(n.) A colonist or farmer in South Africa of Dutch descent.
(1) The Ajax coach Frank de Boer has confirmed that Tottenham Hotspur have approached the Amsterdam club to test his interest in coaching the club.
(2) De Boer's successor's first tasks will be to keep the US aboard the negotiations and to clear up the vexed question of the legal status of the Copenhagen accord , the deal struck at Copenhagen by a small group but not endorsed by a majority of countries.
(3) De Boer also endorsed the controversial idea of short-circuiting the traditional UN negotiating process of reaching agreement between all countries by consensus.
(4) Daley Blind has said he would consider a move to Manchester United if Louis van Gaal were to make a bid, with the Ajax manager, Frank de Boer, admitting the utility player is for sale at the right price.
(5) [De Boer-Buquicchio] meant sexualised depictions of childish looking characters in manga and anime.
(6) Whereas the founding fathers of democratic South Africa preached non-racialism, Malema has caused uproar with his singing of the protest song Shoot the Boer‚ a reference to Afrikaner farmers.
(7) I began to realise it was time for something else,” De Boer said on Thursday.
(8) With their opponents, De Graafschap, sitting second from bottom, Ajax were favourites to deliver a fifth title under De Boer but could manage no better than a 1-1 draw, allowing PSV to finish two points clear at the top of the table.
(9) But that on reflection "I have decided," I told the bench, "after consultation with people at the Holocaust museum and survivors [of the Holocaust] to use the term very much with reference to its proper definition which comes from the Boer war in South Africa.
(10) De Boer insisted that the Copenhagen meeting marked "very significant" political progress, but conceded that there was "absolutely miles to go" before a new deal could be finalised.
(11) For all his skills as a climate negotiator and veteran diplomat, De Boer was unable to bring countries together.
(12) "This suite of policies will take China to be a world leader on addressing climate change, and it will be quite ironic to hear that expressed tomorrow in a country (the United States) that is firmly convinced that China is doing nothing to address climate change," De Boer said.
(13) He also caused unrest by singing the apartheid-era protest lyric "Shoot the Boer".
(14) Despite von Bergmann's work in the Franco-Prussian War and Makins' experiences in the Boer conflict, military surgeons in World War I were unprepared for the nature and extent of intracranial injuries.
(15) Pierre Fitter in Delhi When the news broke that Yvo de Boer was standing down from his post at the head of the UN's Framework Convention on Climate Change, India was the first country to offer up a candidate for the role.
(16) This article is motivated by the current hypothesis [Kim et al., Psychological, Physiological and Behavioural Studies in Hearing (Delft U. P., The Netherlands, 1980); Neely, Doctoral dissertation, Washington University, St. Louis, MO (1981); de Boer, J. Acoust.
(17) De Boer told the BBC World Football Show: "Those two clubs [Liverpool and Spurs] are clubs that I think in the future I could be a manager of.
(18) "This is not an exciting meeting in the way Bali was," De Boer says.
(19) However, a furore has been raised over a "liberation" song that includes the lines "kill the boer, kill the farmer", espoused by controversial ANC youth leader Julius Malema , and recently ruled unconstitutional by the high court.
(20) It also brought him into contact with Frank de Boer, who built the creative core of his title-winning team around the teenage Eriksen's playmaking craft.
(1) 5.13pm BST "As I remember September 11, 2012, it was a routine day at our embassy," Hicks begins.
(2) "We began planning to evacuate, and took 55 people to the annexe," said Hicks.
(3) During Braxton Hicks' contractions the PI in the recorded vessels did not change.
(4) Shorten said while Hicks was “foolish to get caught up in the Afghanistan conflict” the court decision showed an injustice.
(5) "In addition, Chris wanted to make a symbolic gesture to the people of Benghazi," Hicks says.
(6) Hicks's lawyers had argued their client could not be sued under Australia's criminal profit law because the conditions at Guantanamo amounted to duress.
(7) "There was the problem with the former owners [Tom Hicks and George Gillett] and there was the fact that Kenny was so popular, but the job went to me.
(8) Hicks says he discussed "mobilizing a Tripoli response team."
(9) Facebook Twitter Pinterest Hick's team first identified the existence of the Bili chimps in 2007 but their new survey, published this week in the journal Biological Conservation , reveals a vast, thriving mega-culture.
(10) non-classifiables decelerations, loss of fluctuation, absence of Braxton-Hicks contractions) or when other monitoring techniques indicate placentar insufficiency (e.g.
(11) "The musicians that made all that great music that's enhanced your lives throughout the years were rrreal fucking high on drugs," posted another, who use six separate payments to reference comic Bill Hicks .
(12) Hicks attempted to confront the Australian attorney general, George Brandis, at a human rights event in Sydney in December, saying he was tortured at Guantánamo Bay “in the full knowledge of your party”.
(13) Outside the court, dozens of fans cheered, chanted slogans against Hicks and Gillett and serenaded the three board members with the a chorus of "You'll Never Walk Alone."
(14) We have demonstrated that both recombinant and purified IL-2 exert a direct effect on quiescent human microvascular endothelial cells in vitro, causing the cells to enter the cell cycle and proliferate (Hicks et al., 1989).
(15) 5.19pm BST Hicks describes a frantic round of phone calls to the Libyan government and military for intervention.
(16) Keith Oliver, a lawyer at the duo's solicitors Peter & Peter, said he was consulting with Hicks and Gillett on their next steps.
(17) The bank is seeking a ruling that Hicks and Gillett breached a contract signed when they refinanced in April, giving Broughton the power to appoint the board and effective control of the sale process.
(18) Lim's public release of a letter sent to the Liverpool board, as court proceedings began, could be seen to aid the argument of Hicks and Gillett.
(19) The company, which also owns the Hollister and Gilly Hicks lingerie brands, has been the subject of boycotts from feminist groups – for T-shirts that read "Who needs a brain when you have these?"
(20) This theory leads to a new "law" that is put forward as a replacement for Hick's law.