(1) The interaction of the antibody with both the bacterial and the tissue derived polysialic acids suggests that the conformational epitope critical for the interaction is formed by both classes of compounds.
(2) In dogs, cibenzoline given i.v., had no effects on the slow response systems, probably because of sympathetic nervous system intervention since the class 4 effects of cibenzoline appeared after beta-adrenoceptor blockade.
(3) The populations of Asia-Oceania have some features of the class II RFLPs in common, which are distinctly different from Caucasoids.
(4) The strongest predictor of non-sudden cardiac death was the New York Heart Association functional class.
(5) This modulation results from repetitive, alternating bursts of excitatory and inhibitory postsynaptic potentials, which are caused at least in part by synaptic feedback to the command neurons from identified classes of neurons in the feeding network.
(6) Radioligand binding studies revealed the presence of a single class of high-affinity (Kd = 2-6 X 10(-10) M) binding sites for ET-1 in both cells, although the maximal binding capacity of cardiac receptor was about 6- to 12-fold greater than that of vascular receptor.
(7) Their contour lengths varied from 0.28 to 51 micron, but unlike in the case of maize, a large difference was not observed in the distribution of molecular classes greater than 1.0 micron between N and S cytoplasms of sugar beet.
(8) These sequences are also conserved in the same arrangement in minor sequence classes of minicircles from this strain.
(9) This suggests that Mg2+ accelerated both reactions from a single class of site.
(10) The sensitivity of an indirect fluorescent antibody (IFA) test (screening test) for the detection of antibodies to cytomegalovirus (CMV) was examined by using 128 serum specimens and quaternary aminoethyl (QAE)-Sephadex A50 column chromatography to separate IgM from IgG class antibodies.
(11) The purpose of the present study was to analyze the effects of cromakalim (BRL 34915), a potent drug from a new class of drugs characterized as "K+ channel openers", on the electrical activity of human skeletal muscle.
(12) Antibiotics and anticonvulsants were the two most commonly used drug classes.
(13) The individual classes of drugs are first treated separately to highlight specific aspects of their quantification, and this is followed by an overview of those methods permitting the concomitant analysis of two or more antiepileptic compounds.
(14) the class- and specificity-restricted antigen-sensitive units.
(15) A NYHA-class greater than II was observed in 18% of patients with type-I hypertrophy, in 29% with type II, but in 61% with type III (p less than or equal to 0.05).
(16) Cell lines specific for class I or class II loci of the MHC produced interferon and colony-stimulating factors.
(17) To become president of Afghanistan , Ashraf Ghani Ahmadzai changed his wardrobe and modified his name, gave up coffee, embraced a man he once denounced as a “known killer” and even toyed with anger management classes to tame a notorious temper.
(18) Enough with Clintonism and its prideful air of professional-class virtue.
(19) Participants were selected from existing classes forming a weight training, aerobic exercise and activity control group.
(20) This unusual insertion could affect the interaction of cat CD4 with class II molecules, or with FIV, a feline homolog of HIV.
(a.) Of or pertaining to a tutor; belonging to, or exercised by, a tutor.
(1) Students are assigned to tutorial groups, and much of the educational thrust of the program is built upon interactions within these groups.
(2) Additionally, the system contains a reference index for all material in the tutorial, a scored clinical problems section, and a several hundred word glossary.
(3) In this tutorial, we discuss the advantages and limitations of the ROC curve for clinical decision making in laboratory medicine.
(4) A validation study of the simulated tutorial, comparing individual's scores with evaluations of performance in tutorial groups in the undergraduate M.D.
(5) One group of residents received the tutorial; one, the prompt; and one, both.
(6) Lessons scored well in relation to private reading and lectures but less well in comparison with practical work and tutorials.
(7) Two-fifths of British women are viewing online beauty tutorials, an industry that attracts 700m hits a month.
(8) Studies were aimed at assessing somatic development of children and youth deprived of familial homes and brought up a State Child Tutorial Homes (SCTH) in the Katowice voivodeship.
(9) Formative evaluation is ongoing within tutorial groups.
(10) There are also tons of repair tutorials available on YouTube .
(11) PathPics is an image review and tutorial program developed at the University of California, San Diego (UCSD) School of Medicine as an adjunct to the preclinical Pathology and Histology curriculum.
(12) Results indicated that therapy was successful when the client was responsible for therapy activities, when therapy combined tutorial as well as experimential sessions, and when each session focused on the development of cognitive, linguistic, and interpersonal domains.
(13) A comparison of computer-assisted learning and small tutorial group teaching was carried out in the instruction of final year medical students in anaesthesia.
(14) This article describes the way in which consultation sessions between a tutorial class teacher and a psychiatrist were set up, and the themes that arose during the first term.
(15) The investigator placed 23 categories into three classifications as perceived by teachers: anticipatory, tutorial, and punitive.
(16) That reduces the chances that we will say something wrong or unbalanced.” Johnson studied PPE at Oxford University between 1985 and 1988, when his tutorial partner at Keble College was Balls.
(17) In addition to the POT training group tutorials in special psychotherapy methods and single supervision sessions are offered.
(18) Both groups of students scored significantly better on the second test (computer group, 66% [95% confidence interval, 64-69] to 81% [79-83] and tutorial group, 66% [63-67] to 74% [73-77]).
(19) The methods are described tutorially, compared, and discussed in the context of more sophisticated and more naive approaches to this common data-analytic problem.
(20) The courseware contains a comprehensive learning system including tutorial, simulation, and problem solving components.