(1) BOL competitively inhibited the cytotoxicity of 5,6-DHT and neither methysergide nor cyproheptadine potentiated the effect of 5,6 DHT.
(2) Every Friday night, I pass his Little Chef in Popham, Kent, and many a night we stop there, eating our way through perfect scampi and chips, spag bol of the highest order, the bill rarely sliding north of £18 for two, with drinks .
(3) The samples of c.s.f., when tested on the rat stomach fundus preparation, caused contractions which were not due, or at most to a small degree only, to 5-hydroxytryptamine, as they were resistant to BOL.
(4) It was found that (1) electrolytic destruction of medial medulla significantly diminished the depressive responses to ACh in pulmonary and carotid arteries; (2) destruction of nucleus tractus solitarius (NTS) at the level of the medullary obex did not affect the depressive responses in both arteries; obex did not affect the depressive responses in both arteries; (3) microinjection of 5-hydroxytryptamine (5-HT) blockers, cyproheptadine and 2-bromolysergic acid diethylamide (BOL), into the fourth ventricle or medial medulla could lessen the depressive responses to ACh in pulmonary and carotid arteries; (4) microinjection of naloxone in the same way could partially abolish the depressive responses.
(5) LSD and BOL were found to be equally potent in increasing the rat brain DOPA accumulation after decarboxylase inhibition.
(6) When crude BoL-IFN containing no FBS was used for purification, BoL-IFN from a selected column fraction applied to SDS-PAGE resulted in a single narrow band with an apparent molecular weight (MW) of 19,000 Da.
(7) It is proposed in addition that LSD activates and BOL blocks 5-HT receptors that control DOPA formation.
(8) Ketanserin competes with 5-HT at the 5-HT2 receptor and with BOL at the allosteric site.
(9) Even though LSD behaved as a partial agonist and BOL as a pure antagonist, both drugs blocked the effect of serotonin in an unsurmountable manner, i.e., increasing concentrations of serotonin could not overcome the blocking effect of LSD or BOL.
(10) Arop Bol speaks with affection of the other "lost boys", the comrades in adversity from southern Sudan, whom he met along the way.
(11) Radioligand binding studies showed that preincubation of membranes with either LSD or BOL reduced the density of [3H]ketanserin binding sites, suggesting that the drugs bind tightly to the 5HT2 receptor and are not displaced during the binding assay.
(12) Lysergic acid diethylamide (LSD) and its structural analogue 2-bromo-lysergic acid diethylamide (BOL) act as unsurmountable antagonists of serotonin-elicited contractions in smooth muscle preparations.
(13) The effect of apomorphine in rats given GBL was blocked by haloperidol, but not by BOL and promethazine, whereas that of LSD was inhibited by haloperidol, BOL, and promethazine.
(14) It is suggested that in the striatum LSD and BOL block autoreceptorss (presynaptic receptors) regulating the tyrosine hydroxylation.
(15) It's just like everyone else's spag bol, except it's Lucy's.
(16) Variability of the total number of type A median neurosecretory cells in the protocerebrum was studied in Micapoda elongata Linn., Elima securigera Brunn., Holochlora indica Kirby, Neoconocephalus pallidus Reclt., Latana inflata Brunn., Gryllotalpa africana Chopard, Gryllus bimaculatus De Geer, Chrotogonus oxypterus Blanchard, Aeolopus affinis Bol., Spathosternum prasiniferum Walker, Hieroglyphus furcifer Ser., Acrida exaltata Walker, Altrastomorpha cranulata Fab., Pyrgomorpha bispinosa Walker, Cyrtacanthacris ranacea Stoll and Poecilocerus pictus Fab.
(18) The abilities of D-lysergic acid diethylamide tartrate (LSD 25), methysergide maleate (UML 491) and 2-bromo-lysergic acid diethylamide (BOL 148) to antagonize the actions of these compounds were studied.2.
(19) LSD and BOL have bimodal actions: direct inhibition and agonist blockade.
(20) The son of Dinka cattle-herding parents, Arop Bol arrived in South Africa in 2002 - 15 years after he was separated from his parents during an attack on their village.
(n.) A concave vessel of various forms (often approximately hemispherical), to hold liquids, etc.
(n.) Specifically, a drinking vessel for wine or other spirituous liquors; hence, convivial drinking.
