(v. t.) To gain an ascendency over by charms or incantations; to affect (esp. to injure) by witchcraft or sorcery.
(v. t.) To charm; to fascinate; to please to such a degree as to take away the power of resistance; to enchant.
(1) That might be the case in the Premier League, though the theory was made to look as shaky as some of the United defending by the superbly mobile and bewitchingly ingenious Barcelona attack.
(2) It's in this "gap" that W1A 's comedy is located, but it's also where many real-life professionals ply their trade, bamboozling the gullible and the desperate with their bewitching neologisms, barmy suggestions and bizarre leadership tests.
(3) How the way their teeth clink on a mug as they drink their tea can make you hate everything about them, even though they are the very same person you once found so bewitching?
(4) Photograph: Silvia Marchetti The Parata inlet, 3km from the crowded Frontone beach, is where Odysseus (on his way back home from burning Troy) was bewitched by the sorceress Circe, who made him her slave.
(5) Avraham was not the protector she had imagined those Sabbath nights back in the East End, when he had bewitched her with his talk.
(6) Stoke were tormented, unable to match his acceleration and bewitched by his trickery.
(7) Her adhesive control, breathtaking change of pace and vision enabled Lady Andrade to bewitch fans and bewilder opponents in equal measure as her side progressed from the group stage of a World Cup for the first time.
(8) The music and themes may have changed but his voice is still the androgynous blend of gospel, art-rock and soul that's bewitched collaborators as diverse as Hercules And Love Affair and the London Symphony Orchestra, who played two extraordinary Barbican concerts with him last year at which Antony wore a Roman toga ("It was actually a sandwich wrap") and covered Beyoncé's Crazy In Love, because "she's gorgeous".
(9) Liverpool were teetering, ragged, dispirited and barely recognisable from the side that had bewitched Anfield last season.
(10) It's bewitching stuff, albeit relatively harmless at the moment.
(11) Few things are as bewitching as an English bluebell wood in the spring, with a carpet of shimmering flowers turning the light blue under the trees, and the air laden with scent.
(12) If one perceived a salty taste, the child was called bewitched or fascinated and was feared to die soon.
(13) For instance, if a girl bleeds heavily after the cut, it is believed that she has been bewitched or has had a sexual affair with a man the previous night.
(14) Perhaps I was oblivious to its campness at the time, but I'm still haunted by the memory of a musical which, 20 years before Stoppard's Arcadia, brought past and present into collision on stage, placing slender young ghosts and middle-aged wobbling flesh side by side in an endlessly bewitching and unsentimental pas de deux of regret.
(15) The actress was a paragon of principle, a hugely talented brainbox who happened to be both bombshell and bewitcher, who rewrote the rule book for young Hollywood hot shots.
(16) A bewitching interplay of proteins, variously clothed as chemical messengers and cellular receptors, control the pace of growth and the course of progressive differentiation in blood cell types.
(17) Lous van Gaal says David de Gea may play for Manchester United again Read more United are still lacking the old stardust, and the tempo can feel bland compared to the pinball speed that once bewitched Old Trafford, but their debutants should all be better for the experience and perhaps it was inevitable that, with four new players in their starting lineup – and Bastian Schweinsteiger coming on in the second half – it would not be an entirely cohesive performance.
(18) We all know her body because she served as an unpaid model for the photographer, and her bewitching nudes were fought over.” (trans.
(19) So, maybe England are not going to bewitch everyone at Euro 2016, after all.
(20) He told Shoma Weekly that he believed "with more than 90% certainty" that Ahmadinejad had been bewitched".
(1) Fibroblasts from two such TSD patients had Hex A activity comprising 16% of total Hex when measured by thermal fractionation and quantitation with 4-methylumbelliferyl-beta-D-N-acetylglucosamine (4MUG).
(2) We have shown previously that a mutant sequence (hex-3), which differs from hex-1 by three base pairs, can no longer bind these two factors significantly.
(3) About 200 urine samples, from the various categories listed above, were analyzed for Hex A with both the heat denaturation and pH inactivation methods and the results compared with serum and leukocyte levels from many of the same individuals.
(4) Hexosaminidase in extracts from normal kidney and renal carcinoma tissue could be separated into two major forms [hexosaminidase A (Hex A) and hexosaminidase B (Hex B)] by Cellogel electrophoresis or by diethylaminoethyl cellulose column chromatography.
(5) This finding also suggests that the Hex, Mut, and PMS systems evolved from a common ancestor and that functionally similar mismatch repair systems could be widespread among procaryotic as well as eucaryotic organisms.
(6) The greatest amount of hex S activity was found in fibroblast, but it was also observed in lesser amounts in liver, kidney, intestine and placenta.
(7) At low pH, two of the latter mabs reacted only with Hex B, and it was, therefore, possible to develop enzyme immunoassays for the specific determination of Hex A and Hex B.
(8) The competitive ganglionic nicotinic blocking agent, HEX, on the other hand, inhibited both the increased locomotion produced by CRF in the home cage and also the decreased locomotion induced by CRF in the modified open field.
(9) Hex 70-Inv and Hex 532-Inv, like endogenous lysosomal enzymes, were subject to developmentally induced secretion.
(10) A hexose (Hex)2-3 branch is attached to the heptose linked directly to KDO and a GalNAc-Hex3, GlcNAc, and PEA are separately attached to the second heptose.
(11) The commonly used screening test for detection of Tay-Sachs disease (TSD) carriers is the serum Hex heat inactivation method (HIM), which is based on the assumption that Hex A is the only thermolabile component of Hex; However, in the presence of thermolabile Hex B, HIM could lead to false-negative results.
(12) HEX(C) is shown to differ from HEX(A) and HEX(B) in substrate specificity, molecular size and affinity for Concanavalin-A.
(13) The activities of beta-hexosaminidase (HEX), a lysosomal glycosidase, were studied in serum (sHEX) and urine (uHEX) among men with various drinking habits.
(14) The Hex treated dogs and cats exhibited a fall of MAP and CBF with enhancement of CVR.
(15) The electrophoretic pattern of human fibroblast extracts displays three bands (cathode to anode) of hexosaminidase: Hex B, Hex A, Hex C in normal strains, only one B band in Tay-Sachs strains, and only one C band in Sandhoff strains.
(16) Though monkey tissues also cross-reacted with human seminal plasma Hex-antisera, mouse, rat, and goat testis and epididymis extracts failed to show any cross-reaction.
(17) Hex S, the major residual beta hexosaminidase activity present in tissues, fluids, and cultured skin fibroblasts of patients with type 0 GM2 gangliosidosis, was isolated and characterized biochemically and immunologically.
(18) The persistence of a second major hexosaminidase isozyme, HEX B, does not protect against the lethal accumulation of GM2 ganglioside in the central nervous system.
(19) The results suggest that, in the patient's fibroblasts, a defect in beta-chain synthesis or processing precludes the self-association of beta-chains to form Hex B, but does not prevent the association of alpha- and beta-chains to form Hex A.
(20) Track listing: What Goes Boom Greens and Blues Indie Cindy Bagboy Magdalena 318 Silver Snail Blue Eyed Hexe Ring the Bell Another Toe in the Ocean Andro Queen Snakes Jaime Bravo Track listing for Live in the USA (feat Lenchantin on bass): Bone Machine Hey Ana Magdalena 318 Snakes Indie Cindy I’ve Been Tired Head On The Sad Punk Distance Equals Rate Times Time Something Against You Isla de Encanta Planet of Sound Reading this on mobile?