(1) Plays like The Workhouse Donkey (1963) and Armstrong's Last Goodnight (1964) were staged in major theatres, but as the decade progressed so his identification with the increasingly radical climate of the times began to lead away from the mainstream theatre.
(2) You’d think Michael Foot himself was running, attending debates in a hammer and sickle-print donkey jacket, from the amount we’ve been talking about him.
(3) A study of gonadotrophin production in horses and donkeys bearing hybrid foals has yielded fascinating results about the immunology of pregnancy.
(4) Leukocyte microsomal HMG-CoA reductase, first immobilized onto a nitrocellulose filter, is sequentially reacted with 1) monospecific, polyclonal rabbit anti-rat liver HMG-CoA reductase antiserum, which crossreacts with the human liver and leukocyte enzymes; 2) biotinylated donkey anti-rabbit immunoglobulin; 3) a streptavidin-horseradish peroxidase conjugate; and 4) 4-chloro-1-naphthol and H2O2 to visualize the quantity of horseradish peroxidase bound to the immunocomplex.
(5) Four books of his songs have been published, as well as a children's song book called Little Donkey, with illustrations by J Patrick Lewis.
(6) Hagere Selam remains a modest place of mudwalled shops with corrugated roofs, cows, donkeys and sheep wandering unpaved streets and children idling away an afternoon at table football – a generation with no memory of the famine that killed hundreds of thousands and woke up the world.
(7) A llama, a miniature horse, and a miniature donkey with severe bilateral congenital flexural deformities of the metacarpophalangeal and metatarsophalangeal joints were treated successfully by arthrodesis with dynamic compression plating or external skeletal fixation.
(8) The incidence of hydatidosis in donkeys and the relationship of the domestic cycle to the wildlife cycle operating in the same area is unknown and requires further study.
(9) Many arrive on donkeys from Turkey, but there is no way of knowing which products are counterfeit and which are real.
(10) Best-known for creating Donkey Kong and Super Mario Bros , Shigeru Miyamoto is an acclaimed games designer and general manager of Nintendo's entertainment analysis and development division.
(11) Leucocytes from the blood of adult and young donkeys (Equus asinus L.), adult horses (Equus caballus L.), adult mules (Equus asinus x Equus caballus) and adult pigs (Sus scrofa L.) were obtained in a high degree of purity (99.9%) using Na2-EDTA-dextrans mixtures.
(12) Her latest show War Donkey is at the Assembly Rooms.
(13) In October 2013, in a sign of how bad things had become, the imam of Yarmouk’s largest mosque issued a fatwa that permitted people to eat cats, dogs and donkeys.
(14) In vivo mucus transport rates were studied in humans and donkeys by external measurement of the rate of clearance of insoluble monodisperse gamma-tagged aerosols.
(15) Erythrocytes of guinea-pig, rabbit, hamster, rat, chicken, dog and donkey formed a lower percentage of rosettes.
(16) A 246 bp cDNA clone representing the C-terminal region of the donkey (Equus asinus) chorionic gonadotrophin (CG)-beta subunit was isolated from a placental library.
(17) • Gîtes (sleeping 4-7 from €450 a week, 020-3603 1160, babyfriendlyboltholes.co.uk Croas Men farm, near Morlaix Accommodation options at this unusual campsite include ridge tents and a gypsy caravan but the best option for families is La Maisonnette, a simple wooden house overlooking a donkey meadow.
(18) "The hut has been in the same family for donkey's years," he said.
(19) Four out of the 6 donkeys had B. equi antibodies while 2 of them had detectable parasitaemia.
(20) Thus it was possible to separate histochemically the TA muscle in the rostral (pars ventricularis) and caudal (pars vocalis) portions which are related to the VE and the VO muscles of the dog, horse and donkey.
(n.) The fruit of the mango tree. It is rather larger than an apple, and of an ovoid shape. Some varieties are fleshy and luscious, and others tough and tasting of turpentine. The green fruit is pickled for market.
