(n.) An implement for braying and spreading ink in hand printing.
(n.) One that brays like an ass.
(1) The alpha-amino group of Met-1 was relatively unreactive in both the free and bound protein, which indicated that the amino terminus is not as exposed in solution as in the crystal structure (Brayer, G.D., and McPherson, A.
(2) Dipolar paramagnetic shifts for protons of yeast iso-1-cytochrome c have been calculated by using an optimized g-tensor and the X-ray crystallographic coordinates of the reduced form of yeast iso-1-cytochrome c [Louie, G. V., & Brayer, G. D. (1990) J. Mol.
(3) One implication of our results is that the Brayer and McPherson model for the helical gene 5 protein-DNA complex, which has 5 nucleotides bound per protein monomer (G. Brayer and A. McPherson, J. Biomol.
(4) The deductions from nuclear magnetic resonance data are compared with the differences in the crystal structures of the reduced forms of wild-type protein and the F82S variant [Louie, G. V., Pielak, G. J., Smith, M., & Brayer, G. D. (1988) Biochemistry 27, 7870-7876].
(5) The data indicate that Ser 214, although conserved among serine proteases and hydrogen bonded to the catalytic triad [Brayer, G. D., Delbaere, L. T. J., & James, M. N. G. (1979) J. Mol.
(6) This phenylalanine residue has previously been shown to be invariant in all mitochondrial cytochromes c, located near the exposed heme edge in proximity to the heme 3-CH3, and may function as a mediator in electron transfer reactions [Louie, G. V., Pielak, G. J., Smith, M. & Brayer, G. D. (1988) Biochemistry 27, 7870-7876].
(n.) An ass; or (less frequently) a mule.
(n.) A stupid or obstinate fellow; an ass.
(1) Plays like The Workhouse Donkey (1963) and Armstrong's Last Goodnight (1964) were staged in major theatres, but as the decade progressed so his identification with the increasingly radical climate of the times began to lead away from the mainstream theatre.
(2) You’d think Michael Foot himself was running, attending debates in a hammer and sickle-print donkey jacket, from the amount we’ve been talking about him.
(3) A study of gonadotrophin production in horses and donkeys bearing hybrid foals has yielded fascinating results about the immunology of pregnancy.
(4) Leukocyte microsomal HMG-CoA reductase, first immobilized onto a nitrocellulose filter, is sequentially reacted with 1) monospecific, polyclonal rabbit anti-rat liver HMG-CoA reductase antiserum, which crossreacts with the human liver and leukocyte enzymes; 2) biotinylated donkey anti-rabbit immunoglobulin; 3) a streptavidin-horseradish peroxidase conjugate; and 4) 4-chloro-1-naphthol and H2O2 to visualize the quantity of horseradish peroxidase bound to the immunocomplex.
(5) Four books of his songs have been published, as well as a children's song book called Little Donkey, with illustrations by J Patrick Lewis.
(6) Hagere Selam remains a modest place of mudwalled shops with corrugated roofs, cows, donkeys and sheep wandering unpaved streets and children idling away an afternoon at table football – a generation with no memory of the famine that killed hundreds of thousands and woke up the world.
(7) A llama, a miniature horse, and a miniature donkey with severe bilateral congenital flexural deformities of the metacarpophalangeal and metatarsophalangeal joints were treated successfully by arthrodesis with dynamic compression plating or external skeletal fixation.
(8) The incidence of hydatidosis in donkeys and the relationship of the domestic cycle to the wildlife cycle operating in the same area is unknown and requires further study.
(9) Many arrive on donkeys from Turkey, but there is no way of knowing which products are counterfeit and which are real.
(10) Best-known for creating Donkey Kong and Super Mario Bros , Shigeru Miyamoto is an acclaimed games designer and general manager of Nintendo's entertainment analysis and development division.
(11) Leucocytes from the blood of adult and young donkeys (Equus asinus L.), adult horses (Equus caballus L.), adult mules (Equus asinus x Equus caballus) and adult pigs (Sus scrofa L.) were obtained in a high degree of purity (99.9%) using Na2-EDTA-dextrans mixtures.
(12) Her latest show War Donkey is at the Assembly Rooms.
(13) In October 2013, in a sign of how bad things had become, the imam of Yarmouk’s largest mosque issued a fatwa that permitted people to eat cats, dogs and donkeys.
(14) In vivo mucus transport rates were studied in humans and donkeys by external measurement of the rate of clearance of insoluble monodisperse gamma-tagged aerosols.
(15) Erythrocytes of guinea-pig, rabbit, hamster, rat, chicken, dog and donkey formed a lower percentage of rosettes.
(16) A 246 bp cDNA clone representing the C-terminal region of the donkey (Equus asinus) chorionic gonadotrophin (CG)-beta subunit was isolated from a placental library.
(17) • Gîtes (sleeping 4-7 from €450 a week, 020-3603 1160, babyfriendlyboltholes.co.uk Croas Men farm, near Morlaix Accommodation options at this unusual campsite include ridge tents and a gypsy caravan but the best option for families is La Maisonnette, a simple wooden house overlooking a donkey meadow.
(18) "The hut has been in the same family for donkey's years," he said.
(19) Four out of the 6 donkeys had B. equi antibodies while 2 of them had detectable parasitaemia.
(20) Thus it was possible to separate histochemically the TA muscle in the rostral (pars ventricularis) and caudal (pars vocalis) portions which are related to the VE and the VO muscles of the dog, horse and donkey.