(a.) Joining two not adjacent angles of a quadrilateral or multilateral figure; running across from corner to corner; crossing at an angle with one of the sides.
(n.) A right line drawn from one angle to another not adjacent, of a figure of four or more sides, and dividing it into two parts.
(n.) A member, in a framed structure, running obliquely across a panel.
(n.) A diagonal cloth; a kind of cloth having diagonal stripes, ridges, or welts made in the weaving.
(1) The adjacent gauge was separated from the ischemic segment by one large nonoccluded diagonal branch of the left anterior descending artery.
(2) The presence of the positive-off diagonal of the second-order kernel of respiratory control of heart rate is an indication of an escape-like phenomenon in the system.
(3) We have examined the distribution of galanin-like immunoreactive (LI) cell bodies in the medial septal nucleus (MS) and the nucleus of the diagonal band of Broca (nDBB) of young (3 months) and aged (25-30 months) rats, and assessed their respective contribution to the septohippocampal pathway.
(4) Cells from a spontaneously established lineage were grown on glass coverslips that fit diagonally in a standard curvette and intracellular pH (pHi) was measured.
(5) Moderately stained neurons with two or three prominent cell processes were observed in the nucleus of the diagonal band of Broca, globus pallidus, and substantia innominata.
(6) Biomechanical analysis of the crosscountry techniques has developed from rather simple 2-dimensional kinematic descriptions of diagonal stride to complex measurement of skating forces and 3-dimensional motion.
(7) injected at 13.45 h. Transection which interrupted the connection of septum (SEPT), diagonal band of Broca (DBB) and bed nucleus of stria terminalis (BST) with the preoptic-suprachiasmatic area interfered with ovulation and surge of release of all 3 hormones.
(8) The survival without infarction at 8 years was 52% in the patients with dysfunction of left anterior descending artery grafts and 89% when the diseased graft was located on another artery (right coronary, left marginal, diagonal).
(9) The atherosclerotic involvement of coronary branch vessels (first diagonal, first septal, posterior descending, left and right marginals, conus and the vessels supplying the conduction system) was investigated in 450 apparently healthy subjects aged 11-55 years who died of accidental causes.
(10) When Kristine Minde eluded Claire Rafferty at the far post she was well placed to meet Solveig Gulbrandsen’s long diagonal ball.
(11) Working in tandem with Westminster city council, Transport for London and the Greater London Authority, the crown estate has pedestrianised several side streets, widened pavements, and introduced a diagonal crossing at Oxford Circus and new traffic islands at Piccadilly Circus, along with two-way traffic on Piccadilly, Pall Mall and St James's Street.
(12) The morphology, ultrastructure and synaptic relationships of the cholinergic and non-cholinergic neurons in the medial septal nucleus (MS) and vertical limb of the diagonal band of Broca (VDB) in the basal forebrain of the rat were studied at the light and electron microscopic levels.
(13) The local cerebral glucose utilization was measured in the hippocampal formation 3, 21, and 90 days after bilateral lesions of the medial septal nucleus and the nucleus of the diagonal band of Broca by multiple ibotenic acid injections.
(14) A similar effect was also observed when astrocytes from the immature septum, hippocampus or cerebellum were co-cultured with neurons derived from the septal-diagonal band region.
(15) Recent studies have shown that the central cholinergic neurons in the septal-diagonal band area, nucleus basalis and striatum are sensitive to the neurotrophic protein nerve growth factor (NGF).
(16) Vessel attempted: Left anterior descending (3), circumflex (4), obtuse marginal (2), diagonal (1), right coronary artery (3), and internal thoracic artery (1).
(17) Immunoreactive LHRH (irLHRH) perikarya were situated in the vicinity of the organum vasculosum of the lamina terminalis (OVLT), i.e., in the medial preoptic nucleus and in the nucleus of the diagonal band of Broca.
(18) Belgium were playing a more patient passing game now and, when Origi hit the bar with a header from Mertens’ diagonal cross, it began to look unlikely that the USA would be able to hold out.
(19) The number of matches for each diagonal over the entire known sequence are tabulated and presented as an aid to locating comparisons of greatest interest.
