(1) Almost half of the complaints officially delt with is (partially) substantiated.
(2) Patients with an increase in local or total arterial blood supply (positive delts VI) often had similar directional changes in segmental wall motion and ventricular ejection fraction.
(3) given morphine and subantinociceptive doses of the delta agonists, [D-Pen2, D-Pen5]enkephalin (DPDPE), [D-Ala2, Glu4]deltorphin (DELT) or [Met5]enkephalin (MET) were examined using the mouse warm water tail flick test.
(4) The 6 pancreas insufficient patients who are compound heterozygous for 2143-delT suffer from the typical features of pulmonary and gastrointestinal CF disease.
(5) Antagonism, by the selective delta-opioid receptor antagonist naltrindole, of the antinociceptive effects of [D-Pen2, D-Pen5] enkephalin (DPDPE), [D-Ser2, Leu5, Thr6] enkephalin (DSLET) and D-Ala2 deltorphin I (DELT I) has been studied in 25 day old rats.
(6) This report has delt with in vivo and in vitro examinations in the cases of sixteen children suffering from cyanotic congenital heart disease, and who had been placed under extended therapy with platelet-aggregation-inhibitors.
(7) pretreatment of mice with the novel, selective opioid delta receptor antagonists, [D-Ala2,Leu5,Cys6]enkephalin (DALCE) and naltrindole-5'-isothiocyanate (5'-NTII), differentially antagonized the direct antinociceptive effects of [D-Pen2,D-Pen5]enkephalin (DPDPE) and [D-Ala2]deltorphin II (DELT).
(8) Naloxone (1 mg kg-1) produced equivalent degrees of antagonism of the antinociceptive effects of DPDPE, DSLET and DELT I. ICI 174,864 (1 mg kg-1) also antagonized antinociception with a differential degree of attenuation (DSLET > DPDPE > DELT I).
(9) DPDPE, DELT and DALCE were 19.0 (12.9-28.1), 19.3 (16.1-23.1) and 2.0 (1.4-3.0) nmol.
(10) The delta antagonist, N,N-diallyl-Try-Aib-Aib-Phe-Leu-OH (ICI 174,864) (where Aib is alpha-aminoisobutyric acid) blocked the antinociceptive effects of DPDPE and DELT, but not those of i.t.
(11) Mutagenic effect of N-nitrosomethyl urea (NMU) was studied in silkworm Bombyx mori L. Taking into consideration the specificity of the mutagen action, the main part of the work delt with the search for the optimum regime of the mutagen administration.
(12) Thus, of the 10 drugs studied, only DPDPE and DELT-I were selective for site 2.
(13) The different opinions on the importance of histological findings regarding pulp tolerance are critically discussed and finally the significance of water uptake and radiological opacity is delt with.
(14) morphine or [D-Ala2,NMPhe4,Gly-ol5]enkephalin (DAMGO), indicating that the observed antinociceptive effects of DPDPE and DELT were delta mediated.
(15) The best purification procedure volved ammonium sulphate fractionation, delting on Sephadex G-25, column chromatographic fractionation on DEAE- and CM-cellulose, and gel filtration on Sephadex G-75 superfine.
(16) This report presents 13 cases with which we have delt since 1963.
(17) Indications, side effects, dosage and several pharmacokinetic properties of gentamicin, tobramycin, sisomicin, kanamycin, amikacin, and streptomycin are delt with in the first part.
(18) The result of this analysis is compared with the results of other authors who have delt with the same problem.
(19) antinociceptive effects of DPDPE and DELT, although at least a 10-fold higher dose of 5'-NTII was needed to produce equivalent antagonism of DPDPE.
(20) The differential antagonism by naltrindole of the effects of three selective delta-agonists suggests delta-receptor heterogeneity.Further, the lower sensitivity of response to DELT I suggests that this agent may exert its antinociceptive effects at a different 6 receptor subtype from DPDPE or DSLET.
(n.) See Kilt, n.
(n.) Cloth with the nap, generally of native black wool.
(n.) A salmon after spawning.
(n.) Same as Celt, one of Celtic race.
(1) The Kelts may have a similar origin but they might include the Berbers of ancient Iberia as a third component.
(2) Japanese-American author Roland Kelts , who writes about Japan's youth, says it's inevitable that the future of Japanese relationships will be largely technology driven .
(3) Kelts says the need to escape into private, virtual worlds in Japan stems from the fact that it's an overcrowded nation with limited physical space.
(4) However, this study shows that fresh-water-adapted kelts exposed to seawater demonstrate rapid adaptation (within 48 h) in osmoregulatory parameters to values characteristics of seawater-adapted salmonids.
(5) As is characteristic for marine teleosts, kelts drink seawater and process the ingested water in the gut to replace body water lost by osmosis to the hyperosmotic medium.
(6) These fish, known as kelts, reportedly show a limited ability to hypoosmoregulate.
(7) Since the end of the second world war and the lifting of censorship restrictions, manga has been a platform for confronting and grappling with social and political taboos,” said Roland Kelts, the author of Japanamerica: How Japanese Pop Culture Has Invaded the US .
(8) The physiological mechanisms involved in adaptation to a hyperosmotic external medium are discussed, and the osmoregulatory capacity of kelts is compared with that of salmon at other stages of the life cycle.
(9) A protozoan infection (Trichodina truttae) was identified in captive Atlantic salmon (Salmo salar) kelts that died in spring of 1988 and 1989.
(10) This paper describes the measurement of whole body Ca, Cl, K, N, Na, O and P in Atlantic salmon parr, adults and kelts by neutron activation analysis (NAA).
(11) Anthropogenic 137Cs was found in sea-water (SW) salmon but not found in the freshwater (FW) stages (parr and kelts).