(n.) A trough or spout to carry off water, as from a pump.
(1) The ability of azelastine to influence antigen-induced contractile responses (Schultz-Dale phenomenon) in isolated tracheal segments of the guinea-pig was investigated and compared with selected antiallergic drugs and inhibitors of arachidonic acid metabolism.
(2) In addition, consecutive Schultz-Dale reactions of chicken intestine showed a consistent potentiation.
(3) To celebrate winning 101st place in the poll, Dale sent an email to staff.
(4) Tendulkar moved to 95 by driving Paul Harris for six, then edged towards 100, ultimately reaching the milestone in his 175th Test with a single off Dale Steyn.
(5) GDP growth could be as high as 1% for the quarter, which would appear to justify comments by the Bank of England's chief economist, Spencer Dale, that growth is running at an annualised rate of 3-4%.
(6) Verity said: "I would imagine that it's not impossible that over time the Wolds will become as well known as the Dales and other parts of Yorkshire … because of the Hockney effect.
(7) Elferink said they were taken seriously , but noted they occurred at the “old” Don Dale, now closed.
(8) The impressive views take in West Angle Bay, Rat Island and the whole length of Milford Haven and Man of War Roads, a 15km ship-teeming passage leading from Dale all the way to Pembroke Dock.
(9) As Iain Dale writes in a piece about compiling a list of the most 50 most powerful Lib Dems , some of the leading figures on the Lib Dem left seem increasingly marginalised.
(10) Iain Dale (@IainDale) Dear @GrantShapps , please tell me that you didn't actually say on Sky "This is a reshuffle for hardworking people".
(11) Rabbit fleas Spilopsyllus cuniculi (Dale) were present on both sexes of rabbit at all times of the year.
(12) Homologous passive cutaneous anaphylaxis (PCA), active systemic anaphylaxis (ASA), active cutaneous anaphylaxis (ACA) and Schultz-Dale reaction tests were carried out using guinea pigs which were immunized orally with IPD-1151T alone or subcutaneously with IPD-1151T and Freund's complete adjuvants (CFA).
(13) Following recovery from antigen-induced responses (Schultz-Dale phenomenon) in sensitized rat segments, cold provocation induced strong contractile responses.
(14) Dales said he believed unemployment would have been higher without the QE programmes but that the rate was still too high.
(15) It’s that stuff that really matters,” said Spencer Dale, BP group’s chief economist.
(16) Dale Vince, founder of Ecotricity, said he felt compelled to act because there was “an existential threat from a second-term Tory government”.
(17) The mast cell's association with asthma has a long history dating back to the turn of the century, when Dale and Laidlaw described histamine as a spasmogen for guinea-pig airways and a proposed mediator of acute anaphylaxis.
(18) The generalized incomplete-repair equation is shown to be equivalent to an expression derived by Dale et al.
(19) In an interview with the Guardian on Wednesday, Spencer Dale, the Bank of England's chief economist, pointed to a strong GDP number when he said the economy was "growing at something like 3-4% annualised".
(20) The Schultz-Dale reaction is inhibited both by antihistaminics and by the anti-5-hydroxytryptamine agent methysergide, but not by atropine.3.
(n.) A small, retired valley; a ravine.
(n.) A young woman; a wench.
(1) Dell'Utri managed the 1994 campaign – a dazzling phantasmagoria of dancing girls under the lights, while he saw to the shadows.
(2) The former banker had told the court he did not own Carlton House, nor an £18m 100-acre estate near Windsor called Oakland Park, once owned by computers billionaire Michael Dell, nor an apartment in Albert Court, a gated complex near Lord's cricket ground.
(3) The radiation exposure of the medical team involved in 35 consecutive cardiac catheterisation procedures performed at the Istituto di Malattie dell'Apparato Cardiovascolare, University of Bologna, was calculated.
(4) A series of 126 cases of orbitomaxillozygomatic fractures observed in the Maxillofacial Unit of Miulli Hospital, Acquaviva delle Fonte between January 1980 and December 1987 is examined.
(5) "When you think about the guys who started Twitter, and the Google guys, and the Facebook guys and the Napster guys, and the Microsoft guys, and the Dell guys and the Instagram guys, it's all guys.
(6) Dell lost out by being too early to the market with the Streak, introducing it at a time when most users had smaller phones with screens under 4in diagonally.
(7) The main aim of the contribution, which opens a new arena for discussion on the Rivista dell'Infermiere is to critically appraise published research works focusing both on strengths and novelty and weaknesses in the hypothesis formulation, methods and instruments used, discussion of results.
(8) His three-year-old Dell Inspiron had broken down and he wanted something to keep up with gaming.
(9) Under proper storage conditions, the Delle wines were shown to be microbiologically stable and resistant to wine spoilage organisms.
(10) Authors refer about their experience on 12 cases of male breast carcinoma (MBC), studied in years 1975-1985 at the Semeiotica Chirurgica e Patologia Chirurgica II dell'I.R.C.C.S.
(11) Mondelēz International promised US$400mn to support the production of sustainable cocoa with zero net deforestation in Africa; Germany, Norway and the United Kingdom announced they’d provide $5bn by 2020 if forest countries demonstrated measured, reported and verified emission reductions; 20 investor groups, representing US$3.2tr, committing to ‘decarbonisation’ of US$600bn in assets, 114 big companies promised to reduce emissions including Ikea, Coca-Cola, Dell, General Mills, Kellogg’s, NRG Energy, Procter & Gamble, Sony and Walmart.
(12) But last month Dell raised his offer price, tacked on a special-dividend sweetener, and got the board to change voting rules so that abstentions no longer count against him – turning the tide in his favour.
(13) The research articles published during 1988-1989 in Rivista dell'Infermiere (R d I) and during 1989 in Nursing Research (NR) have been analyzed to allow factual comparison on the tendencies of nursing research in Italy and in one other "model" country.
(14) We have reconsidered our material on tumors of adipose tissue, which were observed for 10 years, from 1979 to 1988, at Istituto di Anatomia Patologica dell'Università degli Studi - Arcispedale S. Anna di Ferrara.
(15) Each night brought the excitement of finding the perfect camping spot in a grassy dell or spotless beach and the opportunity to explore using the Canadian canoe that we towed behind the raft.
(16) Meanwhile, some companies that have also made false assumptions – such as that any recyclable material could be recycled, even if it’s attached to other materials – in the past have been called out on it, leading others to see the risk of improper labeling, Carpenter said: “The brands that are making those products and packages want to have some sort of assurance that if they’re labeling it as recyclable, it’s actually going to be recycled.” Listening to social media Take Dell, which decided to reduce wasteful packaging after hearing complaints from customers about excessive and non-recyclable shipping boxes and packaging materials back in 2008.
(17) If the lake level is low enough you can walk around to Lido delle Bionde: a beach with a pier, a bar and a lawn shaded by olive trees.
(18) Unfortunately, not all of Dell’s replacement machines were free from odour as one user complained : “I just received my 5th replacement 6430u yesterday and the smell is still there ...” Dell Latitude E6430u users are now advised to contact technical support to arrange for an exchange of any odour afflicted machines.
(19) Granted, she saw the company through the tech bubble burst, but circumstance alone don’t account for that drop when competitors like Dell and IBM saw smaller drops in value .
(20) The polyenzymes-membrane-DNA complex, isolated from dells intensively synthesizing edeines (18--20 h culture) contained edeine B. Edeine B was found to be bound covalently t o the edeine synthetase.