(1) Plays like The Workhouse Donkey (1963) and Armstrong's Last Goodnight (1964) were staged in major theatres, but as the decade progressed so his identification with the increasingly radical climate of the times began to lead away from the mainstream theatre.
(2) You’d think Michael Foot himself was running, attending debates in a hammer and sickle-print donkey jacket, from the amount we’ve been talking about him.
(3) A study of gonadotrophin production in horses and donkeys bearing hybrid foals has yielded fascinating results about the immunology of pregnancy.
(4) Leukocyte microsomal HMG-CoA reductase, first immobilized onto a nitrocellulose filter, is sequentially reacted with 1) monospecific, polyclonal rabbit anti-rat liver HMG-CoA reductase antiserum, which crossreacts with the human liver and leukocyte enzymes; 2) biotinylated donkey anti-rabbit immunoglobulin; 3) a streptavidin-horseradish peroxidase conjugate; and 4) 4-chloro-1-naphthol and H2O2 to visualize the quantity of horseradish peroxidase bound to the immunocomplex.
(5) Four books of his songs have been published, as well as a children's song book called Little Donkey, with illustrations by J Patrick Lewis.
(6) Hagere Selam remains a modest place of mudwalled shops with corrugated roofs, cows, donkeys and sheep wandering unpaved streets and children idling away an afternoon at table football – a generation with no memory of the famine that killed hundreds of thousands and woke up the world.
(7) A llama, a miniature horse, and a miniature donkey with severe bilateral congenital flexural deformities of the metacarpophalangeal and metatarsophalangeal joints were treated successfully by arthrodesis with dynamic compression plating or external skeletal fixation.
(8) The incidence of hydatidosis in donkeys and the relationship of the domestic cycle to the wildlife cycle operating in the same area is unknown and requires further study.
(9) Many arrive on donkeys from Turkey, but there is no way of knowing which products are counterfeit and which are real.
(10) Best-known for creating Donkey Kong and Super Mario Bros , Shigeru Miyamoto is an acclaimed games designer and general manager of Nintendo's entertainment analysis and development division.
(11) Leucocytes from the blood of adult and young donkeys (Equus asinus L.), adult horses (Equus caballus L.), adult mules (Equus asinus x Equus caballus) and adult pigs (Sus scrofa L.) were obtained in a high degree of purity (99.9%) using Na2-EDTA-dextrans mixtures.
(12) Her latest show War Donkey is at the Assembly Rooms.
(13) In October 2013, in a sign of how bad things had become, the imam of Yarmouk’s largest mosque issued a fatwa that permitted people to eat cats, dogs and donkeys.
(14) In vivo mucus transport rates were studied in humans and donkeys by external measurement of the rate of clearance of insoluble monodisperse gamma-tagged aerosols.
(15) Erythrocytes of guinea-pig, rabbit, hamster, rat, chicken, dog and donkey formed a lower percentage of rosettes.
(16) A 246 bp cDNA clone representing the C-terminal region of the donkey (Equus asinus) chorionic gonadotrophin (CG)-beta subunit was isolated from a placental library.
(17) • Gîtes (sleeping 4-7 from €450 a week, 020-3603 1160, babyfriendlyboltholes.co.uk Croas Men farm, near Morlaix Accommodation options at this unusual campsite include ridge tents and a gypsy caravan but the best option for families is La Maisonnette, a simple wooden house overlooking a donkey meadow.
(18) "The hut has been in the same family for donkey's years," he said.
(19) Four out of the 6 donkeys had B. equi antibodies while 2 of them had detectable parasitaemia.
(20) Thus it was possible to separate histochemically the TA muscle in the rostral (pars ventricularis) and caudal (pars vocalis) portions which are related to the VE and the VO muscles of the dog, horse and donkey.
(n.) A donkey.
(n.) A mesh of a net, or of anything resembling a net.
(1) Much better fun, however, is to hire an open-top buggy (think of a Mini Moke designed by the Cartoon Network) and decide which stretch of sand suits you best: the coves of Forno or Azedinha for tranquillity, Ossos for posing, Geribá for surf or Olho de Boi for an all-over tan.
(2) Singapore was given respite on Monday from the pollution of hundreds of peat fires burning on the island of Sumatra when the prevailing south westerly wind changed direction slightly at the weekend, blowing the acrid moke further north into Malaysia.