(n.) In England, one of the highest order of nobility after princes and princesses of the royal blood and the four archbishops of England and Ireland.
(n.) In some European countries, a sovereign prince, without the title of king.
(v. i.) To play the duke.
(1) If Charles Spencer, 3rd Duke of Marlborough, who bought the island in 1738, were to return today he would doubtless recognise the scene, though he might be surprised that his small private buildings have grown into a sizable hotel.
(2) Pint from £2.90 The Duke Of York With its smart greige interior, flagstone floor and extensive food menu (not tried), this newcomer feels like a gastropub.
(3) "It seems that this is just a few experts who are pushing it through parliament … without anyone thinking through the likely consequences for our country," said Duke Tagoe of the Food Sovereignty campaign group.
(4) The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge stood among the graves on 4 August last year in a moving ceremony to mark the 100th anniversary of the outbreak of war.
(5) The degree of staining for ras 11 was significantly related to the grade of differentiation and increased from Dukes stage A to C. Strong staining for ras 11 predicted a significantly shorter recurrence-free interval (p less than 0.001).
(6) The Duke of Gloucester will go to the British Virgin Islands and Malta, while the Falkland Islands – where Prince William will be serving briefly as a helicopter pilot in the spring – will receive an official visit from the Duke of Kent, who will also go to Uganda.
(7) The p53 content correlated with 17p loss (P < 0.002), hyperdiploid DNA content (P < 0.001) and tumour site (P < 0.03), but not Dukes' stage (P = 0.15).
(8) Proliferative fraction--defined as the percentage of cells in S + G2 and M phases of the cell cycle--was significantly related to ploidy and to Dukes' stage.
(9) Criteria for randomization were fulfilled in 494 of 861 patients with Dukes' B and C tumors, when the trial was closed.
(10) Support for Scalise, the third highest-ranking House Republican and one of the most senior conservatives in Washington, was noticeably absent on Monday despite his attempt to distance himself from Duke.
(11) Prince Harry and the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge have enlisted a rapper, a Royal Marine and a Labour spin doctor to try to push stigma about discussing mental health beyond what they believe is a “tipping point” and into public acceptability.
(12) The former Massachusetts governor, like many Republicans, expected the Trump campaign to implode last summer, after he insulted Mexicans and said Arizona senator and 2008 Republican nominee John McCain was not a “war hero” because “I like people who weren’t captured.” This year, days after Trump did not immediately disavow an expression of support from David Duke, a former Ku Klux Klan grand wizard, Romney said one of his sons was driving him to an airport when he asked: “When the grandkids ask ‘What did you do to stop Donald Trump ?’ what are you going to say?’” Facebook Twitter Pinterest Romney launches extensive attack on Trump: ‘A genius he is not’ That, Romney said, was the final push.
(13) The frequencies of Dukes C and proximal colon cancer was significantly higher in women.
(14) Formerly Communications secretary to The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Prince Henry of Wales.
(15) Overall, there were no differences between FFS and HMO cases for duration of symptoms before diagnosis, training of physician who diagnosed the tumor, anatomic location of the tumor, type of primary treatment, Dukes' stage at final diagnosis, or survival.
(16) The prognostic factors included resection or nonresection, the year of resection, macroscopic type, histologic differentiation, venous and lymphatic invasion, Dukes' stage, serum carcinoembryonic antigen (CEA) level and peripheral T lymphocyte count.
(17) Trends in practice patterns at Duke University Medical Center were assessed in patient groups comparable to those enrolled in the three major randomized trials of coronary artery bypass grafting (CABG).
(18) Two former Mexican presidents compare Donald Trump to Hitler Read more Trump then repeated that he knew nothing about Duke and did not think he had ever met him.
(19) None of the analysed criteria: size and number of liver metastases, delay after diagnosis of the primary cancer, Duke's stage, could differentiate long survivors from patients who did not benefit much from liver surgery due to early recurrence.
(20) However, when margins are greater than 5 cm, this does not guarantee freedom from local recurrence of Dukes' C lesions.