(20) Coronary arteriography showed stenosis of the anterior interventricular artery and occlusion of the first diagonal artery; the other coronary vessels were normal.
(n.) Everything that grows, and bears a green leaf, within the forest; as, to preserve vert and venison is the duty of the verderer.
(n.) The right or privilege of cutting growing wood.
(n.) The color green, represented in a drawing or engraving by parallel lines sloping downward toward the right.
(1) The VERT VOR time constant was marginally affected by the deficit.
(2) At the Montenvers railway turn right and zigzag easily up the extra 150m to grab great views of the pinnacles of the Aiguille Verte at 4,122m, Les Drus and the Mer de Glace (sea of ice).
(3) HOR and VERT VOR gain was within normal limits 1-3 months following an acute paralysis; time constants required a longer recovery period.
(4) An End the Omertà petition, which criticises an alleged Mafia-style code of silence around harassment, was published on the front page of the daily Libération on Tuesday after the MP Denis Baupin resigned as deputy parliamentary speaker following allegations made against him by women in his Europe Écologie Les Verts (EELV) party.
(5) The quality of life here would be inconceivable in Paris or London,” says Gosset, head of R&D at Santé Verte, a food supplements specialist.
(6) 2) The Vert's values of the BA-NA ratio profilograms in each age group based on the data of 9-year olds tended to decrease as age increased.
(7) Algeria have taken the opposite tack to South Korea's toffee pelters , the press lauding Les Verts as heroes and shuffling together a petition to persuade Vahid Halilhodzic to stay on as coach, as Rob Bleaney reports : The Algerian coach is set to leave his position after the tournament, having endured a long-running battle with some sections of the media.
(8) Sandrine Rousseau, 44, an economist and spokesperson for the Green party, Europe Écologie Les Verts (EELV), told an investigation by Mediapart and France Inter radio that during a party meeting, Baupin had cornered her in a corridor, pinned her against the wall, held her breasts and tried to kiss her by force.
(9) Of 102 members of two families living in the Baie Verte Peninsula, Newfoundland, 39 were found to have familial hyperlipoproteinemia.
(10) The three other candidates from the far left Parti de Gauche, Europe Ecologie Les Verts and the far-right Front National would trail behind with scores failing to reach double figures in the final round, according to the poll.
(11) And Alex Connell, principal tutor at the Vegetarian Society's cookery school, Cordon Vert, is currently helping students to discover the Caribbean, and its novel use of fresh chilli, spices and sweet ingredients: "It's a good source of new and interesting ingredients, like ackee, callaloo, cassareep and breadfruit."
(12) Our results indicate that a unilateral deficit causes a markedly different alteration for HOR VOR dynamics compared to the effect on VERT VOR.
(13) The effect of this type of unilateral deficit on VOR gain and long time constant were determined as well as the time course of the compensation processes for HOR and VERT VOR dynamics.
(14) Eleven cases of ischemic heart disease with or without myocardial infarction from two families in the Baie Verte Peninsula, Newfoundland, were studied.
(15) Summary--Ru-Vert, a combination product, containing in each tablet, 25 mg of pentylenetetrazol, 12.5 mg of pheniramine maleate, and 50 mg of nictonic acid, was evaluated in the treatment of seventeen patients with benign paroxysmal positional vertigo.
(16) A shoe-seller from Cap Vert, Jason Monteiro Furtado, 21, was on holiday in the town and began what has been described as a lighthearted turn, delivered from just behind the removable security barriers that line the main drag in Cannes.
(17) We then used the Fuzzy theory to change Vert's formula and obtained facial types.
(18) Fifty of 51 (98.1%) successfully verted women delivered a cephalic presentation infant at term.
(19) In verted sacs from normal rats, there was a decrease in transfer and in accumulation of L-cystine (0.03 mM) and L-valine (0.065 mM) when ACPC was on the mucosal (luminal) side.
(20) In the first group of localities, P. perniciosus was very abundant (87.8%) and S. minuta scarce (12.0%); in the second group, P. perfiliewi was the only species collected; in the third group, P. perfiliewi was very abundant (98.0%), S. minuta was vert scarce (1.1%) and P. perniciosus even more so (0.7%).