(1) This study was undertaken to determine whether the survival of Hispanic patients with squamous cell carcinoma of the head and neck was different from that of Anglo-American patients.
(2) It is supposed that delta-sleep peptide along with other oligopeptides is one of the factors determining individual animal resistance to emotional stress, which is supported by significant delta-sleep peptide increase in hypothalamus in stable rats.
(3) Disease stabilisation was associated with prolonged periods of comparatively high plasma levels of drug, which appeared to be determined primarily by reduced drug clearance.
(4) The prenatal risk determined by smoking pregnant woman was studied by a fetal electrocardiogram at different gestational ages.
(5) These results indicated that the PG determination was the most accurate predictor of fetal lung well-being prior to birth among the clinical tests so far reported.
(6) The nucleotide sequence of a 2.2-kb DNA fragment which contains the complete RAD7 gene was determined.
(7) We have determined the genomic structure of the fosB gene and shown that it consists of 4 exons and 3 introns at positions also found in the c-fos gene.
(8) We conclude that first-transit and blood-pool techniques are equally accurate methods for determining EF when the time-activity method of analysis is employed.
(9) It is quite interesting to analyse which gene of the virus determines the characteristics of the virus.
(10) Spectrophotometric determination of the sulfhydryl content in the animal tissue before (control) and after using 6,6'-Dithiodinicotinic acid is applied.
(11) We determined whether serological investigations can assist to distinguish between chronic idiopathic autoimmune thrombocytopenia (cAITP) and immune-mediated thrombocytopenia in patients at risk to develop systemic lupus erythematosus (SLE); 82 patients were seen in this institution for the evaluation of immune thrombocytopenia.
(12) Quantitative determinations indicate that the amount of PBG-D mRNA is modulated both by the erythroid nature of the tissue and by cell proliferation, probably at the transcriptional level.
(13) We report a series of experiments designed to determine if agents and conditions that have been reported to alter sodium reabsorption, Na-K-ATPase activity or cellular structure in the rat distal nephron might also regulate the density or affinity of binding of 3H-metolazone to the putative thiazide receptor in the distal nephron.
(14) Complementarity determining regions (CDR) are conserved to different extents, with the first CDR region in all family members being among the most conserved segments of the molecule.
(15) Acquired drug resistance to INH, RMP, and EMB can be demonstrated in M. kansasii, and SMX in combination with other agents chosen on the basis of MIC determinations are effective in the treatment of disease caused by RMP-resistant M. kansasii.
(16) In animal experiments pharmacological properties of the low molecular weight heparin derivative CY 216 were determined.
(17) Using the oocyte system to express size-fractionated mRNA, we have also determined that the mRNA coding for this protein is between 1.9-2.4 kilobases in length.
(18) Despite of the increasing diagnostic importance of the direct determination of the parathormone which is at first available only in special institutions in these cases methodical problems play a less important part than the still not infrequent appearing misunderstanding of the adequate basic disease.
(19) The procedure used in our laboratory was not able to provide accurate determination of the concentrations of these binding forms.
(20) The serum concentration of hyaluronan (HYA) was determined in 59 patients with various myeloproliferative disorders, including 33 patients with idiopathic myelofibrosis.
(v. i.) To persevere.
(1) This finding suggests that the difficulty to shift a cognitive set, reflected by the frequency of perseverative responses, is in favor of the WCST as a vulnerability marker for schizophrenia, whereas non-perseverative responses presumably indicate a state, but not a trait marker of the disease.
(2) "Others came back and left their children on the side of the road, but I persevered.
(3) As with the episodic memory test, the Alzheimer and Korsakoff patients made more perseverative errors than did the HD patients on letter fluency.
(4) That is, at each age at least 1 combination of delay and number of locations yielded above-chance A-not-B errors or significant perseverative search.
(5) It was concluded that although stimulus factors are involved in the perseverative response, conditioning factors are not of primary relevance in determining the tolerance.
(6) We must adjust to this new reality, while persevering with a long term plan to reduce current public sector spending.
(7) Others had so much invested emotionally and financially that they “turn their backs on the truth” and persevered.
(8) We have not caved, we have not given in, we have persevered, and we have not backed down.” Insiders said Sony appeared to be shifting its position while giving as strong an impression as possible that it had adopted the same line all along.
(9) An information-processing model is proposed to account for all patterns of oral-verbal perseverative response.
(10) Although essential blepharospasm is considered to be a form of focal dystonia, many patients with blepharospasm have been noted to have concomitant depression, anxiety, phobias, hypochondriasis, and other emotional and behavioral disorders, suggesting a psychiatric component to the disease that is phenomenologically similar to obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD) in terms of the repetitive, perseverative, and persistent nature of the symptoms.
(11) Beside a severe, global speech retardation, there are some distinct speech characteristics in the young fra(X) males such as rapid speech rhythm, speech impulsiveness and perseverative speech.
(12) Dominant temporal-lobe patients showed more perseverative errors than epilepsy controls.
(13) Perseverative tendencies can be suppressed with practice in discrimination learning situations, but the tendencies can then be fully reinstated by relatively minor distractions.
(14) Nondominant temporal patients manifested more total errors and perseverative errors relative to both dominant temporal and epilepsy controls, and more perseverative responses relative to epilepsy controls.
(15) All were inattentive, perseverative, and disoriented.
(16) Although a few patients were mildly dysnomic, the RR patients were not generally impaired on visual confrontation naming and they did not exhibit perseverative responding on verbal fluency measures.
(17) The inferior convexity lesions produced severe and lasting impairments on all three tasks, perhaps as a result of the perseverative disorder that has been associated with damage to this region.
(18) They made more errors during the sessions, specifically on the trials that were related to cognitive complexity, such as attempting to reach directly towards the reward through the transparent side of the box (a barrier reach), instead of reaching around it (detour) into the open side, as well as other awkward, perseverative or delayed reaches.
(19) For the frontal patients, significant correlations were found between the number of prompts on the AFT and the number of perseverative errors on the WCST.
(20) Yet it's worth persevering with Faludi's voyage into American man's psyche.