(n.) The contents of a full bowl; what a bowl will hold.
(n.) The hollow part of a thing; as, the bowl of a spoon.
(n.) A ball of wood or other material used for rolling on a level surface in play; a ball of hard wood having one side heavier than the other, so as to give it a bias when rolled.
(n.) An ancient game, popular in Great Britain, played with biased balls on a level plat of greensward.
(n.) The game of tenpins or bowling.
(v. t.) To roll, as a bowl or cricket ball.
(v. t.) To roll or carry smoothly on, or as on, wheels; as, we were bowled rapidly along the road.
(v. t.) To pelt or strike with anything rolled.
(v. i.) To play with bowls.
(v. i.) To roll a ball on a plane, as at cricket, bowls, etc.
(v. i.) To move rapidly, smoothly, and like a ball; as, the carriage bowled along.
(1) After friends heard that he was on them, Brumfield started observing something strange: “If we had people over to the Super Bowl or a holiday season party, I’d notice that my medicines would come up short, no matter how good friends they were.” Twice people broke into his house to get to the drugs.
(2) If you turn the bowl upside down, the whites should be stiff enough not to fall out.
(3) With their 43-8 win , the Seahawks did more than just produce one of the most dominant performances in Super Bowl history, they gave the city of Seattle its first major professional sports win in 35 years .
(4) Put in a large bowl, add the parsley, oil and lemon juice, and gently toss.
(5) Place the blackberries in a bowl and scatter over the caster sugar and orange zest.
(6) Two weeks later the Colts would prevail 29-17 at Super Bowl XLI.
(7) The restaurant was already castigated by Channel Four News for serving £4 bowls of cereal in a borough in which thousands of poor families can’t afford to feed their children.
(8) Tip out the mix into a large bowl and add the sugar.
(9) Bowles achieved a total of 70,300 votes, while Mansell had 65,923 – a difference of 4,377.
(10) Through small and large acts of deprivation and destruction we follow the process: the removal of hope, of dignity, of luxury, of necessity, of self; the reduction of a man to a hoarder of grey slabs of bread and the scrapings of a soup bowl (wonderfully told all this, with a novelist's gift for detail and sometimes very nearly comic surprise), to the confinement of a narrow bed – in which there is "not even any room to be afraid" – with a stranger who doesn't speak your language, to the cruel illogicality of hating a fellow victim of oppression more than you hate the oppressor himself – one torment following another, and even the bleak comfort of thinking you might have touched rock bottom denied you as, when the most immediate cause of a particular stress comes to an end, "you are grievously amazed to see that another one lies behind; and in reality a whole series of others".
(11) The responses appeared to refer directly to Operation Sovereign Borders, but the immigration department secretary, Martin Bowles, later interjected to clarify that they were meant as general responses to operational matters.
(12) x head "We have the begging bowl out to Europe in the hope of stabilising our economy.
(13) Melissa Miller, an associated professor of political science at Bowling Green state university in northern Ohio, said it was notable that Obama and his running mate, Joe Biden, made many more visits to Ohio campuses this year.
(14) For a time it did indeed appear as though Manning was destined to follow the same path as Marino – his great idol – remembered as one of the all-time greats but forever haunted over his failure to win a Super Bowl.
(15) To make the ricotta cakes, separate the egg yolks from the whites, putting the whites into a bowl large enough to beat them in.
(16) Roberts, who has also streaked at the Super Bowl and Royal Ascot, scored in the Liverpool v Chelsea Carling Cup game at Anfield in 2000 and the 2002 Champions League final, between Real Madrid and Bayer Leverkusen.
(17) That will end the college football season, but hey I just realized that the NFL Playoffs are still going on which means we'll have more football liveblogging here at the Guardian starting again this weekend where we will cover every game up to the Super Bowl.
(18) Thirty-five normal-hearing listeners' speech discrimination scores were obtained for the California Consonant Test (CCT) in four noise competitors: (1) a four talker complex (FT), (2) a nine-talker complex developed at Bowling Green State University (BGMTN), (3) cocktail party noise (CPN), and (4) white noise (WN).
(19) I’ve seen them listed at odds as long as 33-1 for the Super Bowl, which definitely seemed too long to me.
(20) Last year in a Radar accessible toilet I discovered a dirty syringe in the bowl.