(a.) Unfolded; expanded; exhibited conspicuously or ostentatiously.
(a.) With wings expanded; -- said of a bird of pray, esp. an eagle.
(a.) Set with lines of prominent type interspersed, to catch the eye.
(1) The resulting dose distribution is displayed using traditional 2-dimensional displays or as an isodose surface composited with underlying anatomy and the target volume.
(2) The PSB dioxygenase system displayed a narrow substrate range: none of 18 sulphonated or non-sulphonated analogues of PSB showed significant substrate-dependent O2 uptake.
(3) His son, Karim Makarius, opened the gallery to display some of the legacy bequeathed to him by his father in 2009, as well as the work of other Argentine photographers and artists – currently images by contemporary photographer Facundo de Zuviria are also on show.
(4) As the requirements to store and display these images increase, the following questions become important: (a) What methods can be used to ensure that information given to the physician represents the originally acquired data?
(5) Despite this alteration in subcellular distribution, the mutant polypeptide retained the ability to induce fibroblast transformation by several parameters, including the ability to display anchorage-independent growth.
(6) IIA4 displayed 94% amino acid similarity with IIA3 and IIA3v.
(7) The number of axons displaying peptide-like immunoreactivity within the optic nerve, retinal or cerebral to the crush, and within the optic chiasm gradually decreased after 2-3 months.
(8) HCECs display an unusual combination of cytokeratin IFs and neurofilaments, together with vimentin, and are heterogeneous with respect to their IF makeup.
(9) Intelligence scores are also related to feeding patterns, with those exclusively breastfed for 4-9 months displaying the highest scores in relation to their age.
(10) Facebook Twitter Pinterest Also on display in the hallway is a painting of Carson with Jesus.
(11) The return of NE to normal levels after one month is consistent with the observation that LH-lesioned rats are by one month postlesion no longer hypermetabolic, but display levels of heat production appropriate to the reduced body weight they then maintain.
(12) Each of the phospholipid classes displayed a distinctive fatty acid pattern which was the same in all fractions and in whole platelets.
(13) The hosts had resisted through the early stages, emulating their rugged first-half displays against Manchester United and Arsenal here this season, and even mustered a flurry of half-chances just before the interval to offer a reminder they might glean greater reward thereafter.
(14) Thus, whereas CD3-associated molecules isolated from polyclonal CD3+WT31+ populations (expanded in IL 2 under the same culture conditions) appeared as diffuse bands, CD3-associated molecules isolated from CD3+WT31- populations displayed a homogeneous molecular mass.
(15) Using an oil painting by G.F. Watts displayed in the National Portrait Gallery of London, we made an attempt to diagnose the dermatological alterations recognizable.
(16) Although the performance aspects of electronic displays are crucial considerations in workstation design, experience suggests that human factors in mechanical operation, software accessibility, and workstation environment are also important.
(17) In Study 4, attributional biases and deficits were found to be positively correlated with the rate of reactive aggression (but not proactive aggression) displayed in free play with peers (N = 127).
(18) The authors presented 16 cases that displayed episodes of pathological over-eating, i.e.
(19) This provides a direct display, in the viewing plane, of the slice profile.
(20) After 40 days of adaptation to serum-free medium, these cells displayed growth, morphology, and expression of CD4 similar to serum-supplemented cultures.
(p. p.) of Show
() p. p. of Show.
(1) It was shown that delta F508 frequency of CF-patients was 59.2%, the frequencies of S5491, G551D and K533X were about 1%.
(2) We have determined the genomic structure of the fosB gene and shown that it consists of 4 exons and 3 introns at positions also found in the c-fos gene.
(3) Recently, it has been shown that radiation therapy, alone or combined with chemotherapy, can be successful.
(4) It was shown in experiments on four dogs by the conditioned method that the period of recovery of conditioned activity after one hour ether anaesthesia tested 7 to 7.5 days.
(5) We have previously shown that serotonin is present in secretory granules of frog adrenochromaffin cells; concurrently, we have demonstrated that serotonin is a potent stimulator of corticosterone and aldosterone secretion by adrenocortical cells.
(6) Extensive studies during recent years have shown that the interaction between hormone and membrane-bound receptor can affect the receptor characteristics in at least two ways.
(7) It has been shown by LM and transmission electron microscopy that cells with blebs are viable and capable of mitotic activity.
(8) Past imaging techniques shown in the courtroom have made the conventional rules of evidence more difficult because of the different informational content and format required for presentation of these data.
(9) We have previously shown that intratracheally instilled silica (quartz) produces both morphologic evidence of emphysema and small-airway changes, and functional evidence of airflow obstruction.
(10) Completeness of isolation of the coronary and systemic circulations was shown by the marked difference in appearance times between the reflex hypotensive responses from catecholamine injections into the isolated coronary circulation and the direct hypertensive response from a similar injection when the circulations were connected as well as by the marked difference between the pressure pulses recorded simultaneously on both sides of the aortic balloon separating the two circulations.4.
(11) Recent studies have shown that an aberration in platelet-derived growth factor gene expression is unlikely to be a factor in proliferation of smooth-muscle cells.
(12) Mitonafide is the lead compound of a new series of antitumor drugs, the 3-Nitronaphthalimides, which have shown antineoplastic activity in vitro as well as in vivo.
(13) It was also shown that after a shock at 44 degrees C teratocarcinoma cells were able to accumulate anomalous amounts of hsp 70 despite hsp 70 synthesis inhibition.
(14) A specimen of a very early ovum, 4 to 6 days old, shown in the luminal form of imbedding before any hemorrhage has taken place, confirms that the luminal form of imbedding does occur.
(15) In order to determine the extent of this similarity, I have developed a panel of probes for many of the Pacl restriction fragments and have shown that most of the Pacl and Notl fragments found in MBa are also present in MBb.
(16) The lipid A moiety was shown to be responsible for this novel biological activity of the LPS molecule.
(17) Numerical results for the population of England and Wales are shown.
(18) SD is shown to have therapeutic and differential diagnostic significance in varying pathological conditions of cerebral dopaminergic systems.
(19) Further purification of ZAB by filtration through Sephadex G-100 gave a preparation (ZAB2) which contained the common antigen as shown by the cross-reactivity of anti-ZAB2 rat serum with seven stains of N. gonorrhoeae.
(20) No correlation between volatile make up and geography was found, but the profiling procedures are shown to be of use in the forensic problem of relating samples to a common source.