(n.) A thin nail, usually small, with a slight projection at the top on one side instead of a head; also, a small wire nail, with a flat circular head; sometimes, a small, tapering, square-bodied finishing nail, with a countersunk head.
(1) Kelly and KR continued to toil in the Wembley heat to no avail and after the forward Brad Singleton charged over for Leeds’ next, their race was well and truly run.
(2) The England midfielder exchanged passes with Rooney before bursting into the penalty area and beating Brad Guzan at his near post.
(3) Seven other people will attend: Amy, Brad, Beth, Charles, Debbie, Emily and Frances.
(4) Facebook Twitter Pinterest Watch the trailer for Tomorrowland May brings us Tomorrowland, the latest movie from Brad Bird of The Incredibles and Ratatouille fame.
(6) BBC Worldwide has been criticised by the corporation's governing body for incurring a "significant financial loss", after selling Lonely Planet to US billionaire Brad Kelley for almost £80m less than it paid for the travel guides business.
(7) The Bolton player may end up featuring more in the Gold Cup than these World Cup qualifiers, but who knows what twists and turns lie ahead — it’s not as if a year ago anyone was anticipating Landon Donovan not being picked for a squad he was eligible for... Here’s the US roster in full: GOALKEEPERS: Brad Guzan (Aston Villa), Tim Howard (Everton), Sean Johnson (Chicago Fire) DEFENDERS: DaMarcus Beasley (Puebla), Matt Besler (Sporting Kansas City), Geoff Cameron (Stoke City), Omar Gonzalez (LA Galaxy), Clarence Goodson (Brondby), Michael Parkhurst (Augsburg) MIDFIELDERS: Brad Davis (Houston Dynamo), Brad Evans (Seattle Sounders FC), Stuart Holden (Bolton), Jermaine Jones (Schalke), Sacha Kljestan (Anderlecht), Graham Zusi (Sporting Kansas City) FORWARDS: Jozy Altidore (AZ Alkmaar), Terrence Boyd (Rapid Vienna), Clint Dempsey (Tottenham Hotspur), Herculez Gomez (Santos), Eddie Johnson (Seattle Sounders FC) More on Belgium in a minute 12.25am BST Preamble Hello, Cleveland!
(8) Having given his marker the slip, Sturridge picked up the ball on the edge of the penalty area, turned Antonio Luna inside-out, then somehow shimmied his way around Brad Guzan and fired the ball high into the roof of the net in order to avoid two defenders who'd rushed back to man the line.
(9) Brad Guzan produced a superb save to deny Ayew, rushing off his line to smother a left-foot shot from six yards out, and 33 seconds later the Swansea forward’s brother had the ball in the net at the other end.
(10) "Once you've lawfully collected that information, subsequently querying that information isn't a search under the fourth amendment, it's information already in the government's custody," Justice Department attorney Brad Weigmann contended in March.
(11) Brad Howard, a real estate agent and lifelong Democrat who is now backing Trump, attended the rally in Lynden .
(12) Michael Kightly was denied a leveller by Brad Guzan with nearly an hour gone but when When Jores Okore pulled down the substitute Lukas Jutkiewicz with four minutes to go, Ings stayed calm to equalise from the spot.
(13) It’s a “magic sentence” said Brad Templeton, a self-driving car expert who consulted with Google.
(14) "The cold-blooded killing of Prajob marks yet another example of the fundamental failure of Thai authorities to protect activists who risk their lives while defending their communities," said Human Rights Watch's Asia director, Brad Adams.
(15) Problem solving: Alan-Amy-Emily-Brad-Beth-Charles-Debbie-Frances is one possible solution; there are 11 others
(16) Speaking from San Francisco, where one of the organisation's headquarters is based, Asia director Brad Adams said he often met Australian ambassadors throughout Asia in his travels but has not been able to engage with them properly because of a lack of an Australian presence.
(17) Aung San Suu Kyi looks to Myanmar poll victory at climax of lifelong campaign Read more “Long lines of voters on 8 November won’t make these fundamentally flawed elections free and fair,” said Brad Adams, Asia director at Human Rights Watch.
