(n.) A genus of large American serpents, including the boa constrictor, the emperor boa of Mexico (B. imperator), and the chevalier boa of Peru (B. eques).
(n.) A long, round fur tippet; -- so called from its resemblance in shape to the boa constrictor.
(1) This BOA technique was used to test the hearing of 82 profoundly involved handicapped children.
(2) That may sound familiar to Tottenham fans, who grew tired with their team’s aimless, sideways passing under André Villas-Boas.
(3) If the deal is completed without a hitch the winger will join his team-mates in Hong Kong, where André Villas-Boas's side will compete in the Asia Trophy.
(4) Moreover, with the long-term injury casualty Younès Kaboul still to feature in pre-season, Jan Vertonghen out with ankle damage and William Gallas released, Villas-Boas now has only one fit, senior centre-half in Michael Dawson.
(5) "The BOA and the panel both stress that no advance notice out of competition testing is a fundamental part of ensuring an effective fight against doping in sport," he said.
(6) Revenge would be sweet, having been knocked out by PSG last season , while Chelsea’s Champions League win in 2012 came at the end of a campaign where domestically they struggled – though not quite as egregiously – after André Villas-Boas left mid-season and was replaced by Roberto Di Matteo.
(7) André Villas-Boas Villas-Boas was only 33 when he won the Europa League with Porto Gianluca Vialli Sven-Göran Eriksson Pep Guardiola You got… Perfection You hero You star You've done very well there You've done well there You've done OK there Sorry to break it to you but that's a bad score Come on.
(8) However, it is early days for Pochettino’s side and Tottenham’s credentials will be fully tested by Liverpool, whose 5-0 victory at White Hart Lane last season led to André Villas-Boas losing his job.
(9) Tottenham Hotspur have been widely criticised for not substituting the player but Villas-Boas insisted the club did nothing wrong and accused "incompetent people" of turning on Spurs solely to attract attention to themselves.
(10) Former sports minister Richard Caborn pushes for a “dual use” solution for athletics and football, but claims he is voted down by the 2012 chairman, Lord Coe, the Olympics minister, Tessa Jowell, the London mayor, Ken Livingstone, and the BOA’s Lord Moynihan.
(11) He is likely to become Villas-Boas' second major acquisition of the summer following the signing of Brazil international midfielder Paulinho from Corinthians.
(12) Significant correlations (p less than 0.01) were found between pain during walking and the psychosocial questions in the SIP, between the BOA score and questions in the SIP concerning the physical performance, and between self-selected walking speed and the physical questions.
(13) Villas-Boas paid £15m to bring the Belgian from Fulham and the signs are that he could prove a bargain, as Dembélé is emerging as one of the most complete midfielders in the Premier League, boasting strength, tenacity, creative passing, tricky dribbling and dangerous shooting.
(14) "We just let it slip in the end," André Villas-Boas acknowledged.
(15) Rodgers' doubts about working for the Spurs chairman, Daniel Levy, were reinforced on Monday when Villas-Boas' brief reign was ended after Liverpool's 5-0 rout of Tottenham's expensively assembled team the previous day.
(16) Alfred, a student of the “father of American anthropology” Franz Boas , gathered and preserved information about native peoples and traditions in California, excavated archaeological sites in Mexico and Peru, and some years before his daughter’s birth had briefly practised as a psychoanalyst.
(17) The IOC declared that the threat sent on Wednesday "appears to be a random message from a member of the public", while the BOA director of communications, Darryl Seibel, said it would not alter the stringent security operation in place to protect British athletes at the Games.
(18) The scent gland secretions of Dumeril's ground boa (Acrantophis dumerili), pooled from two adult males and a female, were analyzed by gas chromatography-mass spectrometry.
(19) Despite accepting GB Taekwondo's nomination, the BOA, which said it reserved the right to re-examine the affair in the light of an ongoing inquiry by the WTF, was highly critical of the selection procedure.
(20) After an infrared stimulus from a carbon dioxide laser, which has a monochromatic output at 10.6 micrometers, we find evoked potentials in boas with chronically implanted electrodes.
