(1) Veterans admitted to a 90-day alcoholism treatment program were administered the MMPI, and those who completed the program were retested before discharge.
(2) All patients were discharged home from two to six days after surgery (mean (SD) 3.7 (1.2) days).
(3) Analysis of conjugated discharges ACHs showed that they appeared predominantly periodically (87% of cases).
(4) On the other hand, the limbic after-discharges to the hippocampal or amygdaloid stimulation were enhanced by Z. mioga as well as chlorpromazin, but they were inhibited by diazepam.
(5) None of the children in the study showed clinical symptoms of acquired subglottic stenosis before discharge from hospital, and none has been readmitted for this condition subsequently.
(6) Several dimensions of the outcome of 86 schizophrenic patients were recorded 1 year after discharge from inpatient index-treatment to complete a prospective study concerning the course of illness (rehospitalization, symptoms, employment and social contacts).
(7) Of the 16 cases, 14 (88%) were diagnosed as TSS or probable TSS by the attending physician, although only nine (64%) of the 14 diagnosed cases were given the correct discharge code.
(8) The records of 148 geriatric patients discharged from the Royal Ottawa Hospital over an 18-month period were studied.
(9) We conclude that neuronal activities in the region of the retrofacial nucleus are important both in the integration of stimuli from the central chemoreceptors and in defining the discharge patterns of respiratory neurons.
(10) This effect of adrenalectomy on MNE excitability was further demonstrated by recording directly the neostigmine-induced repetitive neural discharges responsible for the muscle fasciculations.
(11) The present investigation has shown that the atrial receptors with a Paintal Type A pattern of discharge are relatively rare in both dogs and rabbits.
(12) Further analysis of these changes according to smoking history, age, preoperative weight, dissection of IMA, and aortic cross-clamp time showed that only IMA dissection affected the postextubation changes in peak expiratory flow rate (p less than 0.0001), whereas the decreases in functional residual capacity and expiratory reserve volume at discharge were affected by IMA dissection (p less than 0.05) and age (p = 0.01).
(13) At the end of the dusting period those animals treated with normally charged dust had significantly more chrysotile retained in their lungs than animals exposed to discharged dust.
(14) The periodic pattern was assumed as subclinical focal seizure discharges from the right anterior temporal deep structures.
(15) By this action, oxytocin is believed to increase the probability of successful regenerative spikes and thereby initiate electrical activity in quiescent preparations, increase the frequency of burst discharges, the number of spikes in each burst, and the amplitude of spikes in individual cells.
(16) Earlier recognition of foul-smelling mucoid discharge on the IUD tail, or abnormal bleeding, or both, as a sign of early pelvic infection, followed by removal of the IUD and institution of appropriate antibiotic therapy, might prevent the more serious sequelae of pelvic inflammation.
(17) Before discharge, subjects rated six out of the seven content areas as "important" for learning.
(18) Functional status on admission measured by the Katz ADL was the most powerful predictor of functional status at discharge.
(19) The letters of discharge or the case records were obtained for all patients under one year for the entire period and for all patients over one year for the period 1984-1986, a total of 627 persons.
(20) Moreover, the majority of the 'out of phase' units showed an increased discharge during side-up animal tilt and side-down neck rotation.
(imp. & p. p.) of Drain
(1) In one of the cirrhotic patients, postmortem correlation of sonographic, angiographic, and pathological findings showed that the dilated vessels seen on sonography were cystic veins draining normally into the portal vein rather than portosystemic anastomoses.
(2) Intraperitoneal drain should therefore be used when choledochus has been explored.
(3) It is usually associated with a left superior caval vein draining into the coronary sinus and is frequently part of a complex congenital malformation of the heart.
(4) Ovarian venous concentrations of these four steroids from the side draining the tumor-bearing ovary were increased in 40 to 80% of the women.
(5) Radioactive lactic acid was detected in the drained perfusion solution with D(U-14C)-glucose, but not when D(U-14C)-fructose was used.
(6) Draining of thin films has thus a dehydrating effect as well as a sorting and ordering effect.
(7) Regarding ureters read as true positives on indirect study, if that ureter has ever shown reflux at any time, or if it drained a scarred kidney specificity was improved to 97% without changing the sensitivity.
(8) In tests on 13 cells pacing at a 200 mua drain without recharging, the simulated mean duration of pacing before total discharge was 4.8 years.
(9) An abscess of a lingual tonsil should be drained under general anesthesia, and lingual thyroid should be treated conservatively unless it produces obstructive symptoms.
(10) Among them 8 cases were coelio-drained for 24 hours with very little thin bloody drainage.
(11) Lymphocytes obtained from lymph nodes draining foot pads infected with R. conorii or R. akari demonstrated cross-reactivity similar to that found with immune spleen cells.
(12) The experiments show that the single cephalad channel venous island flap is perfused by and drains through its single cephalad vein.
(13) But it has a tainted reputation: the 2007 foot and mouth outbreak was traced to a leak from Pirbright’s drains.
(14) The well drained soils of the Suiá--Missu forest are very uniform, deep latosols (oxisols) of very dystrophic nature with pH (in water) between 4.0 and 5.0 (see table 2, p. 203).
(15) That would mark a controversial break from its existing policy, whereby the ECB offsets bond purchases by draining liquidity from the system in separate operations.
(16) In 13 growing pigs (mini-pigs) all veins draining the head of femur were ligated intra-abdominally.
(17) However, we demonstrate that topical exposure to DNTB causes activation of the draining lymph node in mice and the induction of contact sensitization in both rodents and a single human volunteer.
(18) The malformations over the surface drain into the superior sagittal sinus.
(19) Our current recommendation for initial treatment is excision of the primary tumor followed by irradiation with generous fields to include the primary tumor site and draining regional lymphatics to doses of 46-50 Gy in 2 Gy fractions.
(20) The region was perfused at constant flow through the aorta and drained at constant pressure from the inferior vena cava.