(18) Brad Friedel (Tottenham) Still going at the age of 43, the goalkeeper could this season become the oldest player ever to play in the Premier League.
(19) Brad Pitt has said that he sees himself quitting acting in three years, when he turns 50.
(20) The Belgian held off Ciaran Clark to wriggle infield and spit a shot which flew through Brad Guzan’s legs at the near post.
(v. t.) To pound, beat, rub, or grind small or fine.
(v. i.) To utter a loud, harsh cry, as an ass.
(v. i.) To make a harsh, grating, or discordant noise.
(v. t.) To make or utter with a loud, discordant, or harsh and grating sound.
(n.) The harsh cry of an ass; also, any harsh, grating, or discordant sound.
(n.) A bank; the slope of a hill; a hill. See Brae, which is now the usual spelling.
(1) It would strike a blow against its excessively adversarial ways of working, the two sides of a divided house braying at each other across the floor.
(2) This is a gladiatorial display – that is what people go to see.” Bray added: “The popular knee-jerk reaction will be we should ban airshows, but it’s very rare for such a crash to take place.
(3) Indeed watching the prime minister singling out unemployed youngsters for uniquely punitive measures while pretending it is for their own good, cheered on by a gang of braying chums, it looks less like the behaviour of a national statesman and more like the petty vindictiveness of a schoolyard bully.
(4) Bray and other Carrier workers said that their union, the United Steelworkers, had repeatedly reached out to Pence in the weeks after the closings were announced and that he hadn’t responded to the union and had not helped at all.
(5) The objective of this study was to test the application of the system which incorporated the Bray concept to PVI measures in head injured patients.
(6) The computer incorporated the Bray concept for PVI estimation.
(7) Earlier he was seen leaving his riverside home in Bray, Berkshire, by boat.
(8) Rules like – for example – "no applause" have led to baying and braying to produce the same effect.
(9) Angie Bray, a loyalist who had threatened to resign as ministerial aide to the shadow cabinet office minister Francis Maude, was highly critical of the Lib Dems.
(10) The studies by Wever and Bray, as well as, Ruben's team of Baltimore underline the significance of potentials expressing electrical activity of cochlea and acoustic nerve fibres.
(11) Oxfam spokesman Ian Bray said the shortfall reflected the incipient nature of the crisis, adding that people and governments tend to respond more decisively after the event.
(12) On the way you could stop off at the seaside town of Bray (Dart train from Dublin Connolly, €6.85 return) as we did, then jump on a bus to Enniskerry (€2.70) and walk up to Powerscourt House.
(13) And anyway, I’d suffer many a braying account manager (and a truly terrifyingly fast lift) for that view: breathtaking at any time of day, but taking on a particular drama at sunset and sunrise when London’s skyline is framed by horizontal rays.
(14) The idea of England and Wales as some monochrome expanse, full of nostalgia and nastiness, is serially wrecked Looking back at the very real woes that preceded the party’s breakthrough, there seems to be some implicit suggestion that a huge crowd of true believers always knew things were on track but could not be heard above the hostile braying.
(15) Photograph: United Steel Workers “Trump talks a big game about Carrier, but I don’t support him,” said TJ Bray, an assembly line worker for 14 years at Carrier’s furnace factory here.
(16) According to David Bray, author of Social Space and Governance in Urban China , not only did the walled city “embody a complex array of cosmologically determined symbolic spaces, designed to reinforce the might of the emperor and his government, but also, in its simple grid design it provided the template for the ordering of everyday social life.” Facebook Twitter Pinterest Night view of Changan Avenue, the 10-lane thoroughfare which slices east-west through the city.
(17) "If I were leader, I would breed sharks with lasers for eyes that play soccer," brays Bruce Cooper.
(18) It’s designed to mitigate traffic generation from new development,” says Bray.
(19) "It's important the international community gets together and starts pledging money for this crisis," added Bray.
(20) Data is also presented which indicates that liquid scintillation counting could be carried out by placing cut-off Ausria-125 test tubes in counting vials containing 10 ml of either Brays, Unogel, or Instagel solutions.