(1) BOL competitively inhibited the cytotoxicity of 5,6-DHT and neither methysergide nor cyproheptadine potentiated the effect of 5,6 DHT.
(2) Every Friday night, I pass his Little Chef in Popham, Kent, and many a night we stop there, eating our way through perfect scampi and chips, spag bol of the highest order, the bill rarely sliding north of £18 for two, with drinks .
(3) The samples of c.s.f., when tested on the rat stomach fundus preparation, caused contractions which were not due, or at most to a small degree only, to 5-hydroxytryptamine, as they were resistant to BOL.
(4) It was found that (1) electrolytic destruction of medial medulla significantly diminished the depressive responses to ACh in pulmonary and carotid arteries; (2) destruction of nucleus tractus solitarius (NTS) at the level of the medullary obex did not affect the depressive responses in both arteries; obex did not affect the depressive responses in both arteries; (3) microinjection of 5-hydroxytryptamine (5-HT) blockers, cyproheptadine and 2-bromolysergic acid diethylamide (BOL), into the fourth ventricle or medial medulla could lessen the depressive responses to ACh in pulmonary and carotid arteries; (4) microinjection of naloxone in the same way could partially abolish the depressive responses.
(5) LSD and BOL were found to be equally potent in increasing the rat brain DOPA accumulation after decarboxylase inhibition.
(6) When crude BoL-IFN containing no FBS was used for purification, BoL-IFN from a selected column fraction applied to SDS-PAGE resulted in a single narrow band with an apparent molecular weight (MW) of 19,000 Da.
(7) It is proposed in addition that LSD activates and BOL blocks 5-HT receptors that control DOPA formation.
(8) Ketanserin competes with 5-HT at the 5-HT2 receptor and with BOL at the allosteric site.
(9) Even though LSD behaved as a partial agonist and BOL as a pure antagonist, both drugs blocked the effect of serotonin in an unsurmountable manner, i.e., increasing concentrations of serotonin could not overcome the blocking effect of LSD or BOL.
(10) Arop Bol speaks with affection of the other "lost boys", the comrades in adversity from southern Sudan, whom he met along the way.
(11) Radioligand binding studies showed that preincubation of membranes with either LSD or BOL reduced the density of [3H]ketanserin binding sites, suggesting that the drugs bind tightly to the 5HT2 receptor and are not displaced during the binding assay.
(12) Lysergic acid diethylamide (LSD) and its structural analogue 2-bromo-lysergic acid diethylamide (BOL) act as unsurmountable antagonists of serotonin-elicited contractions in smooth muscle preparations.
(13) The effect of apomorphine in rats given GBL was blocked by haloperidol, but not by BOL and promethazine, whereas that of LSD was inhibited by haloperidol, BOL, and promethazine.
(14) It is suggested that in the striatum LSD and BOL block autoreceptorss (presynaptic receptors) regulating the tyrosine hydroxylation.
(15) It's just like everyone else's spag bol, except it's Lucy's.
(16) Variability of the total number of type A median neurosecretory cells in the protocerebrum was studied in Micapoda elongata Linn., Elima securigera Brunn., Holochlora indica Kirby, Neoconocephalus pallidus Reclt., Latana inflata Brunn., Gryllotalpa africana Chopard, Gryllus bimaculatus De Geer, Chrotogonus oxypterus Blanchard, Aeolopus affinis Bol., Spathosternum prasiniferum Walker, Hieroglyphus furcifer Ser., Acrida exaltata Walker, Altrastomorpha cranulata Fab., Pyrgomorpha bispinosa Walker, Cyrtacanthacris ranacea Stoll and Poecilocerus pictus Fab.
(18) The abilities of D-lysergic acid diethylamide tartrate (LSD 25), methysergide maleate (UML 491) and 2-bromo-lysergic acid diethylamide (BOL 148) to antagonize the actions of these compounds were studied.2.
(19) LSD and BOL have bimodal actions: direct inhibition and agonist blockade.
(20) The son of Dinka cattle-herding parents, Arop Bol arrived in South Africa in 2002 - 15 years after he was separated from his parents during an attack on their village.