(1) report the complications registered, in particular: lead's displacing 6.2%, run away 0.7%, marked hyperthermya 0.0%, haemorrage 0.4%, wound dehiscence 0.3%, asectic necrosis by decubitus 5%, septic necrosis 0.3%, perforation of the heart 0.2%, pulmonary embolism 0.1%.
(2) Displacement of the enol triflate with various sulfinates in acetonitrile or DMF and deprotection of the intermediates led to 7 beta-[(2-amino-4-thiazolyl)(methoxyimino)acetyl]amino]- 3-[alkyl(aryl)sulfonyl]-1-carba-1-dethia-3-cephem-4-carboxyl ic acids.
(3) Displacement of the surface of the cornea of bovine eyes after disruption of intact structures was investigated by means of holographic interferometry.
(4) The relative potencies compared to insulin-like growth factor 2 (IGF-2) in displacing [125I]IGF-2 from rat liver membranes were recombinant truncated IGF-1, 0.3% and recombinant IGF-1, 0.2%.
(5) Displacement of a colinear line over the same range without an offset evoked little, if any, response.
(6) It is proposed that microoscillations of the eye increase the threshold for detection of retinal target displacements, leading to less efficient lateral sway stabilization than expected, and that the threshold for detection of self motion in the A-P direction is lower than the threshold for object motion detection used in the calculations, leading to more efficient stabilization of A-P sway.
(7) Eddy current transducers measured relative displacements under application of static loads, serially applied in the axial, mediolateral, and craniocaudal directions.
(8) Over a period of 9 months a 12-year-old girl spontaneously developed a palpable cystic tumor in the upper eye lid which led to an indentation and downward displacement of the globe.
(9) The specificity of the assay was established by competitive displacement of 125I-labeled arginine-rich protein from its antiserum by arginine-rich protein and lipoproteins containing this protein, but not by rat albumin or other purified apolipoproteins.
(10) Formation of the functional contour plaster bandage within the limits of the foot along the border of the fissure of the ankle joint with preservation of the contours of the ankles 4-8 weeks after the treatment was started in accordance with the severity of the fractures of the ankles in 95 patients both without (6) and with (89) dislocation of the bone fragments allowed to achieve the bone consolidation of the ankle fragments with recovery of the supportive ability of the extremity in 85 (89.5%) of the patients, after 6-8 weeks (7.2%) in the patients without displacement and after 10-13 weeks (11.3%) with displacement of the bone fragments of the ankles.
(11) Cytoplasmic organelles were displaced and rearranged in the presence of somal neurofibrillary changes.
(12) Two years ago, the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change declared Egypt's Nile Delta to be among the top three areas on the planet most vulnerable to a rise in sea levels, and even the most optimistic predictions of global temperature increase will still displace millions of Egyptians from one of the most densely populated regions on earth.
(13) The vast majority of small cells were probably displaced amacrine cells.
(14) Unlabeled IGF-I displaced both the IGF-I and insulin bindings with potencies that were 100 and 10 times as great as insulin.
(15) Displacing potencies for dopamine in the nanomolar range are associated with agonist-specific D-3 receptor binding and it is predicted that the component of D-2 binding with high agonist affinity may play a confounding role in many D-3 receptor studies.
(16) Proper maintenance of body orientation was defined to be achieved if the net angular displacement of the head-and-trunk segment was zero during the flight phase of the long jump.
(17) This reduction is produced by medial displacement of the cerci, a movement the animal performs naturally during flying.
(18) A compensator connected to the section consisting of the pump-main line-operating member and including a pneumatic resistance and a flaxid non-elastic container enables it in combination with the feedback to maintain through the volumetric displacement of the gas, or changing the pump diaphragm position, the stability of the gas volume in the pneumatic transmission element of the assisted circulation apparatus.
(19) It is conceivable that DNA replication of RSF1010 does not need the priming mechanism for lagging strand synthesis and proceeds by the strand displacement mechanism.
(20) It is this combination that explains the widespread fascination with how China's economic size or power compares to America's, and especially with the question of whether the challenger has now displaced the long-reigning champion.
(imp. & p. p.) of Display
(a.) Unfolded; expanded; exhibited conspicuously or ostentatiously.
(a.) With wings expanded; -- said of a bird of pray, esp. an eagle.
(a.) Set with lines of prominent type interspersed, to catch the eye.
(1) The resulting dose distribution is displayed using traditional 2-dimensional displays or as an isodose surface composited with underlying anatomy and the target volume.
(2) The PSB dioxygenase system displayed a narrow substrate range: none of 18 sulphonated or non-sulphonated analogues of PSB showed significant substrate-dependent O2 uptake.
(3) His son, Karim Makarius, opened the gallery to display some of the legacy bequeathed to him by his father in 2009, as well as the work of other Argentine photographers and artists – currently images by contemporary photographer Facundo de Zuviria are also on show.
(4) As the requirements to store and display these images increase, the following questions become important: (a) What methods can be used to ensure that information given to the physician represents the originally acquired data?
(5) Despite this alteration in subcellular distribution, the mutant polypeptide retained the ability to induce fibroblast transformation by several parameters, including the ability to display anchorage-independent growth.
(6) IIA4 displayed 94% amino acid similarity with IIA3 and IIA3v.
(7) The number of axons displaying peptide-like immunoreactivity within the optic nerve, retinal or cerebral to the crush, and within the optic chiasm gradually decreased after 2-3 months.
(8) HCECs display an unusual combination of cytokeratin IFs and neurofilaments, together with vimentin, and are heterogeneous with respect to their IF makeup.
(9) Intelligence scores are also related to feeding patterns, with those exclusively breastfed for 4-9 months displaying the highest scores in relation to their age.
(10) Facebook Twitter Pinterest Also on display in the hallway is a painting of Carson with Jesus.
(11) The return of NE to normal levels after one month is consistent with the observation that LH-lesioned rats are by one month postlesion no longer hypermetabolic, but display levels of heat production appropriate to the reduced body weight they then maintain.
(12) Each of the phospholipid classes displayed a distinctive fatty acid pattern which was the same in all fractions and in whole platelets.
(13) The hosts had resisted through the early stages, emulating their rugged first-half displays against Manchester United and Arsenal here this season, and even mustered a flurry of half-chances just before the interval to offer a reminder they might glean greater reward thereafter.
(14) Thus, whereas CD3-associated molecules isolated from polyclonal CD3+WT31+ populations (expanded in IL 2 under the same culture conditions) appeared as diffuse bands, CD3-associated molecules isolated from CD3+WT31- populations displayed a homogeneous molecular mass.
(15) Using an oil painting by G.F. Watts displayed in the National Portrait Gallery of London, we made an attempt to diagnose the dermatological alterations recognizable.
(16) Although the performance aspects of electronic displays are crucial considerations in workstation design, experience suggests that human factors in mechanical operation, software accessibility, and workstation environment are also important.
(17) In Study 4, attributional biases and deficits were found to be positively correlated with the rate of reactive aggression (but not proactive aggression) displayed in free play with peers (N = 127).
(18) The authors presented 16 cases that displayed episodes of pathological over-eating, i.e.
(19) This provides a direct display, in the viewing plane, of the slice profile.
(20) After 40 days of adaptation to serum-free medium, these cells displayed growth, morphology, and expression of CD4 similar to serum-supplemented cultures.