(1) Once treatment began, no significant changes occurred in Group 1, but both PRA and A2 rose significantly in Groups 2 and 3.
(2) The Trans-Siberian railway , the greatest train journey in the world, is where our love story began.
(3) In the fall of 1975, 1,915 children in grades K through eight began a school-based program of supervised weekly rinsing with 0.2 percent aqueous solution of sodium fluoride in an unfluoridated community in the Finger Lakes area of upstate New York.
(4) The playing fields on which all those players began their journeys have been underfunded for years and are now facing a renewed crisis because of cuts to local authority budgets.
(5) Amid the passionate discussion at the NDA meeting, the two women began to develop a plan.
(6) S&P – the only one of the three major agencies not to have stripped the UK of its coveted AAA status – said it had been surprised at the pick-up in activity during 2013 – a year that began with fears of a triple-dip recession.
(7) Recognition of this deficiency in our knowledge spurred a belated explosion of research that began with an exploration of the fine structure of the mesothelium.
(8) Plays like The Workhouse Donkey (1963) and Armstrong's Last Goodnight (1964) were staged in major theatres, but as the decade progressed so his identification with the increasingly radical climate of the times began to lead away from the mainstream theatre.
(9) While the correlations between speed and accuracy reversed over time, the abnormal vision group began and ended at the most extreme levels, having undergone a significantly more radical shift in this regard.
(10) When we trained on it, my heart sunk,” Coleman said after his side began their Euro 2016 campaign with a nervous victory.
(11) He said the pullout, scaling back an intervention that began at the end of September , is due to start on Tuesday.
(12) It was like watching somebody pouring a blue liquid into a glass, it just began filling up.
(13) After two placings of shares with institutional investors which began two years ago, the government has been selling shares by “dribbling” them into the market.
(14) Office of National Statistics figures published in November last year showed that men earn 9.4% more than women, the lowest gender gap since records began in 1997.
(15) Clifford began representing the family after the media were "camped out on their door" earlier this year but said that he was not being paid by the family, added that the story should never have been in the paper.
(16) Aside from snoring, excessive daytime sleepiness was on average often the first symptom and began at a mean age of 36 years.
(17) Half a million homes were sold in Scotland, we lost a huge, huge chunk of stock, and as house prices began to escalate so any asset to the community has gone.
(18) Limited trypsin digestion of purified platelet GPIIIa yielded a mixture of two-chain molecules comprised of an N-terminal fragment disulphide-bonded to one of four fragments, which began at residues 299, 303, 353 or 423.
(19) The raids began a year ago in Marylebone, but they have recently spread to the West End.
(20) Granule cell destruction began early, and was widespread by 2 days in vitro, when oligodendrocyte destruction also began in treated cultures.
() a. & n. from Start, v.
(1) Van Persie's knee injury meant that Mata could work in tandem with the delightfully nimble Kagawa, starting for the first time since 22 January.
(2) Paradoxically, each tax holiday increases the need for the next, because companies start holding ever greater amounts of their tax offshore in the expectation that the next Republican government will announce a new one.
(3) Then a handful of organisers took a major bet on the power of people – calling for the largest climate change mobilisation in history to kick-start political momentum.
(4) It includes preincubation of diluted plasma with ellagic acid and phospholipids and a starting reagent that contains calcium and a chromogenic peptide substrate for thrombin, Tos-Gly-Pro-Arg-pNA.
(5) The distance between the end of fic and the start of pabA was 31 base pairs.
(6) At the fepB operator, a 31 base-pair Fur-protected region was identified, corresponding to positions -19 to +12 with respect to the transcriptional start site.
(7) Since the start of this week, markets have been more cautious, with bond yields in Spain reaching their highest levels in four months on Tuesday amid concern about the scale of the austerity measures being imposed by the government and fears that the country might need a bailout.
(8) Since 1979, patients started on long-term lithium treatment at the Psychiatric Hospital in Risskov have been followed systematically with recording of clinical and laboratory variables before the start of treatment, after 6 and 12 months of treatment, and thereafter at yearly intervals.
(9) Intraepidermal clefting starts at the junction between the basal and epidermal layers, and later involves all of the levels of the stratum spinosum.
(10) Matthias Müller, VW’s chief executive, said: “In light of the wide range of challenges we are currently facing, we are satisfied overall with the start we have made to what will undoubtedly be a demanding fiscal year 2016.
(11) It is time to start over with an approach to promoting wellbeing in foreign countries that is empirical rather than ideological.
(12) The treatment was started either immediately or delayed for 48 h after peritoneal inoculation.
(13) We know that several hundred thousand investors are likely to want to access their pension pots in the first weeks and months after the start of the new tax year.
(14) It became just like a soap opera: "When Brookside started it was about Scousers living next to each other and in five years' time there were bombs going off and three people buried under the patio."
(15) 2010 2 May : In a move that signals the start of the eurozone crisis, Greece is bailed out for the first time , after eurozone finance ministers agree to grant the country rescue loans worth €110bn (£84bn).
(16) That is what needs to happen for this company, which started out as a rebellious presence in the business, determined to get credit for its creative visionaries.
(17) We have now started a prospective follow-up study in order to pursue the development of (a) p-ERG amplitudes and (b) funduscopic changes and visual acuity in these patients.
(18) Dzeko he has failed to hold down a starting berth since his £27m move in January 2011.
(19) Join a Twitter book club It all started last summer, when 12,000 people took to Twitter to discuss Neil Gaiman's American Gods .
(20) The starting point is the idea that the current system, because it works against biodiversity but fails to increase productivity, is broken.