(n.) The soft naked sheath at the base of the beak of birds of prey, parrots, and some other birds. See Beak.
(v. t.) To wax; to cover or close with wax.
(1) These results indicate that corticosteroids commonly used in the management of cere
(2) There’s a steadily growing number of companies and investors calling for stronger climate policies, many of them members of Ceres’ Businesses for Innovative Climate & Energy Policy (BICEP) and Investor Network on Climate Risk (INCR) .
(3) Because those organisations, groups like As You Sow, CERES, and the Interfaith Center on Corporate Responsibility, managed in very short order to get Exxon Mobil, the leader of the fossil fuel industry, to show its cards.
(4) Meanwhile the Ceres report, launched by its president Mindy Lubber, highlights not only the widespread environmental and social impact of oil sands development, but also the high production costs and limited market for this fuel, for which companies have committed $200 billion in investments.
(5) Other investors, including the Ceres coalition which manages $3tn collectively, have demanded fossil fuel companies confront openly the risk of a "carbon bubble" , by either diverting their investment to clean energy or giving the money back to shareholders.
(6) We have recently joined the Ceres Business for Innovative Climate and Energy Policy, in an effort to advocate for more meaningful energy and climate legislation.
(7) Ceres also directs the US-based Investor Network on Climate Risk, a network of 110 institutional investors with collective assets totaling about $13tn.
(8) Both transmission and scanning electron microscopical techniques were used to study the ultrastructural morphology of the epidermal barrier in the cere of the domestic racing pigeon.
(9) The resolutions and upcoming engagements build on the Carbon Asset Risk Initiative , an effort – launched last year by Ceres, Carbon Tracker and 75 investors – aimed at 45 of the world’s largest fossil fuel companies.
(10) Mars Mars signed the Ceres letter supporting the EPA Clean Power Plan.
(11) The revelations come just 24 hours before Shell's annual general meeting and on the day when Ceres, a coalition of a investors and environmentalists, launches its own survey warning that Canadian tar sands extraction could pose an even bigger risk to an oil company share price than the US rig disaster which has knocked $30bn (£20.6bn) off the value of BP.
(12) In the 1 mA groups, significant differences in step-through latencies were measured between 0.9% saline- and E021-pretreated animals on retention day 11 and between saline and CERE on retention days 9 and 13.
(13) Plans for an electric car charging point in every new home in Europe Read more “Investors expect the industry to embark upon a smoother route to future prosperity by developing and implementing long-term business strategies that are resilient to climate change and resulting regulatory shifts.” Sustainable returns Chris Davis, senior programme director of the Ceres Investor Network on Climate Risk , another IIGCC member, agrees.
(14) Ceres circulated the letter, which was published in full-page ads in the Washington Post and Financial Times.
(15) "I can say conclusively that the hacked emails are just blips of information that will have absolutely no impact whatsoever on the push to get policymakers to back the science," said Anne Kelly, the policy director at Ceres, a sustainable business network whose members include PepsiCo, American Airlines and Bloomberg.
(16) Triacylglycerol lipase (EC 184.108.40.206) from rape (Brassica napus L. cv Ceres) is quite easily prepared from the 100,000 x g supernatant of cotyledon homogenates.
(17) Lipase (EC 220.127.116.11) from oilseed rape (Brassica napus L., cv Ceres) hydrolyzes triacylglycerols containing a broad range of fatty acids at similar rates.
(18) The environmental consulting group Ceres argues that the city that was the centre of the foreclosure crisis is hardly in a position to take on a construction project that it claims could cost well over $15bn.
(19) Mindy Lubber, president of Ceres, said the action by the banks and the food industry, along with China’s promise to enact a cap-and-trade program to curb climate emissions, are beginning to shift the debate in the US.
(20) "These big pipelines are a throwback to the early days of the development of the west," said Sharlene Leurig of Ceres.
(a.) [OE. seer, AS. sear (assumed) fr. searian to wither; akin to D. zoor dry, LG. soor, OHG. sor/n to to wither, Gr. a"y`ein to parch, to dry, Skr. /ush (for sush) to dry, to wither, Zend hush to dry. Ã152. Cf. Austere, Sorrel, a.] Dry; withered; no longer green; -- applied to leaves.
(a.) Dry; withered. Same as Sear.
(n.) Claw; talon.
(1) GTT proved to be normal in all the women; there sere no signs pointing to the possibility of prediabetic state.
(2) Ini tidak hanya menyebabkan frekuensi banjir yang lebih sering, tapi juga berpotensi merusak saluran air bersih terpipa maupun sistem pembuangan air kotor.
(3) The estrogen-induced hepatic synthesis of the serine-rich protein, phosvitin, in chickens is accompanied by an increase in the serine acceptance of total hepatic tRNA, which is limited to two sering isoacceptors.
(4) Some of the neutral fractions that have been demonstrated to cause tumor promotion in mice pretreated with 7,12-dimethylbenz-[aA1ANTHRACENE sere inactive as tumor initiators.
(5) Control sere (normal serum, anti-ova or anti-S or anti-P sera are inefficient.
(6) Dapat dimengerti bahwa kita sering kali menggantungkan harapan di pundak para politisi, tapi berharap politik akan dapat mengubah status quo secara mendasar hanyalah khayalan.
(7) The serological cross-reactions of T. mutans (Ationg) with other strains of T. mutans isolated in East and South Africa sere investigated as were the serological cross-reaction of T, mutans (Aitong) and other species of Theileria.
(8) The serine-glycine interconversion is catalyzed by the folic acid containing enzyme sering hydroxymethyltransferase, and a deficiency of this vitamin decreases the effectiveness of serine in meeting the chick's dietary need for glycine.
(9) Yang tidak terlihat bahkan lebih buruk: Jakarta tenggelam dengan kecepatan 20cm setiap tahun Banjir juga bertambah sering: dari yang awalnya hanya setiap lima tahun sekali, menjadi banjir di setiap musim hujan, dan kini banjir hadir saat hujan turun lebih dari tiga jam.
(10) These extracts sere fractionated by micropreparative electrophoresis on polyacrylamide gels.
(11) These probably caused inflammatory changes which sere reflected in an increase of the cellular content and high enzyme levels (acid phosphatase and 5-nucleotidase) of the synovial fluid.
(12) The maximal changes in aerobic metabolism and body temperature sere similar, while the changes in lactate, potassium, hydrogen ion and catecholamine concentrations were smaller than those observed following halothane.
(13) These three instruments are based on the principle of absorption of infra-red radiation in the 9.5 um region and are the Drager Alcotest 7110, Siemens Alcomat V5.2F and Seres Ethylometre 679.
(14) Newly synthesized calsequestrin and adenosine triphosphatase (ATPase) sere isolated by antibody precipitation, followed by separation of the precipitates in SDS-polyacrylamide gels.