(1) Plays like The Workhouse Donkey (1963) and Armstrong's Last Goodnight (1964) were staged in major theatres, but as the decade progressed so his identification with the increasingly radical climate of the times began to lead away from the mainstream theatre.
(2) You’d think Michael Foot himself was running, attending debates in a hammer and sickle-print donkey jacket, from the amount we’ve been talking about him.
(3) A study of gonadotrophin production in horses and donkeys bearing hybrid foals has yielded fascinating results about the immunology of pregnancy.
(4) Leukocyte microsomal HMG-CoA reductase, first immobilized onto a nitrocellulose filter, is sequentially reacted with 1) monospecific, polyclonal rabbit anti-rat liver HMG-CoA reductase antiserum, which crossreacts with the human liver and leukocyte enzymes; 2) biotinylated donkey anti-rabbit immunoglobulin; 3) a streptavidin-horseradish peroxidase conjugate; and 4) 4-chloro-1-naphthol and H2O2 to visualize the quantity of horseradish peroxidase bound to the immunocomplex.
(5) Four books of his songs have been published, as well as a children's song book called Little Donkey, with illustrations by J Patrick Lewis.
(6) Hagere Selam remains a modest place of mudwalled shops with corrugated roofs, cows, donkeys and sheep wandering unpaved streets and children idling away an afternoon at table football – a generation with no memory of the famine that killed hundreds of thousands and woke up the world.
(7) A llama, a miniature horse, and a miniature donkey with severe bilateral congenital flexural deformities of the metacarpophalangeal and metatarsophalangeal joints were treated successfully by arthrodesis with dynamic compression plating or external skeletal fixation.
(8) The incidence of hydatidosis in donkeys and the relationship of the domestic cycle to the wildlife cycle operating in the same area is unknown and requires further study.
(9) Many arrive on donkeys from Turkey, but there is no way of knowing which products are counterfeit and which are real.
(10) Best-known for creating Donkey Kong and Super Mario Bros , Shigeru Miyamoto is an acclaimed games designer and general manager of Nintendo's entertainment analysis and development division.
(11) Leucocytes from the blood of adult and young donkeys (Equus asinus L.), adult horses (Equus caballus L.), adult mules (Equus asinus x Equus caballus) and adult pigs (Sus scrofa L.) were obtained in a high degree of purity (99.9%) using Na2-EDTA-dextrans mixtures.
(12) Her latest show War Donkey is at the Assembly Rooms.
(13) In October 2013, in a sign of how bad things had become, the imam of Yarmouk’s largest mosque issued a fatwa that permitted people to eat cats, dogs and donkeys.
(14) In vivo mucus transport rates were studied in humans and donkeys by external measurement of the rate of clearance of insoluble monodisperse gamma-tagged aerosols.
(15) Erythrocytes of guinea-pig, rabbit, hamster, rat, chicken, dog and donkey formed a lower percentage of rosettes.
(16) A 246 bp cDNA clone representing the C-terminal region of the donkey (Equus asinus) chorionic gonadotrophin (CG)-beta subunit was isolated from a placental library.
(17) • Gîtes (sleeping 4-7 from €450 a week, 020-3603 1160, babyfriendlyboltholes.co.uk Croas Men farm, near Morlaix Accommodation options at this unusual campsite include ridge tents and a gypsy caravan but the best option for families is La Maisonnette, a simple wooden house overlooking a donkey meadow.
(18) "The hut has been in the same family for donkey's years," he said.
(19) Four out of the 6 donkeys had B. equi antibodies while 2 of them had detectable parasitaemia.
(20) Thus it was possible to separate histochemically the TA muscle in the rostral (pars ventricularis) and caudal (pars vocalis) portions which are related to the VE and the VO muscles of the dog, horse and donkey.
(n.) A hollow-horned ruminant of the genus Capra, of several species and varieties, esp. the domestic goat (C. hircus), which is raised for its milk, flesh, and skin.
(1) 10D1 mAb induced a substantial proliferation of peripheral blood T cells when cross-linked with goat anti-mouse Ig antibody.
(2) When labelled long-chain fatty acids or glycerol were infused into the lactating goat, there was extensive transfer of radioactivity into milk in spite of the absence of net uptake of substrate by the mammary gland.
(3) Infectious virus was recovered 3 years after infection from selected tissues of 12 of 17 CAEV(63)-infected goats and 11 of 18 CAEV(Co)-infected goats.
(4) As evidence, they show no mediated semantic-phonological priming during picture naming: Retrieval of sheep primes goat, but the activation of goat is not transmitted to its phonological relative, goal.
(5) Voluntary intake and nutritive value of diets selected by goats grazing a shrubland at Marin county, N.L., Mexico were determined.
(6) In the second study, CFA, TiterMax, Adjuvax and RAS were compared in rabbits, mice and goats.
(7) Heart rates were obtained simultaneously from FM radio transmitters and heart rate monitors externally mounted on unanesthetized and unrestrained mixed-breed goats.
(8) In order to obtain baseline information about Lewis antigen expression in human urothelium in order that changes during malignant transformation can be evaluated, urothelium from eight individuals of known erythrocyte Lewis types were stained by a Tween-modified indirect immunoperoxidase staining technique using goat antibodies directed toward the Lewis a and Lewis b determinants and mouse monoclonal antibodies directed toward the Lewis a determinant in serial dilutions.
(9) The staining method consisted of sequential treatment of slides with crest serum, fluorosceinated goat-antihuman and swine-antigoat antibodies, and propidium iodide.
(10) The antigen bound antibody was separated from the free antigen by the double antibody method using goat anti-rabbit IgG serum.
(11) Twenty-eight pregnant goats in midgestation were exposed to a bovine pathogenic strain of Brucella abortus to determine the histologic changes associated with infection.
(12) Head chef Christopher Gould (a UK Masterchef quarter-finalist) puts his own stamp on traditional Spanish fare with the likes of mushroom-and-truffle croquettes and suckling Málaga goat with couscous.
(13) Mature Fasciola gigantica obtained from naturally infected cattle were surgically transferred into the gallbladders of six fluke-free goats.
(14) The Palestinian Bedouin family live in Az-Zayyem, inside Area C, farming goats and camels for milk.
(15) In the second experiment, 2 antisera to mouse NGF were given daily into the footpad for 11 or 12 d; control animals were given normal goat serum.
(16) Therefore, the hypothesis of a fetal sensori-neural hearing loss due to oxygen lack was tested in the following animal models: a) Adult cats to which feline red blood cells were infused thus causing a polycythemia similar to fetal conditions; b) Adult rats acclimated to altitude in a hypobaric chamber, inducing erythropoiesis with elevated hematocrit and hemoglobin; c) Neonatal guinea pigs and goats studied when they were less than 12 hours old so that the fetal compensatory mechanisms were still present.
(17) The goat and rabbit mouse epsilon chain-specific antisera were adsorbed on normal mouse serum.
(18) The OMI averaged 2.2 and 2.1% of body weight for sheep and goats, respectively (P = .08).
(19) The goat isolates were obtained from animals with various disease conditions including respiratory tract disorders, vulvovaginitis, and wart-like lesions on the eyelid.
(20) Cerebrocortical necrosis appears to be unusual in goats, compared to cattle and sheep, but it should be entertained in the differential diagnosis of caprine nervous diseases.