(1) This study was undertaken to determine whether the survival of Hispanic patients with squamous cell carcinoma of the head and neck was different from that of Anglo-American patients.
(2) It is supposed that delta-sleep peptide along with other oligopeptides is one of the factors determining individual animal resistance to emotional stress, which is supported by significant delta-sleep peptide increase in hypothalamus in stable rats.
(3) Disease stabilisation was associated with prolonged periods of comparatively high plasma levels of drug, which appeared to be determined primarily by reduced drug clearance.
(4) The prenatal risk determined by smoking pregnant woman was studied by a fetal electrocardiogram at different gestational ages.
(5) These results indicated that the PG determination was the most accurate predictor of fetal lung well-being prior to birth among the clinical tests so far reported.
(6) The nucleotide sequence of a 2.2-kb DNA fragment which contains the complete RAD7 gene was determined.
(7) We have determined the genomic structure of the fosB gene and shown that it consists of 4 exons and 3 introns at positions also found in the c-fos gene.
(8) We conclude that first-transit and blood-pool techniques are equally accurate methods for determining EF when the time-activity method of analysis is employed.
(9) It is quite interesting to analyse which gene of the virus determines the characteristics of the virus.
(10) Spectrophotometric determination of the sulfhydryl content in the animal tissue before (control) and after using 6,6'-Dithiodinicotinic acid is applied.
(11) We determined whether serological investigations can assist to distinguish between chronic idiopathic autoimmune thrombocytopenia (cAITP) and immune-mediated thrombocytopenia in patients at risk to develop systemic lupus erythematosus (SLE); 82 patients were seen in this institution for the evaluation of immune thrombocytopenia.
(12) Quantitative determinations indicate that the amount of PBG-D mRNA is modulated both by the erythroid nature of the tissue and by cell proliferation, probably at the transcriptional level.
(13) We report a series of experiments designed to determine if agents and conditions that have been reported to alter sodium reabsorption, Na-K-ATPase activity or cellular structure in the rat distal nephron might also regulate the density or affinity of binding of 3H-metolazone to the putative thiazide receptor in the distal nephron.
(14) Complementarity determining regions (CDR) are conserved to different extents, with the first CDR region in all family members being among the most conserved segments of the molecule.
(15) Acquired drug resistance to INH, RMP, and EMB can be demonstrated in M. kansasii, and SMX in combination with other agents chosen on the basis of MIC determinations are effective in the treatment of disease caused by RMP-resistant M. kansasii.
(16) In animal experiments pharmacological properties of the low molecular weight heparin derivative CY 216 were determined.
(17) Using the oocyte system to express size-fractionated mRNA, we have also determined that the mRNA coding for this protein is between 1.9-2.4 kilobases in length.
(18) Despite of the increasing diagnostic importance of the direct determination of the parathormone which is at first available only in special institutions in these cases methodical problems play a less important part than the still not infrequent appearing misunderstanding of the adequate basic disease.
(19) The procedure used in our laboratory was not able to provide accurate determination of the concentrations of these binding forms.
(20) The serum concentration of hyaluronan (HYA) was determined in 59 patients with various myeloproliferative disorders, including 33 patients with idiopathic myelofibrosis.
(v. i.) To persist in any business or enterprise undertaken; to pursue steadily any project or course begun; to maintain a purpose in spite of counter influences, opposition, or discouragement; not to give or abandon what is undertaken.
(1) Parameters under consideration were: Form distortion, rotation, integration, perseveration, use of space, subtle motricity, score (global parameter), and time employed.
(2) 3, unilateral anteromedial lesions tested within 1 day increased perseverations more than lesions tested with 6 days' recovery.
(3) "Now, if that is the way they have gone about giving the man the job, why don't they persevere with it?
(4) In elementary motor perseveration once an element of a movement has begun it is no longer inhibited at the right time and continues unchecked.
(5) While it is impossible to predict the outcome in many individual cases, it is also apparent that gratifying long-term results in addition to palliation can be achieved if one is perseverant and persistent in the application of sound principles in the management of this disorder.
(6) Specific issues discussed include task difficulty, genotype effects on life span learning processes, perseveration, and early versus later experience.
(7) Whereas scopolamine disrupts habituation, d-amphetamine induces perseveration independently of any effects on habituation.
(8) Essential traits of this personality are an independent mind capable of liberating itself from dogmatic tenets universally accepted by the scientific community; the capacity and courage to look at things from a new angle; powers of combination, intuition and imagination; feu sacré and perseverance--in short, intellectual as well as moral qualities.
(9) It is suggested that quinpirole induces perseveration of route by affecting presynaptic release of dopamine, and that the organization of route is independent of the organization of movement.
(10) It is provisionally suggested that enhancement of the perseveration represents an innate response to stressful stimuli, but as animals learn mastery over the response contingencies, the persistence in adopting such a response strategy wanes.
(11) However, if you do persevere with Law & Order, stage two in enquiries is a run-in with detective inspector Natalie Chandler.
(12) Perseverations were present in the speech of both the SRD and SDAT subjects, whereas aposiopesis, logorrhea, and palilalia were more typical of the SDAT subjects.
(13) A question on the existence of two strategies of cognitive behaviour alteration and perseveration in rat population is under discussion.
(14) Two experiments demonstrated that self-perceptions and social perceptions may persevere after the initial basis for such perceptions has been completely discredited.
(15) The effects have been interpreted in more general terms as "behavioural disinhibition" or "response perseveration" or in more specific terms as reduced "reward delay" or as an attenuation of a "behavioural inhibition system".
(16) Patients with left posterior lesions usually failed to suppress the expression of previously generated words in the subsequent generation task, whereas patients with left anterior lesions stated a greater number of new (incorrect) words in the recall of previously learned words, presumed to indicate stuck-in-set perseveration of the previous generation performance.
(17) If we persevere, some of what we find impossible to achieve today will become possible tomorrow, will become the norm of the future, and will, we hope, give way to still better innovations as medicine continues to evolve.
(18) Response perseveration was investigated in an experimental procedure which has previously been shown to be sensitive to pharmacologically induced behavioral perseveration and response stereotypy.
(19) "Ramadan, the month of mercy, teaches us the value of unity and perseverance and we urge the British Muslim communities to continue the generous and tireless efforts to support all of those affected by the crisis in Syria and unfolding events in Iraq, but to do so from the UK in a safe and responsible way."
(20) I see it as a sign that he can weather a storm, persevere and come out victorious.