(a.) Belonging to marriage; suitable or appropriate to the marriage state or to married persons; matrimonial; connubial.
(1) Mannose receptor mediated uptake by the reticuloendothelial system has been suggested as an explanation for the rapid removal of ricin A chain antibody conjugates from the circulation after their administration.
(2) Analysis of conjugated discharges ACHs showed that they appeared predominantly periodically (87% of cases).
(3) However, when conjugated to an antigen-bearing cell, a "non-antigen bearing" cell was labeled near the cell interaction area.
(4) This doxorubicin derivative did not bind to Sepharose which was conjugated with cardiac actin.
(5) Substances with a leaving group at the C-3 position form unsaturated conjugated cyclic adducts and are mutagenic only in the His D3052 frameshift strains with an intact excision repair system (no urvA mutation).
(6) Foreign antigens conjugated to alpha-2-Macroglobulin (alpha-2-M) were effectively taken up by murine macrophages via alpha-2-M receptors.
(7) Conjugational recombination in Escherichia coli was investigated by monitoring synthesis of the lacZ+ product, beta-galactosidase, in crosses between lacZ mutants.
(8) Cloned genes encoding pertussis toxin from B. pertussis were transferred into Bordetella bronchiseptica and Bordetella parapertussis by conjugation.
(9) Rates of PC in vitro metabolism by liver and kidney cytosolic cysteine conjugate beta-lyases (beta-lyases) were similar, but metabolism by renal mitochondrial beta-lyase occurred at a 3-fold higher rate than the rate obtained with hepatic mitochondrial beta-lyase.
(10) Additionally, cats excreted the taurine conjugate of hydratropic acid.
(11) This paper examines the chiral nature of the covalent conjugates formed upon reaction of acetylcholinesterase (AchE) with enantiomeric cycloheptyl, isopropyl, and 3,3-dimethylbutyl methylphosphonyl thiocholines.
(12) We evaluated the safety and efficacy of a conjugate vaccine that links the H. influenzae type b capsular polysaccharide to the outer-membrane protein complex (OMPC) of Neisseria meningitidis serogroup B.
(13) This fact suggested that TCTFP may be metabolized intensively by glutathione (GSH) conjugation and therefore, like hexachlorobutadiene, would be expected to be nephrotoxic.
(14) Bile flow was stimulated significantly by VPA and MCCA, but not by CCA; changes in bile flow correlated with the biliary excretion rate of base-labile conjugates rather than with excretion of the parent compounds themselves.
(15) In addition, a beta-linked sialic acid:nucleoside conjugate (Kl-8111) and an equimolar mixture of Kl-8110 and Kl-8111 (Kl-414) also inhibited the metastatic ability of NL cells to the same extent as Kl-8110 did.
(16) The F'lac+ episome of Escherichia coli origin was transferred by conjugation with frequencies of 10(-7) to 10(-5) from Erwinia amylovora to 14 out of 15 Salmonella typhimurium trp female parents.
(17) The transference by conjugation of protease genetic information between Proteus mirabilis strains only occurs upon mobilization by a conjugative plasmid such as RP4 (Inc P group).
(18) A new type of artificial blood, pyridoxylated hemoglobin-polyoxyethylene conjugate (PHP) solution, (developed by PHP research group of the department of health and welfare of Japan, and produced by Ajinomoto Co., Inc. Tokyo) as an oxygen-carrying component, has been recently devised using hemoglobin obtained from hemolyzed human erythrocytes.
(19) Injection of albumin-colloidal gold conjugates resulted in an insignificant uptake.
(20) The conjugate was formed between the ortho carbon of the amino group of p-aminophenol and the SH group of GSH.
(v.) Of or pertaining to a husband; as, marital rights, duties, authority.
(1) This study reports the analysis of a transvestite man through focusing on his marital interaction and his wife's complementary behavior to his perversion.
(2) For example, 75% of them were asked about their family life, marital status and children in interviews.
(3) Adjustment for possible mechanisms correlated with social class (marital status, smoking, time of first antenatal visit) decreased the higher occurrence of low birthweight infants in the low educational groups.
(4) After controlling for age and cigarette smoking status, BMI was significantly related to education, income, occupation, and marital status in both men and women.
(5) The results showed that there were significant difference among the extended scores of patient's marital status and the socioeconomic status.
(6) This is understandable: marital rape has not been a part of India’s discourse.
(7) You have to prove there is a need.” Brian, a researcher with a PhD in medical science, was shocked and furious to find himself driven to food banks after a car accident, marital breakdown and sudden unemployment left him without enough money to live on.
(8) To investigate risk factors in male breast cancer, a case-control study of 52 histologically diagnosed cases and 52 controls--matched for age, race, marital status, and hospital--was conducted in 5 U.S. metropolitan areas.
(9) Although sex was not found to be associated with the number of close friends reported by subjects, it was found to be significantly associated with designations of the alcoholic's "significant others", incidence of marital difficulty and with scores on the Definition of Alcohol Scale and the Neuroticism Index.
(10) A model is developed to use marital history data from the U.S. Current Population Survey and mortality statistics from the federal registration system to estimate color differences in (a) the risk of widowhood among women in the working ages and (by the cumulative duration of widowhood.
(11) Other factors such as gender, marital status and the presence of children, relatives and friends in the neighbourhood had no association with loneliness.
(12) Thus shifts in the marital structure between 1961 and 1971 could have provided little impetus to a decline in the CBR of the country.
(13) Overall, the couples who successfully completed therapy were in less strifeful marriages and were confronted with specific life change events as opposed to the couples who dropped out, who gave evidence of chronic marital difficulties.
(14) Likewise, risk did not vary materially according to history of abortions when marital status was controlled for.
(15) Of all 17 factors considered, primigravidae showed unadjusted significant associations between preterm delivery and marital status, region of mother's residence, maternal occupation, maternal education and paternal education level.
(16) Causes of the marked secular trends in the cancer mortality and incidence are not clear, but the major causes are suspected to be changes in dietary habits, smoking and drinking habits, and other socio-environmental factors such as marital and reproductive factors.
(17) The overall aim of the current study was to comprehensively evaluate the prevalence, impact, and health correlates of marital aggression in a clinical sample of maritally discordant couples seeking psychological treatment.
(18) Logit models were fitted in order to test the relationship between the relative risk of being admitted and sex, age, marital status, diagnosis, urbanization and distance from facilities.
(19) No significant differences were obtained between the two groups of families on any of the measures of individual, marital, or family functioning.
(20) We found, among other things, that: i) Among the males excessive alcohol consumption tends to be higher in the single marital status, and also in those with a higher number of brothers; ii) On the females on the contrary, single marital status is associates to higher percentages of non excessive alcohol consumption, while the fact of having a higher number of brothers is related to higher rates of non consumption of alcohol.