(1) They are characterized by primary-like and chopper discharge patterns.
(2) Inbred strain ACI rats of both sexes were divided into 4 groups; Group 1 received a diet containing the unprocessed bracken dried at a room temperature of below 30 degrees, Group 2 received a diet containing bracken dried at 70 approximately 90 degrees with a hot, forced draft, and Group 3 received the diet containing processed bracken that had been minced to a paste-like consistency using a mechanical chopper.
(3) Outside, there’s no sign of life except one bearded oaf on a chopper and a kid at the back door, holding a picture of Hot Fuss-era Brandon Flowers , praying for a brief encounter.
(4) In INLL and VNLLm, response patterns are about equally distributed between tonic, chopping, and phasic; there are no single-spike constant-latency responses of the type seen in VNLLc, although some choppers and pausers do respond with constant first-spike latency.
(5) Compared to available filter wheel and chopper devices, the rapid scan monochromator has advantages of rapid and software-selectable wavelength control, excellent optical alignment, small size, and low cost.
(6) For 'chopper' units, however, it was possible to record sustained depolarizations accompaneid by spikes that lasted as long as the tone burst.
(7) Outside of the body are the main battery, the chopper and the primary of the energy transmission.
(8) Five major PST response type classes are used: chopper, primary-like, onset, onset-C, and unusual.
(9) Most lateral superior olivary (LSO) units were inhibited by contralateral stimulation, were narrowly tuned, produced low to high levels of maximum output, had short latencies, and produced regular discharge patterns characterized by chopper PST histograms with narrow initial peaks.
(10) Earlier reports said opposition fighters shot dead two pilots after they ejected themselves after their chopper was hit.
(11) The technique employs two phase-locked mechanical choppers and a slow-scan scientific CCD camera attached to a normal fluorescence microscope.
(12) The observations suggest that PVCN choppers can encode pure-tone frequency in a spatial profile more accurately than HSR or LMSR AN fibers.
(13) The effects of OFF-BF input (either alone or presented simultaneously with a BF tone in a two-tone stimulus) on the response patterns of choppers may include not only rate inhibition but changes in the discharge regularity and the temporal adaptation properties of the spike trains.
(14) Unit discharges were classified as laryngeal motoneuron activity according to their correlation with the time course (onset and end) of echolocation calls and their discharge rate as: Pre-off-tonic, pre-off-phasic, off-pauser, off-tonic, on-chopper, on-tonic, prior-tonic and inhibitory (Fig.
(15) Either way, seconds later the chopper is gone, skimming over the water towards the next village-island.
(16) I remember building a Chopper-style bike out of a smaller racer with a tiny wheel on the front.
(17) "Transiently adapting" choppers undergo a very rapid (less than 10 ms) decrease in instantaneous rate accompanied by a sharp increase in discharge irregularity.
(18) The most ancient evidence of toolmaking by early humans and their relatives dates to 2.6m years ago and includes simple pebble-choppers for hacking and crushing.
(19) To minimize electronic noise and drift for detection of very small SPR signals, a mechanical light chopper was used for gated-signal detection, and a pulse height analyzer for noise rejection.
(20) We present a specific point process model that describes the scaling process and successfully replicates the observed responses to monaural and binaural stimulation of the three types of LSO units: slow choppers, fast choppers, and bimodal units.
(n.) An artificial tooth, block, or set of teeth.
(1) Neither did the degree of dysfunction in complete denture wearers vary with the condition of their prostheses.
(2) A sample of fifty-three partially dentate subjects who had had partial dentures provided in the last 3 years completed a personality questionnaire (Cattell's 16 PFQ).
(3) A training device is used in conjunction with an exercise program to teach muscle control for retention of a mandibular denture.
(4) The dentist himself is responsible for the design of the removable partial denture, because he must know and apply the biomechanical principles also.
(5) Designing and fabricating the metallic framework for a fixed partial denture requires planning and an understanding of what is desired in the final form.
(6) The results are in accord with the findings in an initial study by one of the present authors, in which the fillings were placed in denture porcelain teeth.
(7) The quality of the alveolar ridge and the denture as well as the functional status of the craniomandibular system were evaluated in detail.
(8) I.--Full denture in patients who have received radiotherapy.
(9) The age and maintenance of dentures, and denture-cleaning habits, were studied by an interview survey.
(10) This permitted employment of cast combined crowns with wide perigingival metal rims to support the clasp dentures to make them look better when supplying 73 patients with partial removable dentures.
(11) A moderately positive correlation was found between satisfaction of the patient and quality of the dentures.
(12) A technique is described that allows the removable partial denture framework try-in and the impression for the altered cast to be efficiently completed in a single appointment.
(13) Complete dentures were made for 30 edentulous patients.
(14) The average difference in bite force between the men and the women was larger in the group with natural teeth than in the one with complete dentures.
(15) Dental conditions including the wearing of dentures was the reason most often given for not seeing a dentist on a regular basis.
(16) disfunctions; in female patients, the occurrence is slightly more than in male patients (respectively 34.7% and 23.3%); the "use of dentures" factor is slightly significant in comparison to not use of dentures; 50% of disfunctions are found among the 51 and 70 years age patients; the ruid is the more frequent sign of disfunction; the complain of pain in the condyle region is more frequent symptom of disfunction.
(17) The denture was then subjected to different loads and the stresses were photographically recorded.
(18) The purpose of this study was to determine whether differences existed in interincisor bite force discrimination between a group of subjects wearing complete dentures and a group of dentate individuals.
(19) The traditional alloys used as metal bases for fixed partial dentures are accompanied by various problems such as corrosion, allergy, toxicity, casting, and preparation for both patient and prosthodontist and in magnetic resonance imaging for diagnosis.
(20) A good complete denture should perform with physiologic characteristics, and restore masticatory function and oral health.