(n.) A green muskmelon stuffed and pickled.
(1) When Matt Slater went swimming with his dog Mango in a Cornish estuary this month, he bumped into a barrel jellyfish.
(2) The results also showed that Tag treated fruits developed their internal and external coloration normally, whereas mangos with Falvorseal coating did not develop their external coloration nor their red internal coloration.
(3) Mohammed Hanif, the award winning novelist, also parodied General Zia and his inner circle in his novel, A Case of Exploding Mangoes .
(4) With the Gulf of Cádiz and the Atlantic beyond being among Europe’s most fertile marine areas, and a climate where mangoes and bananas thrive, visitors eat extremely well – and surprisingly cheaply – here.
(5) All strains examined were agglutinated by the protein-reactive agglutinins of Mangifera indica (mango) and Persea americana (avocado) and a large proportion was also agglutinated by the carbohydrate-reactive lectins of Canavalia ensiformis (Jack bean) and Triticum vulgaris (wheat germ).
(6) I wish it was.” However a “wanted” poster for the mango - which had a Facebook page created for it on Monday morning - has appeared on social media, with a local radio station’s logo in the corner.
(7) Standing among coconut and mango trees near the coast of Mozambique , Fernando Nhamussua carefully prepares shark meat for a family meal – and contemplates a basket with a profitable haul of four dried shark fins.
(8) The home remedies tried by mothers were, isabgol husk with curd (30.55%), ghee with tea (28.70%) water boiled with mint leaves (25.92%), local ghutti (22.22%) and unripe mango juice (16.66%).
(9) Colleen : For dessert, I made a mango syllabub, inspired by Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds; the fruit represented the sunset, and I studded the cream with edible diamonds to make it look sky-like.
(10) Facebook Twitter Pinterest A labourer unloads mangoes at the Gaddiannaram fruit market on the outskirts of Hyderabad.
(11) None of the apples that Sharma occasionally sells, from Kashmir, 500 miles to the north, nor the late-season mangoes from fields almost 1,000 miles south, are ever chilled.
(12) The patterns of the penetration and compression curves were similar in control and TAG treated fruits while in Flavorseal coated mangos the curves were uncharteristic.
(13) Somebody must have looked at the mango and said: ‘Here’s an interesting product.
(14) What to watch out for Some mango chutneys contain malt vinegar, so read the labels carefully before choosing if this is something you need to avoid.
(15) Earlier this month, Mango launched a special Ramadan collection of long, flowing gowns and wide-leg trousers which a representative for the brand described as a collection “seeking alternatives to replace the traditional abayas and chadors with creative designs”.
(16) When breast milk was included, average intakes for children came close to 100% of the recommended dietary allowance; the only other significant source of vitamin A for children was seasonally available mangoes.
(17) Though a number of plants and their parts are used for dental ailments among population in rural and urban areas of developing countries, in India however, the most common house-hold, road-side plants are mango (Mangifera indica), neem (Azadirachta indica; Melia azadirachta), ocimum (Ocimum basilicum), tea-dust (Camellia sinensis) and uncommonly murayya, i.e., currey leaf (Murayya koenigi) [Chopra et al.
(19) A strain of Leuconostoc oenos was isolated from a blown can of mango juice.
(20) (NB If you can't find dried shrimp, available from oriental grocers, add fish sauce to taste – FC) Bobby Ananta, Leicester, bobbyananta.com Makes 4 large portions 1 pomelo (about 2kg) 1 cucumber 1 sour mango 1 pomegranate Juice of 2 limes Coriander leaves and fried peanuts, to serve For the bumbu rujak dressing 2 red chillies 5 tbsp palm sugar 2 tbsp caster sugar 1 tsp salt 2 tbsp rice wine vinegar 4 tbsp walnut oil Juice of 1 lime 5 dried shrimp, fried 1 Cut the peel from the pomelo and break up the flesh into large pieces with your fingers.