(conj.) By or for the cause that; on this account that; for the reason that.
(conj.) In order that; that.
(adv.) From a definite past time until now; as, he went a month ago, and I have not seen him since.
(adv.) In the time past, counting backward from the present; before this or now; ago.
(adv.) When or that.
(prep.) From the time of; in or during the time subsequent to; subsequently to; after; -- usually with a past event or time for the object.
(conj.) Seeing that; because; considering; -- formerly followed by that.
(1) Since fingernail creatinine (Ncr) reflects serum creatinine (Scr) at the time of nail formation, it has been suggested that Ncr level might represent that of Scr around 4 months previously.
(2) Since MIRD Committee has not published "S" values for Tl-200 and Tl-202, these have been calculated by a computer code and are reported.
(3) City badly missed Yaya Touré, on international duty at the Africa Cup of Nations, and have not won a league match since last April when he has been missing.
(4) This study compares the mortality of U.S. white males with that of Swedish males who have had the highest reported male life expectancies in the world since the early 1960s.
(5) Van Persie's knee injury meant that Mata could work in tandem with the delightfully nimble Kagawa, starting for the first time since 22 January.
(6) In dogs, cibenzoline given i.v., had no effects on the slow response systems, probably because of sympathetic nervous system intervention since the class 4 effects of cibenzoline appeared after beta-adrenoceptor blockade.
(7) The various evocational changes appear to form sets of interconnected systems and this complex network seems to embody some plasticity since it has been possible to suppress experimentally some of the most universal evocational events or alter their temporal order without impairing evocation itself.
(8) We considered the days of the disease and the persistence of symptoms since the admission as peculiar parameters between the two groups.
(9) Since 1987, it has become possible to obtain immature ova from the living animal and to let them mature, fertilize and develop into embryos capable of transplantation outside the body.
(10) The mobility on sodium dodecyl sulfate-polyacrylamide gel electrophoresis is anomalous since the undenatured, cross-linked proteins have the same Stokes radius as the native, uncross-linked alpha beta gamma heterotrimer.
(11) Since 1979 there has been an increase of 17,122 in the number of beds available in nursing homes.
(12) The epidemiology of HIV infection among women and hence among children has progressively changed since the onset of the epidemic in Western countries.
(13) The result has been called the biggest human upheaval since the Second World War.
(14) Since it was established, it has stoked controversy about contemporary art, though in recent years it has been more notable for its lack of sensationalism.
(15) Our Ph1-positive ALL revealed B-cell lineage leukemia, since their surface phenotype were Ia+ and CD10+ and they have rearranged immunoglobulin JH genes.
(16) Since the start of this week, markets have been more cautious, with bond yields in Spain reaching their highest levels in four months on Tuesday amid concern about the scale of the austerity measures being imposed by the government and fears that the country might need a bailout.
(17) Since the advance and return of sperm inside the tubes could facilitate the interaction of sperm with secretions participating in its maturation, the persistent infertility after vasectomy could be related to the contractile alteration that follows the excessive tubal distention.
(18) Since interferon alfa-2b (Intron A) is useful as a single agent, it is important to determine if interferon can be combined with standard chemotherapy to improve both response and survival in patients with cancer.
(19) Differentiation between these two types of lesions is of utmost importance since the surgical approach will be different.
(20) Since 1979, patients started on long-term lithium treatment at the Psychiatric Hospital in Risskov have been followed systematically with recording of clinical and laboratory variables before the start of treatment, after 6 and 12 months of treatment, and thereafter at yearly intervals.