What's the difference between dasyure and dasyurid?
(n.) A carnivorous marsupial quadruped of Australia, belonging to the genus Dasyurus. There are several species.
(1) This report contains the first description of a salivary gland tumour in a dasyurid marsupial; the same animal also had a mammary carcinoma.
(2) There was only a single duct from the testis in the dasyurids examined.
(3) Clinical signs, necropsy findings and histopathological changes are summarized for 43 macropods, two common wombats, two koalas, six possums, 15 dasyurids, two numbats, eight bandicoots and one bilby.
(4) n. is described from the dasyurid marsupial Antechinus stuartii.
(5) Lymphoid neoplasia was common, especially in the smaller dasyurids.
(6) The thermal response of isolated perfused hearts of four dasyurid marsupials was determined and compared with that of two rodents.
(7) A fully pedigreed colony of the dasyurid marsupial Sminthopsis crassicaudata has provided material for establishing two panels of DNA samples: a broadbased test panel and a two-generation family panel.
(8) In both marsupials the density of crossed and uncrossed terminals is equal, a feature of dasyurid quolls but not of another dasyurid, the Tasmanian devil.
(9) These findings suggest that the functional organisation of the LGd in these dasyurids may differ from that found in other marsupials.
(10) Retinal projections were examined in two small dasyurids, the kowari and the fat-tailed dunnart, following injections of 3H-proline into one eye.
(11) During a histopathologic survey of 240 dasyurid marsupials a high prevalence of infection of Toxoplasma gondii was found in eight of thenine species examined.
(12) Given that dasyurid marsupials are predominantly carnivorous, the episodic intake of food in the wild and the high nutritive content of that food suggest that food may be an important zeitgeber in these species.
(13) Hyperplastic or benign neoplastic masses in adrenals and livers were common in dasyurids.
(14) Dasyurids often had multiple proliferative lesions.
(15) Gel electrophoresis of blood proteins has detected allelic variation at five loci (TRF, PGD, SOD, ADA, GPI) in a laboratory colony of the dasyurid marsupial Sminthopsis crassicaudata.
(16) No obvious aetiological factors have been identified in any of the tumour conditions in dasyurids although there is some evidence to suggest a genetic predisposition to lymphosarcoma in the fat-tailed antechinus.
(17) In this study, some formal and functional aspects of circadian organization in a nocturnal dasyurid marsupial, the stripe-faced dunnart (Sminthopsis macroura), were analyzed.
(18) A variety of mammary proliferations was present in dasyurids.
(19) To evaluate biological and biochemical variability in nonencapsulated Trichinella isolates, biological and allozymic studies were conducted on isolates of Trichinella collected from a raptoral bird (Aquila rapax) and a fox (Vulpes corsac) in Kazakhstan and from a dasyurid marsupial (Dasyurus maculatus) on the island of Tasmania, Australia.
(20) A heterologous double antibody radioimmunoassay has been validated for measurement of LH in plasma of a dasyurid marsupial.