barbershops to have an opinion,” Beale said.
(8) For Beale – known as “Woody” to his friends – the barbershop trip is not just a quick in-and-out appointment.
(9) Nightlife Beale Street is "home of the blues" with bars, clubs and live music nightly.
(10) Paul Dacre was the unanimous choice," said the code committee secretary, Ian Beales.
(11) Duerward Beale goes to his local barbershop in Philadelphia , Pennsylvania, two or three times a month.
(12) The Synechocystis 6803 amino acid sequence shows significant similarity upon alignment with HemA sequences from E. coli, Bacillus subtilis, Salmonella typhimurium, and Chlorobium vibrioforme but does not contain the amino acid sequence derived from the N terminus of the previously purified GluTR protein (Rieble, S., and Beale, S. I.
(13) The Wizards appeared to have fixed their home-court demons when Bradley Beal stole a rebound then hit a 3-pointer at the other end to put the Wizards up 74-73 with 8½ minutes to play.
(14) Leading actor Winner: Ben Whishaw – Richard II (The Hollow Crown) Derek Jacobi – Last Tango In Halifax Sean Bean – Accused (Tracie's Story) Toby Jones – The Girl Leading actress Winner: Sheridan Smith – Mrs Biggs Anne Reid – Last Tango In Halifax Rebecca Hall – Parade's End Sienna Miller – The Girl Supporting actor Winner: Simon Russell Beale – Henry IV Part 2 (The Hollow Crown) Peter Capaldi – The Hour Stephen Graham – Accused (Tracie's Story) Harry Lloyd – The Fear Supporting actress Winner: Olivia Colman – Accused (Mo's Story) Anastasia Hille – The Fear Imelda Staunton – The Girl Sarah Lancashire – Last Tango In Halifax Performance in an entertainment programme Winner: Alan Carr for Alan Carr: Chatty Man Graham Norton for The Graham Norton Show Ant and Dec for I'm a Celebrity … Get Me Out Of Here!
(15) I mention something that the actor Simon Russell Beale once said to me, that all performers are trying to please either their mother or their father.
(16) To tackle these issues, Beale wants to recruit and train barbers to help cut through some of the mistrust.
(17) Beale explained that because it took time to set up a new company and many commercial insurance policies were renewed at the start of January, Lloyd’s had to act now to ensure its Brussels subsidiary was up and running by the middle of next year.
(18) "We're already there and offering these loans," said Beale.
(19) Anne-Marie Duff taking on one of the biggest roles in American playwriting, a long-awaited musical by Tori Amos and a gala night celebrating the theatre's history are all on the menu for the National Theatre's 50th anniversary year – not to mention the prospect of Sam Mendes returning to the stage to direct Simon Russell Beale in King Lear early in 2014.
(20) WSTA chief executive Miles Beale said: “There are many reasons why people may not feel like celebrating 2016 but the WSTA are pleased to give you something happy to reflect on – 2016 can now be remembered as the ‘Great British Gin Take Off’.” According to the WSTA, the next fastest growing category was sparkling wine including champagne which rose 12%, ahead of beer which rose 2% and wine which fell by 1%.
(n.) The flesh of a calf when killed and used for food.
(1) A sensitive color reaction after two-dimensional TLC described earlier for zeranol determination in veal samples is proposed for the detection of the zeranol metabolite zearalanone and the mycotoxin zearalenone.
(2) The histological findings show especially that the iron depots of the spleen were empty in all three groups and thereby in this collective no connection exists between the color of the veal and the tested dosage of iron dextran 20%.
(3) In all young calves and in most veal calves, they lie embedded in the sub-basilar portion of the thymus, from which they can usually be differentiated easily by their color.
(4) In both additional foods, subjects took in an equal amount of total purines, determined as uric acid, but RNA dominated in veal-liver, DNA in pork-spleen.
(5) A comparison of Hanks balanced salt solution, veal infusion broth (VIB), and charcoal viral transport medium for maintaining viability of type A influenza virus indicated approximately equal survival of virus on all three media at -70 and 4 degrees C, whereas at 25 degrees C virus survived best in VIB.
(6) A higher value would correspond more to a species-related keeping of veal calves than a greater width of the box.
(7) Other groups were inoculated with PI3 followed by veal infusion broth, or with uninfected cell culture fluid followed by veal infusion broth (controls).
(8) She refuses to eat veal at G8 dinners or to accept free clothes from designers.
(9) The 'immediate' bactericidal effect of LA-decontamination for beef, veal and pig carcasses, as well as for pig liver and veal brain, amounted to approximately 1.5 log cycles for the aerobic colony counts, strongly dependent on substrate and conditions of decontamination.
(10) Anyone could imitate the twice-baked potatoes at the Peddler , or turn out a veal parmesan like the Villa Capri's, but there was no way a non-Chinese person could make moo shu pork , regardless of his or her training.
(11) Specimens for verification were not selected completely randomly from the population of all calf antibiotic and sulfonamide test-positive animals and calves selected for testing were not chosen strictly by random sampling; therefore, extrapolation of the contents of this report to the bob veal calf industry must be done with caution.
(12) The object of this paper is to consider whether and to what extent a positive effect on the efficiency of the protein formation can be exerted by the application of anabolic agents using the veal calf as a model.
(13) 800g veal shoulder, cut into 4cm dice 1 tbsp plain flour Salt and black pepper 30g unsalted butter 60ml olive oil 1 large onion, peeled and roughly chopped 200ml dry white wine 8 large sage leaves Shaved skin of 1 lemon, plus 3 tbsp lemon juice 1 550g head puntarelle (or 2 heads white chicory, cut widthways into 3cm-long segments) 1 small celeriac, peeled and chopped into 2cm dice (500g net weight) 200g pancetta, cut into 1cm dice 20g capers For the salad 1 clove garlic, peeled and crushed 1 anchovy fillet, finely chopped 2 tsp red-wine vinegar 2 tbsp olive oil 1 white chicory, cut in half lengthways and then into long, 0.5cm thick wedges (or the rest of the puntarelle, if using) 80g rocket Toss the veal in flour seasoned with a teaspoon of salt and a good grind of pepper, until evenly coated, then tap off any excess.
(14) The study shows that, by the administration of 1600 mg iron as a depot injection, a better growth results with the same quality of veal.
(15) Certain milk replacers were reported to cause 19-nortestosterone (NT)-positive urine samples after feeding them to veal calves.
(16) WTO membership, if Britain moved towards freer trade, would allow it to benefit from cheaper food from outside Europe – EU prices on beef and veal are currently around 30% higher than world prices – as well as cheaper cars, textiles and other goods subject to the EU’s common external tariff.
(17) MG3 contained veal infusion broth, 1% yeast extract, 10% horse serum, 0.3 M sucrose, 0.2% MgSO4, 0.1% ferrous ammonium sulfate, 0.1% sodium citrate, and 2 mg of mycobactin J per liter.
(18) The effects of the nature of energy intake, of the slaughter weight and of the use of hormones on the quality of veal meat were studied.
(19) Another new spot, Victor (11 rue Victor Massé), offers a good deal for lunch, with a tasty €12 plat du jour that includes dishes such as tender veal sautéed with baby leeks and hazelnuts, and crisp rocket salad and roasted new potatoes.
(20) In a series of 192 N-balance studies with veal calves it was found, however, that these animals convert at an early age even more than 70 percent of the feed protein into body protein.